Part 92

It was a Sunday morning. Arnav and Akash were having some business discussions, when payal came running and said: arnavji jaldi se gari nikaliye...khushi ko abhi hospital le jaana parega..(take out the car right now..we need to take khushi to the hospital right now)

Arnav turned to aakash and said: aakash jaldi se gari nikal..main khushi ke pass jaata hoon..(aakash get the car..i am going to khushi)

Aakash said: ji bhai and arnav ran upstairs like crazy. (ok bro..)

He said: khushi and ran inside. It was evident from her face that she was in a lot of pain and was she sweating profusely.

Arnav held her hand tightly and wiped the sweat from her forehead and said: khushi ..don't worry... I am there with you..

She just managed to say a feeble: arnavji...

In the meantime aakash said that the car is ready. Arnav carried her down in his arms and rushed her to the hospital in aakash's car. Khushi kept holding on to his hand as tightly as possible even when the doctor was taking her to the operation theatre. Arnav hated to see her in pain, even if that was for a reason. He clenched his fist and looked at her helplessly unable to take her pain away. Khushi was taken inside the operation theatre and the eternal wait started for arnav.

Arnav paced like crazy in the hospital. Anjali and rishab also came to the hospital and joined the guptas and the raizadas.

Arnav said with gritted teeth: what the...yeh doctor itna time kyun laga raha hai damn it (what the...why is this doctor taking so much time)

Anjali laughed out exchanging looks with payal who was giggling as well. She went and placed her hand on his shoulders and said: chhotey shant ho jao..doctor aapna kaam kar rahe hai (be patient ..doctor is doing his job)

Arnav: but di..itni der ho gayi aur..(but di..its too late..)

Just then the doctor came out. Everyone rushed to him. Arnav said in one breath: doctor..khushi kaisi hai..woh thik to...(how is khushi..is she fine..)

More than anything else what mattered to him was khushi's well being. He had seen her in so much pain moments ago.

The doctor smiled and said: relax Mr. Raizada...Mrs. Raizada is fine...and congratulations aapko beta hua hai! (Mr. Raizada...Mrs.Raizada is fine and congratulations she has given birth to a baby boy)

And arnav's happiness knew no bounds. He said: thank you doctor.

His eyes were filled with tears. He turned towards anjali and said: di..

Anjali reciprocated with a smile and said: haan chhotey... Suna humne..tum papa ban gaye...(yes chhotey...I heard...you are a father now)

She hugged him. Her eyes also had tears.

Arnav went inside while the others waited outside.

Khushi was lying down on the bed with a smile. But she looked tired, very tired.

Arnav walked upto her and ran his hand through her hair and then kissed her forehead. Then said: tum thik ho? (are you alright?)

Khushi smiled and half closed her eyes indicating him that she was fine.

He picked up her hand and kissed her palm passionately to express his happiness. Then said: thank you khushi...thank you so much...

Just then the nurse entered with a tiny little boy wrapped in a white towel. Arnav helped khushi half sit up and the nurse handed over the baby to her. Khushi couldn't believe she was holding her son. The dream was now a reality. Tears rolled down her eyes. It was a different feeling all together. She kept on looking at the baby without even blinking once.