Journey to the Black Mountains: Part 1

Sonya's POV~

The second I was clear of the forge I turned to the nearest wall and smashed my head against it, "Stupid! Stupid! stupid Loboan!" I scolded. I then let my head rest on the stone, and I opened my eyes, my brown hair falling around my face.

Why did I do that? A simple 'thank you' would have suficed just fine. Why did I kiss him on the cheek? I reached up and touched my lips, Draal's skin was cool. No surprise there, with him being made of stone, but it was also soft at the same time. These thoughts made my face heat up, and I sighed deeply, turning around and sinking to the ground with my back to the wall.

Could this be actually happening? Could I actually be falling for this Troll? No! no way, no how, we're friends, we'd rather sock one another in the mouth than kiss and make out. Does Draal even know what kissing is?! From my knowledge, Trolls' dating rituals are way different from humans or Loboans.

I rubbed my head with my hands, "Ahhhh . . . .!" I grumbled softly. I then tucked my arms to my chest and closed my eyes, letting myself get absorbed in my memories of my mother.

"Sonya!"

My eyes snapped open, and I was tackled to the floor by . . . Jim. He had me wrapped up in a hug, I grunted and sat up,

"Jim? What's up?" I asked, prying him off and standing up.

Jim cleared his throat, "Sorry, we just heard about your mother . . ." he looked over his shoulder as Toby, Claire, Rhigo, Blinky and Arrrgh came over.

Clare shoved past Jim and hugged me tightly, "I'm so, so sorry to hear about that." I could feel her tiny shoulders shaking as she hugged me.

I sighed and patted her head, "Don't be sorry." I told her, as Toby came in from the side and hugged me. I gave another sigh, before Jim hugged me again, and Blinky, and Rhigo.

Before I knew it, I was smothered by all of them, Arrrgh finishing it off with his huge arms. I grunted a little bit before sighing,

"Ok, ok, easy." I mumbled, squirming.

One by one, starting with Arrrgh, they all let me go. And once that was over and done with, Toby spoke up,

"Ok, so, where's this Za-ap portal that'll take us to the Black Mountains?" He asked.

I peaked a brow, "You're going have to ask Rhigo." I jabbed a thumb to my brother, "I came here by foot."

Everyone turned their eyes to my brother, who was in his human form like me, Rhigo rubbed his chin, "Big Oak Tree outside of Arcadia. That's where we can summon a Za-ap." he explained,

"We leave at night fall then."

I turned seeing Draal walk up to us, his eyes not meeting mine. Draal snorted, "With the cover of nightfall, we can move about Arcadia unseen."

Jim nodded, "Pack your bags, guys, we're going to the Black Mountains!"

"Awesome-sauce!" Toby whooped.

Blinky nodded, "Agreed, my friends, let us prepare!" he grabbed Jim, and Toby by the shoulders and steered them off, with Claire, Arrrgh and Rhigo following. That's when it hit me, me and Draal were alone.

I turned my head to Draal, "Uh . . . Stone Skin?" I asked softly.

"Why do you want, Loboan?" He asked, looking at me.

I cleared my throat, "About before, I'm sorry if I startled you." I apologized.

Draal blinked, then looked at me, "Well, you have no things to worry about." he waved it off, "I wasn't affected by it in the least." he began walking off.

I watched him go, and peaked a brow, Liar. I thought as I followed him, I brushed my bangs from my eyes as we made it to Blinky's Library.

I froze seeing everyone, minus my brother, waiting for me, " . . . What is it?" I asked, slightly hesitant.

Blinky folded a set of one of his four arms, "We believe, if we are going to see you and your brother Rhigo's home, we should learn your customs."

"So we don't accidentally offend someone, and get eaten." Toby added on.

I peaked a brow before assuming my Loboan form, my ear flickered, "Well, our people live in the mountains, which makes invasion a problem." I smirked, "Especially with the guardians."

"Guardians?" Jim questioned.

I nodded, my tail swishing back and forth, "When the Loboans retreated into the mountains, our first Chief, Jerome, breathed life into two huge wolves forged of stone, they guard the entrance to our den. Indestructible, and Immortal." I explained, "When we get there, you need to stay behind me and Rhigo, the Guardians will crush any and all who are not spoken for by a Loboan." I warned.

"Got it," Jim said, "Stay behind the Loboan otherwise get eaten by rock wolves. Cool." he folded his arms.

"Anything else?" Blinky asked, peaking a brow.

I nodded, "Yes, whatever you do," I heaved a deep sigh, "do not call my father Hougan, call him Chief."

Draal peaked a brow, "Why not?" he asked.

"He'll see it as a sign of disrespect, and he'll tear you limb from limb." I replied, making Draal freeze.

Arrrgh peaked a brow, "Demands respect."

I shrugged, "That, and he's just being my dad." I then stood up and ruffled out my mane, "Ok, let's get ready to go." I prompted.