Part 20

Next morning they all assembled for breakfast, when anjali said: chhotey, aakash..yeh lo (chhotey, akash..take this)

Arnav: di yeh kya hai? (what is this?)

Anjali: chhotey yeh london ke tickets hai..tumharey honeymoon ka..humne sara intezaam kar liya..kal shaam ki flight hai (flight tickets to london..for your honeymoon...I have arranged for everything..the flight is for tomorrow evening)

Mami: helo hi bye bye kal? (tomorrow?)

Anjali: kyun mami..kya hua? (why? What happened?)

Mami: bohutii kam time hai humrey pass yeh two gupta sisterzz from laxminagar ko english shikhaney ke khatir..humne suna hai ki uhaa london maa sweeper bhi english mein baat karat hai..ihliye hindi ko bye bye aur humrey jaisan pharst kelas english to helo hi bolne ka pari (that is very little time for teaching them English..i have heard even the sweepers there speak in English)

Khushi and arnav looked at each other.

Khushi thought: hey devi maaiya ab yeh honeymoon woh bhi iss laad governor ke sath.(now this honeymoon with laad governor)

Arnav: di but...

Anjali: chhotey no excuses.

The entire day khushi kept thinking about this trip. She couldn't figure out how to come out of this trouble now.

In the evening as arnav and aakash came everyone in the family got busy discussing the next day's trip.

Mama looked at mami engrossed in some deep thought and said: manorama kyun aapne chhotey se dimag pe zor daalat ho? Kya soch rahi ho? (what are you thinking?)

Mami: hum soch rahe ki agar ee log honeymoonzz pe london jaai rahe hai, to humra pota poti jo hoga woh bilkul humri tarah englishman banega..helo hi bye bye!! (I was thinking that since they are going to londn for honeymoon my grandchildren will all be English speaking person)

Arnav kept quiet. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw khushi standing at a distance biting her nails.

Khushi went into the kitchen lost in her thoughts and muttering: hey devi maaiya..honeymoon..pota poti...(oh god..honeymoon....grand children)

She accidently dropped some oil on the floor. Unaware of the fact that there was oil on the floor, khushi stepped on it and fell on the ground with a loud thud which everyone heard from outside. They ran to the kitchen and saw khushi on the floor.

Mami: what happeningzz

Arnav ran towards her and said: khushi kya hua? (what happened?)

Khushi tried to get up but couldn't.

Khushi: aaah..humse utha nehi jaa raha hai (I can't get up)

Arnav: relax khushi.. He lifted her up in his arm and carried her to their bedroom and made her lie on the bed. Everyone panicked seeing her feet swollen up. Arnav called for the doctor. Doctor checked and said: moch ayi hai pyer mein.. 4-5 din aaram karengi to bilkul thik ho jayengi (her ankle has twisted..she needs to rest for 4-5 days and she will be fine)

The doctor went away.

Mami: arnav bitwa ab to lagat hai tumrey honeymoon ka bye bye hui gawa...(looks like you have to cancel your honeymoon plan)

Payal: maa ji agar khushi nehi jayegi to hum log bhi nehi jayenge (if khushi doesn't go then we will also not go)

Aakash: yes bhai..payal is right hum log bhi cancel kar detey hai baad mein jayenge (yes we will go later on)

Arnav: oh no aakash payal..you guys carry on..khushi thik ho jaye uske baad we'll go (no no..you guys go.we will go later on)

Khushi: haan jiji jijaji, aap hamari wajah se cancel mat kijiye..humey achha nehi lagega (please don't cancel it because of me...I will feel bad)

Aakash: okay

Payal: lekin tu yahaan...(but you here)

Anjali: aap fikar mat kijiye payalji hum sab hain na (don't worry...we are there na)

The next day payal and aakash left for london.

Khushi was not allowed to even get down from the bed. It was evening and khushi wanted to drink water. She saw the jug was kept at a distance.

Khushi: di ko bulaye? Nehi nehi barbar unhe pareshan karna thik nehi hoga..hum khud hi le lenge..bas halki si moch to hai (should I call di? No I shouldn't disturb her all the time..i will take it myself)

With great difficulty khushi got down from the bed. Then slowly slowly put a step forward. But with the third step she lost her balance and was about to fall. Arnav came back from office and was about to the enter the room when he saw khushi falling down. He ran and held her in his arms. Khushi looked at him. 

Arnav picked her up in his arms and yelled: kisne kaha tha bed se utarne ke liye..damn it kuch ho jaata to...agar wapas chot lag jaati to..when you will learn to be careful DAMN IT! (who asked you to get down from the bed..what if you got hurt again...when will you learn to be careful)

Khushi kept quiet and hung her head down

Arnav got even more furious and said: ab chup kyun ho damn it!! (why are you quiet damn it)

Khushi felt bad as he scolded her. She slowly lifted her face, and looked at him. Her eyes glistened with tears and she said: woh hum... (actually i..)

Arnav's anger changed into concern immediately: khu..khushi...I didn't.. Bas tumhe aise dekha to.. I...(I didn't...because I saw you like this so...)

Then without a single word more, he slowly wiped the two tear drops that trickled down her cheeks.

He then got up from the bed, filled the glass with water and made her drink it.

Words were not exchanged, but eyes spoke volumes. Arnav then made her lie down and said: agar kuch chahiye to mujhe bolna..I am right here.(tell me if you need something I am right here)

Khushi nodded her head in agreement. She kept looking at him as he worked on the laptop. She was touched by his concern.

Khushi recovered after a week. Aakash and payal were in london.

It was midnight. Arnav was lying on the recliner while khushi was on the bed. Arnav's woke up from his sleep all of a sudden and his eyes fell on the bed. Khushi didn't have a blanket on her and was shivering. He got up from the recliner, took the blanket and covered her with it. He then sat by the bedside looking at her face under the moonlight coming through the windows. A drop dead beauty with a childlike innocence was what arnav thought defined her best. He removed the hair strands from her face so that he could see them even more clearly. He touched her cheeks, they were cold. He stroked it softly and then all of a sudden felt even more attracted towards them. He bent down with an intention to kiss them, but stopped midway as khushi gave the most beautiful smile in the world and screamed: jalebi!!!

Arnav quickly got up realising she was dreaming about jalebis and said: pagal! Embarrassed by his own sudden moves, he went back to the recliner and lied down while staring at her. He didn't know when sleep took over gradually. His sleep again broke in the early hours of the morning due to sudden muttering in the room.

He saw khushi sitting on the bed, biting her nails and looking at the blanket saying: yeh yahaan kaise aaya..hum to kal isey nikalna bhul gaye they..fir yeh kaise...hey devi maaiya yahaan koi bhoot to nehi hai na..nehi nehi khushi yeh laad governor ka kamra hai..yahaan bhoot bhi nehi aata... (how did this come here...I forgot to take this out..i hope there isn't a ghost here..no no...this laad governor's room..even ghost's don't come here) Then suddenly it struck her: kahin..yeh laad... And looked at the recliner and saw arnav looking at her. She got a little nervous and asked: kya yeh aap.. (did you..)

Arnav raised his eyebrow and said: excuse me?

Khushi: aap isey yahaan laye kya? (did you bring it here)

Arnav: I don't know what you are asking..

He went to the washroom leaving a confused khushi outside.

Khushi muttered: ho na ho yeh laad governor ka hi kaam hai... Honge woh arnav singh raizada lekin hum bhi khushi kumari gupta..... singh raizada hai hum unse yeh baat manwa ke rehenge. (he can be arnav singh raizada but even I am khushi kumari gupta....singh raizada...I will make him confess this)