Part 29

Arnav left for office after a while. Payal and akash came back from London in the afternoon and went straight to gupta house after learning about shashi's health. 

Payal relaxed a bit after learning that her father was fine now. khushi and payal decided that they would stay at gupta house that night and go back next morning. 

It was early morning when khushi woke up. Like every other year, she woke up with tears in her eyes. For the last fifteen years this day has always haunted her. She sat on the bed wiping her silent tears when she felt a soft touch on her shoulders. She turned to see payal sitting on the bed. Seeing her sister cry payal couldn't control her tears. She hugged her tightly and said: khushi... Aise rotey nehi hai..hum jantey hai aj ka din tumhe hamesha taklif deti hai...lekin hum sab hai na tumhare sath...(khushi..dont cry..i know this day haunts you...but we are there with you) 

Khushi cried: hum jantey hai jiji lekin us raat ka hadsaa hum bhool nehi patey...accident mein jab ma babuji ki maut hui...(I know jiji...but I can't forget that night...when mom and died in that accident...) 

Her voice cracked and she couldn't speak any further. 

Payal hugged her sister again and said: bas bas...aap jaldi se taaiyar ho ja..humey shantivan wapas bhi to jana hai...aur jaatey waqt mandir hotey huye chalenge..thik hai? (no more crying..get ready we have to go to shantivan... and while going back we will visit the temple) 

Khushi nodded her head. Payal came out and saw her mother and buaji sitting. 

Garima looked concerned as she asked: bitiya..khusi... 

Payal: amma ro rahi thi..lekin aap fikar mat kijiye hum hai na..(she was crying...don't worry I am there with her) 

Khushi came out after a while, her eyes red because of the tears. As soon as she saw garima she ran to her and started crying again by hugging her. 

Garima stroked her back and said: khusii..aise rotey nehi...hum hai na tumri amma... aur tum to humri bahadur bitiyaa ho..hai na? (don't cry...I am there na your mom..and you are my brave child) 

She consoled khushi like a little kid. 

After a while payal said: amma hum chaltey hai..chalo khushi. (we should leave now..come khushi) 

At raizada house, arnav and aakash went to office earlier than usual as they had a meeting with a client. Arnav was busy preparing the presentation all night and didn't get a chance to
speak to khushi even once. He was not aware of the fact that it was khushi's parents death anniversary. 

After visiting the temple, payal and khushi came back to raizada house. Khushi kept very quiet whole day. The family members tried to cheer her up all through the day. Aakash came back just before dinner. 

Seeing him anjali asked: aakash chhotey kaha hai? (where is chhotey?) 

Aakash: di bhai abhi bhi client ke sath hai..kaaha hai ki woh dinner karke ayenge(he is still with the client..he has said that he will have dinner with him) 

After dinner khushi went back to her room. She went and stood by the window and looked at the sky. The sky was covered with dark clouds and she felt sad unable to see the stars which she always considered to be her parents. Soon it started raining heavily with thunder and lightning. Khushi got very scared as the night resembled the night when she lost her parents. Ever since that day khushi has been always scared of thunderstorms. She shivered each time she heard the thunder strike. She got very worried as arnav was not home yet and it was raining even heavier now. Khushi tried calling arnav but his phone was on voicemail. She sat on the floor on one corner of the room, crying her heart out. The night when her parents met with an accident flashed before her eyes. She prayed to god: devi maaiya arnavjia ki raksha karna..devi maaiya arnavji ki raksha karna... She kept on murmuring and fell unconscious on the floor.(god please protect him..god please protect him) 

Arnav on the other hand was returning after dinner with the client, when the heavy downpour started. He had to stop in between as it was getting impossible to drive in that weather. Finally he managed to reach home. It was already very late. While going towards his room he met anjali at the stairs. 

Anjali said: chhotey tum aa gaye? Bohot der ho gayi..(you came? Its very late) 

Arnav: haan di baarish ki wajah se zyada late ho gaya (yeah I got late because of the rain) 

Anjali: koi baat nehi, jaldi se jaakey so jao..khushiji bhi thak gayi ho gayi..waise bhi aj sara din itna royi..bohot udaas hai..tum bhi nehi they...(ok go and sleep now..khushi also must be very tired..she cried so much..was very upset...you were not there) 

Arnav got worried: khushi..royi? Kya hua di..??is khushi alright? (khushi cried? what happened di?) 

Anjali: woh aj unke maa babuji ki barsi thi na isliye (actually today was her parents death anniversary) 

Arnav felt miserable. He was not with her on the day she needed him the most. He couldn't even call her once the entire day 

He rushed to his room and what he saw scared him to the core. Khushi was lying on the floor senseless. He ran towards her and picked her up in his lap and then patted her cheeks: khushi khushi!!! Kya hua..khushi..ankhein kholo (khushi..khushi...open your eyes..khushi) 

She didn't respond. Panic stricken arnav reached out for the jug on the bed side table and sprinkled water on her and kept on calling..khushi khushi. After few minutes she came back to senses. She saw arnav and just managed to say: ar...navji... 

Arnav: haan khushi...kya hua tumhe?? Are you okay??(khushi..what happened to you...) 

She cupped his face and said: kaha chaley gaye they aap..humey laga ki humne aapko kho diya...(where did you go...I thought I lost you) 

Arnav hugged her tightly and said: khushi..main yahaan hoon bilkul tumharey pass...(I am here with you) 

She touched his face constantly to feel his presence. Arnav took her hand and kissed it. Even arnav had tears in his eyes seeing her like that, he could well understand what she had gone through and instead of being with her he gave her so much stress. 

He made her lie down on the bed, quickly changed his clothes and lay down beside her. He stroked her hair and caressed her face till she slept. Once she was asleep he looked at her. She looked so pale; the whole day's stress was visible on her face. 

A lone tear escaped arnav's eyes as he felt her pain in his heart. He held her hand, closed his eyes and said: I am sorry khushi..I am very sorry. 

The entire night arnav didn't even close his eyes once. He just kept looking at her. Whenever khushi moved even a little in her sleep he held her hand tighter, caressed her face so that she felt secured but even after addressing her unsaid little needs all through the night he couldn't forgive himself for giving her this pain even though it was unintentional.