Crying

Sonya's POV~

I winced a little bit as I stumbled, clutching my side. Jim stood up and ran over to me,

"Sonya, are you ok?"

I looked up to where the Hunter was, only to find he had gone. I winced in pain, being sure to cover the knife in my side with my hands, "I'm . . . ok." I panted hard.

Draal walked over to me then looked around, "The Hunter, where did he go?"

Rhigo limped over, "Most likely skulking off to heal his wounds." he spat to the floor.

I backed away from the others as my father gathered what was left of our fighters to regroup and come up with a plan. I made my way to a huge column of stone that was one of many used to prop up the tall vaulted ceiling of the main cavern. I leaned up against it and looked to the wound at my flank, the knife was in up to the hilt, blood matted around my fur. I also took note that my clothes were in shreds, my shirt was nearly ripped off, and both my pants legs were torn at mid thigh. This were my good clothes too!

"Ah . . ." I winced as I closed my fingers around the hilt. I bit my own lip as I began pulling the knife out of my flank, I doubled over, groaning in pain. I felt blood fill my mouth as I yanked on the hilt, my claws raked across the stone wall as the knife slid out of my skin.

I let the blade clatter to the stone floor and I braced myself to the wall, as I watched the blood run down my body. I held my side as I slumped to the wall and slid to the floor, slowly reverting to my human form.

"Where did Sonya go?" I heard Jim ask.

Suddenly, I hear thudding footfalls and I opened my eyes seeing Draal towering over me, "What in Deya's Grace are you doing?" he asked.

I winced and smirked up at him, "Just t-taking a breather . . ." I grunted a little holding my side as the blotch of blood grew.

Draal's eyes lowered to my side and his posture went slack, "Sonya . . ." he knelt down and grabbed my hand, pulling it from my side, "Deya's Grace!" he shouted, before putting a hand on my shoulder, "Why did you not say anything?!" he demanded, putting his mechanical hand over my wound.

I shifted a little bit and looked at him, "Ah, I didn't w-want my f-father to worry . . ." I grit my teeth as I felt blood run down my chin.

Draal sighed and put both hands on my shoulder, "Your father will be worried, Sonya, this is serious." He pulled me up by my shoulders and rested my form on his shoulder.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, "Why so nice all . . . all of a sudden?" my breathing was shallow, but I managed a smirk on my lips.

Draal snarled, "I do not wish to see you die." he picked me up before he looked over, "Chief Hougan!" he roared.

I winced and looked down to my hand, seeing it was stained red with blood, in my human form my skin was ghostly pale, which wasn't seen in my Loboan form because of the fur that covered my body. My hair fell before my eyes as I looked up at Draal, and I noticed something was off,

his fire-like eyes were dulled, and wet. Oh, my Moon god he was close to tears! I blinked in shock before I scoffed,

"D-Draal . . ." I wheezed in pain, "why are you crying?" I asked.

Draal looked down at me, "I'm not." he replied, "I . . ." he bit his lower lip before he let out a snarl, "just don't die."

"No p-promis . . .es . . ." my eyelids grew heavy, and I let my head rest on Draal's chest, I could hear his heart through his stony hide.

Third Person~

Draal saw Sonya's form going limp in his arms and panic began settling in, he looked up again, seeing Hougan running over. He felt tears well up in his eyes, before he looked down to Sonya again, her eyes were half closed,

"Sonya, don't die." He begged, as Hougan and the others drew near, "You stupid puppy, don't die . . ."