Part 16

After a while payal and the guptas came. Khushi's mother and buaji was very angry with her. Payal walked upto anjali and said: di khushi kaha hai..humey ussey milna hai (where is khushi..i want to see her)

Anjali pointed towards the room and said: waha hai (she is there)

Payal went inside and saw khushi standing near the window. Even from a distance she could understand that her sister was crying.

Payal touched her shoulder and said: khushi..

Khushi turned around saw payal and said: jij!! And started weeping: jiji pata nehi yeh sab kya ho gaya...amma, buaji sab humse bohot naraaz hai..jiji hamara yakin karo hum aisa kuch karna nehi chahtey they... She said everything in one breath (don't know how this happened..everyone is angry with me..trust me...I never wanted to do something like this)

Payal though had tears in her own eyes wiped khushi's tears and hugged her again and said: khushi hum aapni behen ko bohot achhi tarah se jaantey hai..woh kabhi kuch galat kar hi nehi sakti (I know my sister..she can never do something wrong)

Khushi looked at her: lekin jiji..amma..buaji..

Payal: khushi tu chinta mat kar..hum sab sambhalenge..sab thik ho jayega...(you don't worry I will manage everything...everything will be fine)

Waise ek tarah se achhe hi hua ki rajiv se shaadi se pehele sab kuch samne aa gaya, arnavji agar waha nehi pohochtey to... Khair jaaney de ab jaake muh dho ke aa..nichey haldi rasam bas shuru honewali hai

Khushi went into the washroom.(it is good one way that we got to know the truth before marriage...if arnavji didn't reach on time god knows what would have happened..anyways get ready and come down)

After a while the haldi ceremony started. Aakash and arnav's haldi took place first. While aakash was all smiles enjoying the event, arnav was forced for the same. Just for the sake of the cermony, anjali applied a little bit of haldi on him. As aakash and arnav left, khushi and payal were brought down for their ceremony. Khushi forced a smile on her face for the sake of everyone out there. She looked at her mother and buaji and could make out that they were still very angry with her. Though they performed the ritual they didn't look at her face even once. Khushi kept looking at them; the sadness evident in her eyes. Payal followed khushi's gaze and understood. She kept her hand over khushi's hand and assured her that things will be fine.

After the ceremony, payal held khushi's hand and took her to her mother and buaji.

Payal: amma, buaji

Buaji ignored khushi and told payal: kaa hai bitiya (what is it?)

Payal: jo kuch bhi hua us mein khushiki koi galti nehi hai...(whatever happened was not her fault)

Buaji: galti nehi haai..arey nandkisore shaadi koi mazak hai kya..arnav babua ne kaha aur parameswari ne manli..ee to kono baat naahi hui (not her fault..is this is a joke..he said and she went and married him..this is not the way)

Payal: buaji us waqt halath hi kuch aise they..aaplog yeh kyun nehi soch rahe hai ki arnavji ne khushiki zindagi barbaad hone se bachai...(the situation was like that...why are you not thinking that arnavji actually saved her life)

She turned garima towards khushi who was crying and said: amma dekhiye iski taraf...ro ro ke kya haal hua hai iska...(look at her..see her condition)

She said to buaji: buaji khushi ne kabhi bhi aap logo ko dukh pohochana nehi chaha..(she never wanted to hurt you all)

Khushi folded her hands and said: amma, buaji humey maaf kar dijiye! (please forgive me)

Garima and buaji started crying as well as they hugged her.

Garima: nehi bitiya..payalia bilkul sahi kahey rahi hai..(no..payal is right)

Buaji: haan titiliya tumkaa maafi magne ki kono jarurat naahi hai...(you don't have to ask for forgiveness)

She hugged her again.

Payal smiled and left the three of them and went out of the room when she met arnav, who heard everything from outside.

Arnav said: payal

Payal: ji arnavji

Arnav: thanks

Payal smiled and said: koi baat nehi arnavji.. Then looked at the room and said: bas woh khushi udaas thi to..(she was upset so...)

Arnav: I know.. thanks once again

Payal had started to go but suddenly stopped and said: arnavji..kya hum aapse kuch kahey saktey hai? (can I tell you something?)

Arnav: yeah sure tell me

Payal: khushi ko is waqt aapke sath ki bohot zarurat hai..uska khayal rakhna (she needs you now..please take care of her)

Arnav slowly nodded his head in agreement.

The raizada family assembled for dinner after the guptas left with payal. Anjali called khushi and asked her to have dinner with everyone. Arnav came down after a while. He saw khushi sitting at the dining table and stopped for a while and looked at her. Khushi also looked up but the situation was so awkward for them that both looked away. He sat on the opposite side of khushi.

Mami looked at them and said: hello hi bye bye pharst time bride aur broom ko marriagewa ke pehele lasht nightzz sath maa dinner kartey huye dekhat rahe!!(first time I am seeing the bride and groom having dinner together before their wedding day)

Nani rolled her eyes and said: manorama!

Mami: woh sasuma hamra matbal tha ki ee jo humrey arnav bitwa haai uh ka istylzz ekdam differentzz hai.. Isiliye final match khelne se pehele match peractice kiye rahe mandir maa..(no his style is different...he actually did a match practice at the temple before the final day)

With mami's statement the situation became even more awkward for arnav and khushi

Anjali and aakash looked and each other and suppressed a smile. Anjali said: waise chhotey..thank you

Arnav looked up and said: for what?

Anjali lifted khushi's face and said: hamarey liye itni pyaari bhabi laaney ke liye (for giving me a sister-in-law like her)

Arnav looked at khushi and they had an eyelock.

Mami looked and them and said to mamaji: helo hi bye bye..aap to kabhi humri butiful eyezz maa aise nahi dekhat ho (you never look into my eyes like this)

Creating another embarrassing situation for arnav and khushi. They quickly broke the eye contact.

Arnav said: di main aapne kamrey mein jaa raha hoon.(I am going to my room)

And then looked at khushi once.

Anjali looked at both and teased arnav: good night chhotey...waise aj aakhri bar akele so lo..kal se koi aur bhi hoga us kamrey mein (good night...last day when you are sleeping alone..from tomorrow there will be someone else with you)

Mami: lonely roomwa ko bye bye bolke room mate ko helo hi bolne ka pari.

Everyone laughed while arnav shot another glance at khushi.