Part 55

Anjali cut the cake and as she cut the first piece and took it in her hand, she saw the teasing smiles around. Anjali was embarrased, she looked at everyone's face trying to figure out whom to feed first.

Khushi cleared her throat: ahem..ahem..di aap agar aise hi intezar karti rahi to aapka agle saal ka janamdin aa jayega. (if you keep waiting like this then your next year's birthday would come)

Everyone laughed. Anjali smiled but she was still not sure what to do.

Khushi: koi baat nehi di hum aapki duvidha dur kar detey hai... she held her hand with the cake and said: aapko to pata hi hai ki humey meetha kitna pasand hai..(no problem di..let me help you...you know na how much I am fond of sweets)

Arnav said below his breath: what the..! 

Anjali looked at rishab once as if to apologise that he didn't get the first bite. Just then surprising everyone khushi took her hand and put the cake in rishab's mouth and started laughing.

Khushi: di is par haq sirf rishabji ka hai...(only he has the right on this)

Anjali's eyes again began to fill with tears. She hugged khushi. Khushi understood her emotions very well. She rubbed her back once and broke the hug and then said: yeh galat baat hai di...hum sab yahaan line mein kharey hai cake ke liye aur aap hai ki...(this is not right...we are all waiting for having the cake)

She held her tummy and said: aur humey to kabse bhook lagi hai... making a baby face which made anjali grin. (I am hungry since a long time)

Arnav: is mein nayi baat kya hai? (what is new about that?) 

Khushi: firse laad governor ki vishesh tippani.. (raised her voice and said): kya kaha aapne? (again his comments... what did you say?)

Arnav: haan..ismein nayi baat kya hai...tumhe to har ek ghantey mein bhook lagti hai..(yes..what is new in this..you feel humgry every one hour)

Khushi was about to reply when anjali cut in and said:chhotey yeh bohot galat baat hai..kyun tum hamesha khushiji ko satatey rehetey ho. (this is very wrong...you always keep bothering her..)

She fed her the cake and went ahead to feed the others. 

Khushi looked at him and made a face and said: woh isliye di kyunki inko jalan hoti hai..kyunki yeh khud nehi kha saktey..(that is because he is jealous as he can't eat it himself)

But anjali was gone by then. Arnav crossed his arms and smirked: oh really?

Khushi: ji haan (yes) 

Arnav held her hand and dragged towards his room.

Khushi: arnavji...yeh kya kar rahe hai aap...chhoriye humey...(what are you doing...leave me...)

Arnav didn't reply but continued dragging her till they reached the poolside.

Khushi was confused: arnavji yeh aap..(arnavji..you) 

Arnav pinned her to the wall and said: shhh... kya kaha tumne abhi? (what did you say right now)

Khushi: k..kya..(wha..what?) 

Arnav: yehi ki main cake nehi kha sakta or something... his voice changing into a whisper which was very familiar to khushi (that I can't have the cake or something)

Khushi: hum..hum to bas..(I was just...) 

Arnav bent down and brushed his lips on the side of hers. Khushi closed her eyes. When she opened it she could see arnav smiling at her with traces of the cake on his lips. She quickly put her hand and checked the sides of her lips..and realised that while anjali fed her the cake got stuck to the sides. She pushed him a little and tried to go but arnav caught her hand and said: so khushi...