Part 35

The entire day khushi kept avoiding him. Towards the evening, Khushi went to the kitchen and started making jalebis while muttering: barey aye laad governor... Pata nehi kya samajhta hain aapne aapko!!(Don't know what he thinks of himself) 

'I guess tumhara pati'... Khushi heard it and turned around to see arnav standing and smiling.(I guess your husband) 

Khushi made a face and said: hum nehi mantey aapko aapna pati(I don't consider you as my husband) 

Arnav chuckled and said: ohkay... Waise tum kya kar rahi ho? Mere naam ki jalebi bana rahi ho??(By the way what are you doing?? Making jalebis of my name??) 

Khushi got a shock. She thought: inhe kaise pata ki humne..!!(How did he get to know that I..!!)
Arnav knew exactly what she was thinking and said: kya hua itni chauk kyun rahi ho??(Why are you looking so shocked??) 

Khushi: hey devi maaiya zarur humne neend mein sab kuch bol diya hoga..yeh laad governor bhi na saari raat kya pehera detey hai??(I must have blabbered everything in my sleep..this laad governor does he stay awake whole night??) 

Arnav teased her more: waise kafi alag style tha tumhara... Mere naam ki...(You had a very unique style..) 

Khushi turned and said: dekhiye humne aapke naam ki koi jalebi nehi banai..(Look I didn't make any jalebi with your name) 

Arnav: haan bilkul usi tarah jis tarah tumne payel ke mehndi ke waqt tumne aapne hath pe mera naam nehi likha tha..hai na khushi kumaaari gupta..aaa... (He imitated her) Remember?(Just like you never wrote my initials on your mehndi during payal's wedding..remember...khushi kumaaariii gupta..aaa...) 

Khushi recalled what a lame excuse she had made. 

Khushi quickly tried to escape saying: humne aisa kuch nehi..(I never did that..) 

But he spun her around and she landed in his arms. 

Arnav blew some air on her face to remove the hair strands off her face seductively making her heart go crazy. 

Khushi struggled to free herself from his grip, but he held her close and asked in a husky voice: to tumne sach mein aisa kuch nehi kiya tha...(So you really didn't do something like that..) 

Khushi: ne...nehi...(No..no) 

Arnav closed his lips further and said: are you sure.... 

Khushi nodded her head closing her eyes unable to look into his intense romantic eyes.
Arnav suppressed a smile and picked up a jalebi from the plate and touched it on her lips. At first she shivered thinking it was arnav's lips touching her. Arnav just held back his laughter at her reaction. Then sensing that it was something else she opened her eyes and saw arnav holding the jalebi infront of her mouth and as she looked at him he bursted out laughing. Khushi got extremely annoyed with him for this prank. She left him and stormed back to the room. 

After a while arnav went back to the room to check on her. Khushi was sitting on the room with an angry face. She was angry and embarrassed at the same time. Arnav went and said beside her and said: kya hua khushi? Sab thik hai na?(What happened khushi? Is everything fine?)
Khushi didn't reply, just stood up to tried to walk away. 

Arnav held her hand. 

Khushi angrily said: hamara hath chhoriye...humey aapse koi baat nehi karni..(Leave my hand..I don't want to talk to you) 

Arnav walked up and lifted her in his arms. 

Khushi: yeh kya kar rahe hai aap..neechey rakkhiye humey..dekhiye is waqt hum aapse bilkul baat nehi karna chahtey..(What are you doing...put me down...I don't want to talk to you..)
He made her sit on the bed and kneeled down infront of her and kept her left feet on his knees.
Khushi was taken aback. 

Khushi: yeh yeh aap..(What are you..) 

Arnav looked at her and then took out her anklet. She was surprised to the core. 

Khushi: ye...yeh aapke pass ka..kaise...(How did you get that..) 

Arnav recalled how she had left it on the platform, the day she left for lucknow. He smiled and without answering started to put it on her feet. 

Khushi got a flashback of the diwali night when he did the same. But suddenly recalling the incident after that she stood up and turned around. Arnav also stood up and turned her towards him. Her eyes were glistening with tears recalling the past. Arnav looked straight into her eyes and stepped forward and she stepped back till she hit the wall. 

He slowly cupped her face and kissed on her eyes to wipe the tears. 

Then bent his face and touched her lips with his, kissed her gently at first and then losing the count of time deepened it. He kissed her like there was no tomorrow and she lived like there was only this moment and nothing else. 

They broke apart after ages. Arnav kept cupping her face and said: us raat jo main pura nehi kar saka..woh maine ab pura kar diya...tumse maine jo bhi kaha tha, woh sirf isliye kyunki main khud darta tha tumse aapni dil ki baat kehene se...I am sorry khushi...(What I couldn't complete that night..I have completed now...whatever I said to that night was because I was scared to confess my feelings to you..I am sorry khushi..) 

Khushi threw herself in his arms and said: nehi arnavji..aapko maafi mangne ki koi zarurat nehi hai..kyunki hum jantey hai...(No arnavji..you don't have to apologise..because I know..)
She touched his cheeks and continued: aap humse bohot pyaar kartey hai..tab bhi aur ab abhi...(That you love me..then and now..) 

Tears were rolling down her eyes as emotions ruled high. 

Arnav said to lift her mood: khushi..har baat pe rona zaruri hai?(Do you have to cry in everything) 

Khushi looked at him confused. 

Arnav: lagta hai mujhe hi kuch karna parega taaki yeh aasu humey barbar disturb na karey(I guess I have to do something so that these tears don't disturb me) 

Before khushi could say something, arnav naughtily bent again towards her lips. Khushi blushed deeply and pushed him away and took few steps forward. Her breathing was heavy and her heart was throbbing like crazy. Arnav smiled and stepped forward and put one arm around her waist and kissed her on the cheek. She immediately covered her face with her palm turned around and hid her face in his chest. Arnav was absolutely amused at this kiddish move from khushi. She looked so cute when she blushed and given a choice arnav would sit and watch her like this. He smiled a lopsided smile and hugged her. 

Arnav slowly stroked her hair and teased her: kaha tha na...sharmane ke bohot saarey mauke milenge...(I had said you will have many such opportunities to blush..) 

Waise aj saari raat aise hi bitane ka irada hai kya?(By the way do you want to spend the whole night like this?) 

Khushi quickly broke the hug and said: ne..nehi woh hum..(No...I ..) 

Arnav didn't wait for her to answer. He picked her up in his arms. Khushi was extremely nervous and absolutely unsure of his moves. 

He placed her on the bed. Khushi wanted to say something, her cheeks were bright red in anticipation of the unknown. Arnav placed his fingers on her lips and said: shhh...bohot raat ho gayi hai ab chupchap so jao..ohkay??(Shh..its too late..sleep...ohkay) 

He slowly covered her eyes with his hand and switched off the lights. Then as we was about to get up from the bed, khushi held his hand and made a baby face and nodded her head saying no. 

Arnav smiled, sat back and kept his hand on her forehead and said: I am right here khushi....main janta hoon tumhe andherey se darr lagta hai..akele sone mein darr lagta hai(I am right here khushi..I know you are scared of the dark..you are scared to sleep alone) 

Khushi placed her cheeks on his palm, smiled and said: ab humey kisi baat ki koi darr nehi.. (Not anymore)And slept off 

Arnav stared at her for a while and said: pagal!(Crazy!) 

He then slowly lied down beside her taking care not to remove his hand. He then kissed her on the forehead and gradually slept off. 

A love so silent yet so intense, ruled the moment.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें