Part 32

Arnav kept staring at her. Khushi was laughing uncontrollably. Suddenly he held her hand. Khushi became conscious looking at the surroundings. 

Khushi looked right and left and said: arnavji yeh aap kya kar rahe hai...sab dekh rahe hai..(arnavji ..what are you doing...everyone is looking at us) 

He didn't answer just kept holding her hand with a mischievous look in his eyes 

Khushi: dekhiye arnavji hum mazak kar rahe they..hum..hum bas...(see I was just joking...) 

Arnav smirked and put her hand in his mouth and had the remaining part of the food that was in her hand. Arnav kept holding her hand till he had all that was stuck to her hand; he didn't break eye contact with her while doing this. The mischievous smile made khushi blush to the core. 

Khushi looked down blushing. To tease her further arnav said: khushi... 

Khushi: ji? (yes?) 

Arnav: you were right...khana sach mein kafi tasty tha.. His naughty smirk told khushi that he was actually indicating to the fact that khushi fed him. khushi couldn't meet his eyes. 

Arnav: shall we? 

Khushi followed him to the car. Arnav started driving again and reached lucknow when it was almost around 5pm. They checked to the hotel and as they entered the room khushi said sadly: arnavji 

Arnav looked at her face and said with concern: kya hua khushi? (what happened?) 

Khushi: arnavji...humne to lassi pee hi nehi (we didn't drink lassi) 

Arnav: what the... itna kuch... tum pehele nehi bata sakti thi? (you could have told me before)
Khushi: hum batana to chahtey they lekin aapne hamari bolti bandh kar di (I wanted to but you stopped me) 

Arnav; maine? Maine kya kiya? (me? What did I do?) 

Khushi: haan aap hi ne to hamara hath pakad ke hamarey hath se khana khaney lagey (you only held my hand and started having food) 

Arnav kept a straight face and said: haan to.. (yes so) 

Khushi was frustrated with the fact that he didn't understand what she was trying to say. She said: off ho arnavji..aap kuch nehi samajhtey hai (you don't understand anything) 

Arnav crossed his arms smirked and said: ohkay.....to main kya nehi samajhta (ohkay..so what do I not understand) 

Khushi without looking at him said in one breath: yehi ki jab aap humey dekhtey hai to hamari dhadkaney tez ho jaati hai aur...(that when you look at me my heart starts beating fast and..)
Khushi stopped as her eyes met his. 

Arnav walked upto her lifted her chin and said in a whisper:..aur aisa lagta hai jaise saansey ruk gayi... hai na? (and feels as if you have stopped breathing isn't it?) 

Khushi looked at him. He looked at her, first at her eyes, then at her face and finally at her trembling lips. Arnav again had a brief glance on her face as he cupped her face, as if seeking approval. Khushi knew what was coming and she wanted it as well. She managed to say: ar...na..
Arnav didn't let her speak further as he bent down and claimed her lips. Both had their eyes closed. Arnav didn't know what happened to him; after the initial few seconds of a soft touch on her lips, he kissed her hard. He had waited to do this for a long time now and there was no stopping him today and the response that he got from khushi only made him bolder. They didn't realize how long the kiss lasted, both felt as if they had a lot to make up for and this was the moment where they had to connect with all the emotions-take away each other's pain and shower unconditional love to each other. Khushi clutched his hair tightly and he held her as close as possible to his body. 

After a long time, arnav slowly broke apart, both of them breathing heavily. Khushi opened her eyes slowly and looked at arnav. Without a single word, arnav hugged her tightly and wrapped her in his arms. Khushi hugged him back. A moment they wanted to hold on to forever. Not a single word was exchanged for a long time but they felt that they said it all. Khushi rested her head on his chest while he stroked her hair gently. 

After a while arnav said:khushi..come lets go.. 

Khushi looked at him and said: kahaan? (where?) 

Arnav held her hand and said: come.. 

He took her and made her sit in the car and drove away. 

Khushi: arnavji hum kaha jaa rahe hai? (where are we going?) 

Arnav didn't answer. He reached a particular point and stopped and then brought khushi out of the car. As khushi stepped out of the car she had her mouth open in shock as she looked around. They had pulled up infront of the land that belonged to her parents. 

Khushi was was extremely confused. She looked at arnav and said: arnavji..yeh to... (arnavji..this is...) 

Arnav held her hand and said: I am sorry khushi, I am extremely sorry. 

Khushi tried to speak up but he stopped her by putting a finger on her lips. Arnav: khushi mujhe tumse kuch kehena hai..(khushi I want to say something) 

Khushi kept looking at him and arnav continued: khushi jis din se main tumse mila hoon maine tumhe sirf pareshan kiya hai...har kadam pe tumharey samne mushkil ki khari ki.. (khushi ever since I met you I have troubled you...I have created problems for you at every step) 

Khushi nodded her head to say no. 

Arnav clenched his fist and said: i..i even wanted to... he paused and then said by gritting his teeth: tumhara ghar bhi...(I wanted to... demolish your house) 

His eyes were glistening with tears. 

Arnav: lekin tumne kabhi haar nehi maani..balki tumne aapne parivaar ke liye jo kiya woh shayed hi koi kar paye (but you never gave up..whatever you did for your family not many people can do it) 

Khushi couldn't understand what he was saying till he handed over a paper to her. 

Khushi looked at the papers and said: arnavji..yeh kya hai? (arnavji..what is this?) 

Arnav gestured her to open and read. Khushi opened the papers and she couldn't believe what she was seeing. It was the paper for the land that belonged to her parents and now in her name. Tears started flowing down her eyes as she said: ye..yeh to...iss zameen ke..she couldn't finish the sentence as her voice choked with tears and her hands trembled in disbelief. (this is..for this land) 

Arnav held her hand and said: khushi...main tumharey ma babuji ko to wapas nehi laa sakta...lekin itna ensure kar sakta hoon ki tumse unki yaadein kabhi juda na ho..(khushi... I cant bring your parents back but I can definitely ensure you never have to part with their memories)
Khushi was absolutely touched. Never in her dreams did she think that she would get back the land. But there were still a lot of questions that were unanswered. 

Khushi: lekin arnavji..aapko yeh kaha se mila..hamara matlab aap iske baarein mein kaise jantey hai..humne to isko bech ke..(but how did you get this...I mean how do you know about this...I sold this...) 

Arnav:mujhe paise wapas karne ke liye... I know...lekin tum nehi janti ki jisko tumne yeh becha tha woh main hi tha..yeh alag baat hai ki tab mujhe yeh nehi pata tha..i came to know later on...(to give me my money back...I know..but you don't know that the person you sold it to was me...but it's a different story that I didn't know that then)..i am sorry ki meri wajah se tumhe itna bara kadam uthana para..(I am sorry that you had to take such a step because of me) 

Khushi looked at the land blankly and said: arnavji humey yakin nehi ho raha hai ki hamarey sath yeh sab ho raha hai...humne kabhi sapne mein bhi nehi socha ki humey ekdin yeh aise wapas milega...humey sach mein yakin nehi ho raha hai arnavji...(I cant believe this is happening with me..never in my dreams did I think I will get it back like this..i still cant believe it)
She smiled with tears in her eyes and looked at arnav: aap nehi jantey ki aapne humey kya diya hai.. (you don't know what you gave me) 

Arnav smiled and said: tum nehi janti ki tumne mujhe kya diya hai.. (you don't know what you gave me..) 

Khushi: kya? (what?) 

Arnav smiled and said: khushi!