Part 52

Next morning when arnav came down, anjali was done with her rakhi preparations. Aakash was already there. 

Anjali greeted arnav with a smile and said: arey chhotey tum aa gaye... aao..(you came good...come here)

Aakash: lekin di isbaar main pehele aya (but this time I was the first to come)

Anjali pulled his cheek and said: haan yeh bilkul sahi hai (yeah that is true)

Arnav complained like a little kid and said: di hamesha ki tarah main hi aanewala tha... He gritted his teeth and added: but is aman ko ek baar mein baat samajh mein aaye tab na..itna time waste kar diya..(I only was about come first but got late because of aman...he doesn't understand anything at one go..wasted my time)

Anjali and khushi suppressed a smile. 

Khushi: di ab koi kuch bhi bahana bana le...sach to yehi hai ki rakhi ke din jijaji sabse pehele aapke pass pohochey.(no matter what excuses people give...the truth is jijaji reached here first)

Arnav: what the... 

Anjali giggled. 

Arnav: di aap khushi se kahiye ki mujhe irritate na karey..waise bhi mera dimag kharab hai..upar se...(please tell khushi not to irritate me...I am already going mad and on top of that)

Khushi: chalo kam se kam maan to liya ki dimag kharab hai! (atleast you admitted that you are mad)

Arnav: khushi... 

Khushi: nehi hui khushi! (no I am not happy)

Anjali stepped in between and said: achha achha babah bas...ab tum dono firse shuru mat ho jana (ok now both of you don't start again)

Arnav: di shuruwaat maine nehi isne ki hai...(she started it not me)

Khushi made a face and hid behind anjali. Arnav tried to reach out for her.

Anjali saved khushi and said: achha babah..chhotey tum bhi na...aao rakhi bandhtey hai..(you are also too much..come let me tie the rakhi)

Just then they heard: di di jhukiye....jhukiye

Anjali thought of bending down for a split second and then realising it was nk running down the stairs she nodded her head with a smile.

khushi: nanheji jhukiye nehi rukiye

Nk: thank you khushiji..rukiye rukiye

Nk: sorry di mujhe aane mein der ho gayi..woh mere yeh what do you call it (he pointed towards his pyajama) and said: iska kinara bandh nehi ho raha tha...it is so difficult I tell you. (sorry di I got late because I couldn't tie these)

Everyone bursted out laughing. Anjali caught a breath and said: kinara nehi nk bhai nara...

Arnav: unbelievable!!

Anjali: achha ab aap teeno yahaan aaiye...(ok you three come here)

The three brothers stood infront of anjali and she tied a rakhi on their hands. Khushi and payal watched the three 'little' brothers standing infront of their elder sister, who lovingly pulled their cheeks and put some sweets in their mouth.

Taking one sweet in her hand she held it infront of arnav with a smile and said: chhotey yeh..

Arnav put it in his mouth and said: janta hoon di..sugar free hai! (I know di..its sugar free)

Watching the brothers and their loving sister khushi became emotional. Payal kept a hand on her shoulders and said: har saal ki tarah aj bhi tu isiliye udaas hai na..kyunki hamara bhai nehi hai jisey hum rakhi bandh saktey hai! (you are sad na because we don't have a brother)

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें