Part 14

Khushi couldn't believe what happened. She stood there speechless.

Arnav said this and turned his face away. Khushi slowly lifted her trembling hands to her forehead and touched it and then held her hand infront of her eyes and looked at the red colour. The tears knew no bounds today, they kept on falling. Her whole body was shaking in shock. She just managed to say: yeh aapne..!! (what did you?)

Reality dawned on arnav as well. He turned around, looked at her only to realise he had just married her. He looked at the red colour on her forehead and said: maine wohi kiya jo mujhe thik laga..(I did whatever I thought was right)

Khushi gathered all her strength and held his shirt and screamed: aap jantey bhi hai aapne kya kiya..aapne hamari mang mein sindoor bhara hai..aapko pata bhi hai iska kya matlab hota hai (do you even know what you did ....ypu put sindoor on me...do you know that means?)

Arnav lost his temper and said: tum aapni zindagi barbaad karne chali thi..with that...(you were going to make your life a mess with that..)

Khushi: hamari zindagi hai, hum uske sath jo marzi karey...lekin aapne ..aapne kya kiya..kaunsa abaad kiya hamari zindagi (its my life I will do whatever I want to..but you..what did you do..how have you made my life better)

Arnav: khushi itni si baat ke liye itna bara drama karne ki koi zarurat nehi hai, waise bhi tumhe bohot shauq hai na aapni zindagi barbaad karne ka...to samjho wohi hua hai..ab chalo mere sath (you don't have to do so much of a drama for this..anyways you were about to ruin your life..so now think that's what has happened..now come with me)

Arnav also didn't know why he said those words but that was probably the only way to shut her up because he had no answers to her questions.

Khushi was dumbfounded. She couldn't believe she was hearing all these. A man who just married her seconds ago was saying it was not a big deal. She kept looking at him from behind as he held her hand and took her to his car.

Nobody spoke a single word. Both their worlds had turned upside down in matter of seconds. The car pulled up at shantivan. Arnav got down. He walked few steps and realised khushi was not behind. He turned around to see khushi blankly staring at the house with tears falling from her eyes. He went upto her and opened the door and held her hand again to bring her out of their car. Khushi was unable to think or react. She was just doing whatever arnav was making her do. Arnav rang the doorbell.

Mami: hariparkash..hariparkash..dekho to kaun hai.. Not getting an answer she said: helo hi bye bye kaha mar gaya hariparkash..sab kaam humko hi karna parta hai ee gharma..(where is hariprakash...I have to do everything in this house)

She opened the door and her mouth opened in shock looking at arnav and khushi. She looked at khushi's forehead, then at arnav's face.

Nani asked: kaun hai manorama (who is it?)

Mami: bohutiii darawna dreamwa sasuma!!(a very scary dream)

Arnav held khushi's hand and stepped in. Nani, anjali , mami, mama, aakash- everyone was shocked to see them like that.

Nani: ee sab kaa hai chhotey? Aap aur khushi bitiya aisan..(what is this? you and khushi like this..)

Khushi was crying. Arnav said without any expression on his face: nani humne shaadi ki hai..(we have got married)

Nani was shocked: kya!! (what)

Mami: hello hi bye bye ek ticketwa mein two two entriezz in raizada houzz (two entries in one ticket in raizada house)

Arnav started heading towards his room.

Nani was furious: ruk jaaiye chhotey..ee kaa maazak hai (wait..what kind of a joke is this)

Arnav: nani yeh mazak nehi hai (this is not a joke)

Anjali walked upto khushi and said: khushiji yeh sab kya hai? Aap dono iss tarah..(what is this..you both like this)

Khushi couldn't speak a single word as she herself was confused herself. She hugged anjali and broke down in tears.

Anjali was worried.

Nani questioned arnav again: chhotey aap humey bataiye ki ee sab kaa ho raha hai (you tell us what is happening)

Arnav: nani aap aur di chahti thi na ki main khushi se shaadi karu..to karli..whats the big deal (you and di wanted me to get married to khushi so I have married her...whats the big deal)

Anjali: chhotey!! Yeh koi tarika nehi hota hai shaadi karne ka...aur khushiji ki to shaadi taaiyer ho gayi..do din mein shaadi hai aur tum.. (this is no way to get married...and her marriage is fixed and it is in two days..and you...)

Arnav was furious. He screamed angrily: di khushi is not marrying that man..... khushi ki shaadi mujhse ho chuki hai and she is my wife...mujhe is baarey mein aur kuch discuss nehi karna hai..(she is not marrying that man...she is my wife...I don't want to discuss anything anymore)

Anjali: chhotey tumhe hamari kasam..humey batao ki kya baat hai.. (you have to tell us)

Arnav told everyone what rajiv did and to save her he married her. Nani and anjali calmed down a bit.

Nani said: chhotey humey khushiya bitiya se kono apatti nehi hai, lekin iss shaadi ko hum kaise man le..sirf mang mein sindoor bharne se shaadi nehi howat hai...aapko khushi bitiya ke sath puri rasmon riwazon ke sath yeh shaadi karni hogi (we have no problems with her..but how do we accept this marriage...marriage is not just putting sindoor on her forehead..you have to follow all the rituals and marry her)

Arnav argued: nani aap janti hai main in rasmon riwazon ke baarey mein kya sochta hoon...main inhe nehi manta..i just know that khushi is my wife..(you know what I think about these rituals..i have no regards for them..i just know she is my wife)

Anjali: manna parega chhotey...tumhe khushiji se thik se shaadi karni paregi (you have to..you have to marry her properly)

The guptas were called for. Buaji, shashi and garima came. They were shocked to see khushi like that.

Garima shook khushi and said: itna bara kadam uthane se pehele ek bar bhi tumhe hamara khayal nehi aaya..agar woh ladka thik nehi tha to tum humse keheti..(you didn't even think about us once before doing this)

Khushi remained silent. She was a mute spectator in the whole thing.

Buaji held her hand and dragged her and said: abhi isi waqat ghar chalo (come with us right now)

Nani said: naahi madhumatiji...ruk jaiye..bachho ne jo bhi galti ki usko hum baro ko hi sudharna hoga...hum mane yaa na mane ee baat sach hai ki chhotey ne khushi bitiya ki mang mein sindoor bhara hai jo undono ko ek bandhan mein bandhta hai...humey is bandhan ko todne ke jagah isey aur mazbut banana chahiye...khushi bitiya aur chhotey ki shaadi payal bitiya aur aakash ke sath hogi (no...whatever they did we have to rectify it..we accept it or not he has put sindoor on her forehead which makes her his wife...instead of breaking this relationship we have to make this stronger...they will get married on the same day as aakash and payal)

After a lot of argument arnav said: ok fine..agar aap sabki yehi marzi hai to yehi hoga.(if this is what you all think then its fine)

Khushi remained silent and just kept on crying. The guptas were about to leave. Buaji looked angrily at khushi and said: ab chalo (come now)

Nani: madhumatiji..bitiiya ki shaadi hui hai..agar aap unhe iss haal maa apne sath ghar le jayenge to log tarah tarah ke saawal poochenge..agar aapki apatti na ho to woh yahaan shantivan mein rahe sakti hai..anjali bitiya ke sath..waisan bhi parson shaadi hai..tab tak khushi bitiya yehi rahe sakti hai..(she got married sometime back..if you take her home like this people will ask a lot of questions..if you all agree she can stay here at shantivan with anjali..the wedding will be day after tomorrow so she can stay here till then)

Buaji agreed and folded her hands saying: aapka bohot bohot dhanyavaad (thank u so much)

The guptas went away.