Part 27

It was very early in the morning. Garima and madhumati had fallen asleep sitting on the chair, when they heard a noise. They looked up and saw khushi coming out of the room with a bag in her hand. 

Buaji: titaliya..ee subah subah tum kaha jaie raahi ho.(Where are you going so early in the morning?) 

Garima looked worried: bitiya..kaa hua..humkaa batao(what happened..tell me..) 

Khushi's eyes were all puffed as a result of crying all through the night. 

Khushi: amma, buaji hum lucknow jaa rahe hai(I am going to lucknow) 

Buaji: lucknow!! Kaaahey?? Titaliya tum aisan hum sabko chhor ke mat jaiyo..(Lucknow!!why?? Please don't go) 

Garima: haan bitiya..mat jao na..(Don't go na) 

Khushi: amma..humey jaaney dijiye...hum yahaan nehi rehena chahtey..yeh shaher aur iski yaadein humey jeene nehi degi...nehi degi humey jeene (let me go..I don't want to stay here..this city and its memories won't let me be) 

She cried out and garima hugged her. 

Garima cried as well and said: bitiya hum tohrey bina kaise rahenge.. (How will I live without you?) 

She broke the hug and wiped garima's tear and said: amma hamari wajah se aapko aapni beti ko vidaa karne ka mauka nehi mila tha..samajh lijiye devi maaiya ne aapko wohi mauka diya hai...humey vida karne ka..(You didn't get a chance to do my 'vidaai' during the wedding, so maybe God has given you the chance to do it now)

Buaji also started crying. Khushi walked upto her and said: mat roiye buaji..aap log aisa karenge to hum jaa nehi payenge...aur agar hum nehi gaye to jee nehi payenge (don't cry buaji..if you all do like this then I won't be able to go..and if I don't go I won't be able to live here) 

Buaji and garima couldn't say anything after that. Khushi touched their feet and set out for the station. 

Everyone in the raizada house was seated in the living area whole night. They had also dozed off while seating. All of them woke up with a jerk hearing the noise of arnav's door opening. They looked up and saw arnav coming out of the room in haste. Their eyes followed him down the stairs. Arnav didn't look at them...he walked straight towards the main door. 

Nani: ruk jaaiye chhotey..aap aise kaha jawat hai...chhotey...(Wait chhotey..where are you going..) 

Arnav didn't listen, nor did he stop. The raizadas heard his car zoom away. 

At gupta house, garima and buaji were shattered after khushi left. They were sitting silently on the chair, when they heard a knock at the door. 

Garima stood up immediately and said: khusii 

She rushed to open the door and got a shock seeing arnav standing infront of her. She slowly turned around as she didn't want to talk to arnav. 

Arnav said: khushi!! Aunty khushi kaha hai??(Khushi!! Aunty where is khushi? 

Garima kept quiet. 

Arnav repeated: aunty please bataiye na khushi kaha hai.. (Aunty please say where is khushi..)He sounded desperate. 

Buaji said angrily: itna sab kuch karne ke baad chayen naahi parah tumka..jo ab firse khusi ke baarein maa puchhat ho..(You didn't have enough by doing these to her that you again want to know her whereabouts) 

Garima tried to stop her saying: jiji..aap..(Jiji..please..) 

Buaji: tum chup rahio garima... Aaj hum ee janke hi rahenge ki inki himmat kaisan hui humri phool jaise bachchi ke sang ee sab karneki..(You keep quiet...I want to know how dare he did all such things to our daughter) 

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें