Part 38

Arnav woke up and looked through the window; it was morning, the rain had stopped and the sky was clear blue. He looked at khushi sleeping snuggling into him and recalled last night. He smiled and while holding khushi with one hand, he kept stroking her head with his other hand holding her head close to his chest. He looked at his watch and saw that it was getting late and they had to return to sheesh mahal and then return to delhi that day itself. He slowly tried to move khushi's hands and get up but she snuggled further into him. He then said softly: khushi...
Khushi mumbled in her sleep: mmm.. 

Arnav: khushi get up..we r getting late 

Khushi: mmm... 

Arnav smiled, cuppped her face and kissed her on her eyelids . khushi opened her eyes and looked at him smiling at her. Immediately she became conscious of their state and tried to hide herself from his gaze. Her inhibitions were still there and the broad daylight actually worsened the situation for her. Looking at khushi arnav could well understand what she was thinking.

He puller her nearer and then he himself hid her in his arms and said huskily: ab thik hai? (is it fine now?) 

Khushi smiled. After a while they came back to sheesh mahal and soon after they started for delhi. 

They reached shantivan in the evening. Seeing them mami said: hello hi bye bye..the honeymoon returnzz 

Nani smiled and said: kaisi hai aap bitiya..aur kaisa laga lucknow jaaike?(how are you? And how was your trip?) 

Khushi: nani hum bohot khush hai... She held payal and said: tumhe pata hai jiji hum woh saari jagaho pe gaye jaha hum bachpan mein jaya kartey they.. humne kabhi socha nehi tha ki humey lucknow mein itni saari khushiya milegi (I am very happy nani...you know jiji I have been to all those places where we used to go together..i never thought I will get so much of happiness in lucknow) 

Mami: helo hi bye bye aisan kya karat rahi ki happinezz ke maarey fly karat ho..(what have you done in lucknow that you are so happy?) 

Khushi blushed. Arnav looked a little uncomfortable. Anjali looked at both of them and said teasingly: arey wah yeh to bohot hi achhi baat hai..waise chhotey tum to kisi project ke liye gaye they na...to woh project ka kaam hua... she giggled (that is very nice...by the way you went for a project right... how was your work?) 

Arnav got embarrassed and said: di main aapne kamrey mein jaa raha hoon...I am tired (di I am going to my rooom...I am tired)

Mami: hello hi bye bye anjali bitiya...dono ka facewa dekh ke pata chal raha hi kaunse project mein biji rahe dono...(look at their faces and you would get to know what was the project all about) 

Anjali laughed: mami aap bhi... 

After dinner, khushi was in the kitchen when arnav came making an excuse to drink water. As khushi handed over the glass of water to him, he held the glass along with her hand and drank. Both were lost in each other's eyes when akash, anjali and payal came. 

Seeing them like that, the three exchanged looks and smiled. 

Anjali raised her voice and said: aakash tum kya kahey rahe they lucknow ke project ke baarey mein? (aakash what were you saying about the project?)

Hearing their voice arnav and khushi moved apart. 

Aakash: haan di aapko pata hai maine aman se poocha tha lekin usne bola ki bhai ne to bohot pehele woh lucknow wali deal cancel kardi thi (yes di you know I had asked aman but he told me that bhai had canceled the lucknow deal long time back)