Part 84

Arnav : what the...

Khushi was sitting beside payal and was watching arnav from the corner of her eyes. Arnav got very irritated as she went and sat elsewhere. He got up from his place.

Anjali noticed the same and said: kya hua chhotey?tum kaha jaa rahe ho? (what happened chhotey? Where are you going?)

Arnav said angrily: di mujhe ek conference call ke liye jana hai (di I am going for a conference call)

Anjali: par chhotey..(but chhotey..)

He didn't answer but headed towards his room. Khushi made a face.

Anjali nodded her head and said: yeh chhotey bhi na...(this chhotey is na)

The puja was over but arnav was still in his room.

Anjali: chhotey to ab tak neechey nehi aaye...khushiji kya aap chhotey ko bula dengi please..(he has not come down as yet..can you please call him)

Khushi: ji di..(ok di)

She headed towards her room muttering: yeh laad governor bhi na...pata nehi kya samajhta hai aapne aap ko...gussa to jaise naak pe baitha ho.. arey aise koi puja chhor ke aata hai..(what does he think of himself...his anger is always at the tip of his nose..how can he leave the puja and come)

She opened the door and saw arnav working on his laptop. He was pressing the keys hard in anger.

Khushi said: gussa dekh ke lagta hai aaj inke hatho ek katal zarur hoga...yaa to laptop ka yaa fir hamara...hey devi maaiya raksha karna (looking at his anger I am very sure someone will be murdered today...either the laptop or me)

Arnav heard it but didn't react. He pretended to be busy with his laptop.

Khushi went infront of him and cleared her throat to grab attention: ahem ahem...

He still didn't look at her.

She cleared her throat a little louder. When he still didn't look at her. Khushi thought: achha hum bhi dekhtey hai kab tak aise baat kiye bina rehetey hai (I will also see how long can he not talk to me)

She looked here and there and screamed infront of his ears: aaj mausam hai suhana..gussa karne ka hai bahana...what the what the what the...

Arnav was taken aback by this sudden scream by khushi and her self written song. He stood up and said; what the... kya kar rahi ho tum yahaan... aur yeh (gritted his teeth)..yeh kya ajeeb gaana gaa rahi ho? (what are you doing here...and what is this strange song that you are singing)

Khushi smiled and clapped her hand and said to irritate him more: aapko achha laga? Humey pata tha aapko achha lagega... firse gaaye.... Aaj mausam hai....(you liked it? I knew you would like it? Shall I sing again?)

Arnav covered her mouth with his palm and said: shut up!! Tumhe samajh mein nehi aata that...I am not talking to you damn it! (don't you understand that I am not talking to you damn it!)

Khushi: mmm...mmm...

Arnav said angrily: WHAAT!!

Khushi showed her covered mouth with her eyes. Arnav removed his palm.

Khushi said with a smile: kisne kaha ki aap humse baat nehi kar rahe hai...abhi abhi aapne humse itni saari baatein to ki...(who said you are not talking to me..just now you said so many things to me)

Arnav realized that she had fooled him into talking. He turned around. Khushi stepped forward and hugged him from the back resting her head on his back and said: hum jantey hai arnavji...ki aap humse naraaz hai...aap to jantey hai na hum kabhi bhi kuch bhi kartey hai..thode se sanki hai hum...thode nehi purey...(I know that you are angry with me..you know na that I don't realize what I do...I am a little crazy....actually full crazy)

Arnav was smiling, which she couldn't see. He was enjoying the way she was talking. He wanted to hear more of this, so he wasn't reacting.

Khushi continued: pata nehi hum hamesha aise ajeeb ajeeb kand kaise kar letey hai... buaji sahi keheti hai bilkul sankadevi hai hum.... Humey maaf kar dijiye arnavji...(don't know how I end up doing all crazy things...buaji is right..i am completely crazy)

Arnav could feel the sadness in his voice and he immediately turned around. She was upset and he didn't want to joke with her any further.

Arnav looked at her. She had her head hung down and said: humey maaf kar dijiye arnavji....hum aapne aapko badalne ki puri koshish karenge...humse jo bhi galtiyan..(forgive me arnavji.. I will try and change myself...whatever mistakes I have done..)

Arnav quickly nodded her head in disagreement and put his finger on her lips and said: shhh....

She looked up and he could see her eyes filled with tears. He quickly hugged her and stroked her hair saying: tumhe maafi mangne ki aur aapne aapko badalne ki koi zarurat nehi hai...main to bas tumharey sath mazak kar kar raha tha...(you don't have to apologise or change yourself..i was just joking)

He broke the hug and cupped her face saying: main nehi chahta ki tum kabhi bhi aapne aap ko badlon.. tum meri khushi ho... asr ki khushi...aur asr ki khushi ko badalne ka haq kisiko nehi hai...(I don't want you to change yourself...and you are my khushi...asr's khushi..and nobody has the right to change that)

He brushed her nose with his fingers and said: tumhe bhi nehi...(not even you)

Khushi smiled through her tears and hugged him tightly. Arnav looked down at his chest once and said: waise tumne kafi achhi self analysis ki...puri sanki...(you have done a good self analysis..totally crazy)

Khushi hit him lightly on his chest. Then broke the hug and said: humne aapki bhi achhi woh kya kehetey hai...haan analysis ki hai..(I have analysed you as well)

Arnav crossed his arms in amusement and said: oh really? Aur woh kya? (oh really? And what is that?)

Khushi: woh yeh ki aap ek ghamandi, baddimag, aakdu insaan..( a proudy, headstrong and stubborn individual)

Arnav frowned and said: WHAAT!!!

Khushi: ha..aan aap ek ghamandi, baddimag, aakdu insaan.... She took few steps away from him, paused and said: dikhtey zarur hai lekin hai nehi... (a proudy, headstrong and stubborn individual..that is something you look like...but actually you are not)

And started running. Arnav got over from the initial shock and chased her. He tried to pull her hand and in the process both fell on the bed. Arnav fell on top of khushi. After the initial few seconds on their fall, arnav's eyes fell on khushi. Her face was covered with hair strands falling all over the place. He blew air from his mouth and removed them and now he could see those beautiful eyes clearly. Those eyes clearly conveyed that she still felt shy when he came so near to her and that is what he loved about her. The magical effect that he had on her was always there and he wished to see the reflection of his love in those hazel eyes till his last breath. While he was lost in his own thoughts, khushi also kept looking at him not sure of his moves. Those chocolate brown eyes always told her how beautiful she was and that made her blush everytime.

Arnav said softly: to main...ghamandi hoon..(so I am proudy) (he kissed her on his right cheek)..baddimag hoon(headstrong) (he kissed her on her left cheek) and...aakdu hoon(stubborn) (he kissed her on the forehead)... aur... he closed in to her lips...(and..)

She mischievously said: laad governor... and pushed him and quickly got up from the bed. But arnav was too fast. He held her hand while lying on the bed and pulled her so that she fell

on him now. He tucked her hair strands and said after a brief pause said: so.... Laad governor...

Khushi took a glance at his lips. She didn't realize when her own lips started trembling. Arnav securely wrapped one arm around her waist and slipped the other hand through her hair to pull her closer and kissed her. The synchronized breathing, the heartbeats as always were a witness to the endless love and passion between the two.