Part 13

Arnav could feel khushi shaking out of fear. He slowly stroked her hair and said: khushi... relax...

Hearing his voice Khushi understood that she was safe.

She hugged him tighter and said: devi maaiya ka lakh lakh shukar rahe ki aap aa gaye...hum bohot darr gaye they..aap jantey hai na humey andherey mein akela kitna darr lagta hai...yahaan to koi tha bhi nehi..hum..hum..(thank God you are here..i was very scared...you know na I feel so scared when I am alone in the dark..there was no one here...and i..i...)

He lifted up her face and wiped the tears first, then carefully removed the hair strands from her forehead and said: sshhh..

Khushi looked up at him. Her face was pale and looked absolutely distressed. He cupped her face and said: bohot darr gayi thi tum? (were you very scared?)

Khushi nodded her head like a little kid with tears glistening in her eyes saying yes.

Arnav couldnot help but smile seeing her like that. Khushi got angry seeing him smile like that. She made a face and turned around saying: aap hamara mazak ura rahe hai na..thik hai humey aapse koi baat nehi karni...humey aapki koi zarurat nehi hai (you are making fun of me na...ok fine I don't want to talk to you..i don't need you)

Arnav spun her around in a fraction of a second. She landed straight in his arms. Her hands rested on his shoulder and he had his arms around her waist.

Her angry face immediately changed as she opened her mouth in awe and blushed deeply.

Arnav's face became extremely serious as he looked deeply in her eyes and said: koi zarurat nehi hai? (you don't need me?)

Khushi suddenly could feel her ears and cheeks becoming hot, she shivered and felt butterflies in her stomach at his question. How could she say how much she needed him...how could she...she was totally confused. She looked at him with trembling lips and nervous look on her face. Disappointed with her silence, he hung his head down and slowly turned around to walk away. Even in his wildest dreams he couldn't imagine what was waiting for him. After taking two steps he realised he couldn't move any further. He turned to look back and saw khushi holding his hand looking towards the ground. He couldn't have asked for anything else. He got answer to his questions. She was silent, kept her eyes down as she was shy, tears rolled down her eyes at the same time. Arnav slowly walked upto her and once again wiped her tear. He then picked her up in his arms and walked towards the car, all the while they kept looking at each other...no words were spoken but eyes spoke volumes. Slowly he opened the passenger door and carefully placed her in. He then took the driver's seat. He started the engine and then turned it off. Shocked khushi looked at him. He smirked and closed towards her. Khushi tried to move back and leaned against the car door, but he closed in more and lifted his hand up and extended it towards khushi's face. Khushi shut her eyes tightly. Even though her eyes were shut she could feel his presence which was now like inches away from her. She shivered as she felt his fingers brush her cheeks, she felt his touch on her hand. She wanted to take his name but she couldn't, only her lips opened and closed. Then she heard the engine start. Confused she opened her eyes and looked at arnav. His lips were curved in a lopsided smile, his eyes were set on the road as he started driving. Khushi then looked down and saw the seatbelt around her. Her mouth opened in awe as she realised what a fool she was to think that he would.... When he was actually putting on the seatbelt.

She tried to fight with him and raised a finger. But soon it struck her what would she say..

Arnav was enjoying every bit of it from the corner of his eyes. He turned his face and raised his eyebrow looking at her finger in mid air and said: what?

Khushi withdrew her hand and said nothing by nodding her head on both sides and looked out of the window.

Arnav and khushi arrived at the guest house and went inside. The awkward silence ruled again,only khushi's anklet jingled to break it at regular intervals. Arnav stole glances at khushi, who was looking everywhere but at him. He thought of breaking the silence and said gritting his teeth: kya zarurat thi akele jaane ki...(what was the need of going alone)

Khushi: hum akele baithey baithey pareshan ho gaye they isiliye humne socha ki..(I was bored sitting alone..so I thought)

Arnav cut in: yeah right..tumne socha!! (yeah right....you thought!)

Khushi: kyun? Hum nehi soch saktey? (why? Cant I think?)

Arnav: Khushi kumari gupta singh raizada kahi baar bata chuka hoon, fir bhi ekbar bol raha hoon ki sochne ke liye dimag chahiye..aur woh tumhare pass nehi hai..(khushi kumara gupta singh raizada..i have told you many times but repeating again that you need brains to think)

Khushi: dekhiye aap..(look you...)

Arnav looked at her from top to bottom with a smirk. She became extremely embarrassed as this was the first time he looked at her this way. She slowly half turned and said: woh hu...humey ne..neend aa rahi hai...(I am feeling sleepy)

Arnav smiled to himself and went to change clothes. After a while both of them got in the bed and prepared to sleep. This was a bigger bed compared to the one last night at the dhaba. Khushi made sure she maintained as much distance as possible. Arnav lied down straight looking at the ceiling, while khushi turned side and lied down with her back facing arnav. Even though they were not looking at each other, they could make out that none of them were sleeping. Arnav looked at her once and said: khushi...

Khushi turned towards him and said: ji!

Arnav: good night.

She smiled and said: good night!

It was midnight, both had fallen asleep. Khushi saw that she was crazily trying to get out from a dark maze. But the more she was trying, more she was getting lost. She cried out of fear and screamed: arnavji!!!!

Arnavji!!!! Arnav heard it and jumped up and looked on his side. Khushi was restlessly turning sides on the bed, sweating profusely, gasping and taking his name. He quickly moved towards her and held her and said: khushi... Khushi... Trying to wake her up. She opened her eyes, looked around at the dark room and sat up screaming: arnavji!!

Arnav got very scared to see her like this. He hugged her and held her head tightly against his chest and said: khushi...khushi... Relax..kuch nehi hua hai... See I am here... Khushi...(khushi...khushi...relax...nothing has happened... See I am here...khushi...)

She sobbed and was still restless in his arms.

Arnav stroked her hair and said: khushi...tumne koi bura sapna dekha..(khushi...it must be a nightmare)

She just kept on saying: arnavji... And cried.

Arnav once again held her face and kept it on his chest while stroking her back and said: khushi... Don't cry... Dekho I am right here...tumharey pass....dont worry.. (khushi... Don't cry... see I am right here...with you....dont worry.. )

She calmed down a bit. He lifted her face and gave her a prolonged kiss on the forehead and then again took her back in his arms. After staying like that for sometime, he slowly lied down holding her in his arms. He then placed her head on his chest and stroked her hair. Gradually sleep took over both of them and the dark night remained the sole witness of the blooming love.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें