This is What Happens when you Follow Jim Lake

The Following Morning~~(Sonya's POV)

"Hey, Kid!" Jake's voice stirred me from my deep slumber, "Get your tush up, you're gonna be late!"

I moaned into the pillow, rolling over on my back I rubbed my eyes tiredly looking up at my bland ceiling, "Ugh . . . I hate mornings." I grumbled, sitting up, I scratched the back of my head, yawning big and wide. I stood up, and popped my back, grunting in pain. I rested my head in my hands before running one of them through my messy brown hair, I then stood up and sighed deeply, inhaling the musty scent of my room.

I got dressed quickly enough, in my usual shirt, skinny jeans and red converse, I then began the process of brushing out my wavy brown locks, my hair reached about the length of my shoulders, and it had the tendency to curl at the ends, so it framed my face, which--according to my mother--made my emerald green eyes pop.

I sighed as I finished brushing out my hair, I then divided my hair into three parts and I began braiding my hair, making sure it was tight and stiff.

"Kid, you coming?" Jake's voice reached my ears.

I sighed, "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming, Jake!" I called, clattering down the stairs.

I came by the kitchen counter, where Ann was cleaning some dishes, "There are some muffins in the oven for you, Sweetie." she called.

I nodded and pulled the oven door open, I grabbed a warm muffin before chomping into it, "Thanks, Ann." I said, my voice slightly muffled.

Ann rolled her eyes, "Don't talk with your mouth full, Sonya." she scolded playfully.

I shrugged, taking another bite from my muffin before grabbing the backpack, "I'm gonna be home late, ok?" I said, "I'm gonna meet up with . . . Lake and his buddies to do some after-school studying."

Jake looked up from the newspaper he was reader, "Huh, the Kid's made friends, good for you." he sipped his coffee.

I chuckled awkwardly, stuffing the rest of the muffin down my throat, "Bye!" I waved, before pushing the front door open and running out the front yard, I grabbed my mountain bike and hoisted it up on it's wheels. I mounted up and began peddling down the street to school. I cruised along the street, enjoying the cool morning air brushing against my face.

I turned a corner and I was soon joined by Jim, he looked at me, "Heya, Sonya!" he called.

I peddled quickly then cruised, "Hey, Jim," I replied, keeping my eyes glued to the road ahead.

"Jim! Sonya!"

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Toby paddle rapidly to gain up with us. I steered left a little letting Toby come up beside me.

"You're a little late, Tobes!" Jim teased, "What gives?"

Toby chuckled, "Oh, yeah, Arrrgh-" he froze, realizing what he said, "Arthur . . ." he corrected.