Part 68

At night, after chatting with payal and anjali for a while, khushi was going to her room, when she heard lavanya talking over the phone.

Lavanya: ...humey asr aur khushi ko jald se jald alag karna parega...yeh plan fail nehi ho sakta... Aur agar usne meri baat nehi mani to fir usko uski property se hath dhona parega aur sath mein khushi ko bhi khona parega...kyunki koi bhi biwi apne pati ko kisi aur ke sath kaise bardhast kar sakti hai...is bar baazi hamarey hath mein hai...yeh money, yeh status us middle class ladki ki nehi ho saktu...lekin rajiv...mujhe asr ke liye bohot bura lag raha hai... Bechara us raat bina kuch kiye bina hi, waise tumhara idea kafi achha tha uske drink mein nashey ki dawai milaneka....she laughed hard and said..ab to usko mujhse shaadi kaarni hi paregi...varna uska pura parivar road pe aa jayega..aur ekbar khushi ko humne asr se alag kar diya fir tum uske sath jo chahey kar saktey ho...akhir ek fiance thi tumhari(we have to separate asr and khushi as soon as possible...and if he doesn't listen to me then he has to lose his property as well as khushi...because no wife can tolerate their husband with someone else...it is all in our hands.... But rajive...I am feeling bad for asr...without even doing anything that night.... By the way your idea of mixing those pills in his drink was awesome.... She laughed hard and said: now he has to marry me... or else his whole family would be on the road...and once we separate khushi from asr you can do anything with her...after all she was your ex fiance.)

Khushi heard everything standing outside. Now it was clear. Lavanya had made this master plan to trap arnav and her ex fiance rajiv was with her in this. Her feet went numb, her mind went blank. She somehow managed to drag herself to her room. Arnav was reading a file, when he heard the sound of the anklet and looked up. He saw khushi enter the room like a robot with tears in her eyes. She closed the door and looked at him blankly. Arnav kept the file and said: khushi..kya hua?

Khushi: arnavji... And ran into his arms.

Arnav was taken aback for a while with this sudden reaction from khushi. He held her and said while stroking her hair: kya hua khushi..tum aise...(what happened khushi...why are you...)

Khushi sobbed and hugged him tightly: hum aapko khona nehi chahtey..hum aapko khona nehi chahtey...yeh humse nehi hoga ..hum.. She said hysterically in one breath..(I don't want to lose you...I don't want to lose you...I cant.... i...)

Arnav stroked her back and said: khushi...khushi...relax...sshh... Batao kya hua....(khushi...relax...sshh...tell me what happened)

He broke the hug and cupped her face.

Khushi looked at him and said: woh lavanya...(that lavanya)

Arnav's blood boiled hearing her name. He said gritting his teeth: kya kiya usne...did she tell you anything...(what did she do...did she tell you anything?)

Khushi nodded her head and said: nehi unhone humse kuch nehi kaha lekin abhi humne unhe kisi se phone pe baat kartey huye suna... aur jissey woh baat kar rahi thi woh aur koi nehi hamara mangetar rajiv tha....Aur woh kahey rahi thi ki....(no she didn't tell me anything but she was talking to someone over the phone...and that was none other than my ex fiance rajiv....she was saying...)

She told the entire conversation to arnav.

Arnav banged his fist on the wall and said: damn!

Khushi: pata nehi devi maaiya hamari kaisi pariksha le rahi hai...(don't know why is god testing us like this)

She put her hand on his shoulder and said: arnavji..kya hum dono..hum dono sach mein alag...(arnavji..will we...will be really separated...)

Arnav turned around immediately and before she could finish her sentence he put his fingers on her lips and said by pulling her in a hug: ssshhh... Aaj kahey diya..lekin dubara kabhi mat kehena... Hum dono ko koi bhi kabhi bhi alag nehi kar payega... He closed his eyes and repeated: koi bhi nehi!!(shh...you have said it today...but never again you are going to say this... no one cam separate us... no one)