Part 66

Arnav: come let's go 

Khushi: haan sab intezar kar rahe honge..ab to aadhi raat ho gayi..humey ghar jana chahiye..(yes everyone must be waiting...its past midnight. We should go home)

Arnav smirked and said: khushi main ghar jaaney ki baat nehi kar raha hoon! (I am not talking about going home)

Khushi: to fir!!!itni raat ko hum ghar nehi jayenge to aur kaha jayenge?? (then!! If we don't go home now..where will we go?)

Arnav: hum zoo jayenge (we will go to the zoo) 

Khushi opened her mouth in shock and said: kya!!! Itni raat ko? Saarey janwar to so rahe honge!! (So late!! All the animals must be sleeping now!)

Arnav muttered: unbelievable! 

He pulled her cheek and said: koi baat nehi hum subah tak intezar kar lenge...(no problem we will wait till morning!)

Khushi gave him a confused look and tried to put forward an argument.

Khushi tried to open her mouth and arnav said: ssshh!! Come

He led her to the lift and pressed a button to go two floors above.

Khushi again looked at him confused. 

She bit her nails muttering: ajeeb jagah hai...humey to laga tha yeh hotel hai...lekin...yeh to...lucknow mein aisi jagah ke baarey mein humey kaise nehi pata..(strange place...I thought this was a hotel.but..how come I don't know about such a place in lucknow)

She still couldn't get over the zoo thing. Arnav looked the other way and smiled. They stepped out of the lift and arnav walked upto a room and took out a key to open it.

Khushi tapped on his shoulders and said: aap humey bewakuf bana rahe they? (you were fooling me?)

Arnav shrugged his shoulder and said: I guess is mein bananewali koi baat nehi..(I guess there is nothing to make)

Khushi followed arnav to the room and said: haaw!! Aapne humey...! (you!!!)

She was looking at arnav angrily. Arnav gestured with his eyes to look at the bed. Khushi raised her eyebrow looking at him and said: kya hai?? (what is it??)

Arnav gestured again. 

Khushi turned and looked towards the bed and covered her mouth with her hand.

Lying on the bed were many boxes wrapped in beautiful bright papers. Khushi: yeh sab...yeh hamarey liye...(are these for me..)

Arnav put his arms round her neck and said: nehi laya to main padosiyon ke liye tha...ab tumne dekh liya to tum hi rakh lo...(no I got it for the neighbours... now since u have seen you only keep it)

Khushi slapped him on his shoulders and ran towards the gifts with a grin.

She opened the first one. It was a pearl chain, which immediately reminded her of their first meeting. She picked it up and looked at it. Arnav came and sat beside her on the bed, took it and put it round her neck and said: kuch dor kabhi nehi toot tey...(some ties never break)

One drop of tear fell from her eyes, but she quickly wiped her tear and turned and smiled at him and then kept her head on his shoulder and said: kyunki woh dor dilse jurey hotey hai...(because they are connected to your heart)

He acknowledged by kissing her on the forehead. 

She then opened the next box and saw a red lehenga, the same one which she wore when they went for lavanya's engagement shopping. She had forgotten all about this, but looking at this she recalled how he had insulted her, and seeing this infront of her eyes she was bereft of words.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें