Part 56

In a few days time the raizada family members met rishab's father and it was decided that anjali and rishab's engagement and payal's baby shower will be on the same day. The person in charge of organising the whole event was none other than khushi. Payal's baby bump was prominent now and khushi had great fun feeling the baby's movement everyday and talking to the baby.

The day before the function all the raizada family members gathered after dinner.

Khushi: naniji humne kal ke liye sari taaiyari kar li..bas aap ekbar dekh lijiyega kahi kuch rahe to nehi gaya...(I have arranged everything for tomorrow..please have a final look and let me know if it is fine)

Mami: helo hi bye bye..two two functionzz in one dayz..makeupiya ka touchapiya achhe se kare ka padi..(two functions in one day...I have to do my makeup properly)

Khushi then told anjali and payal: di jiji..aap logo ke liye hamarey pass kuch hai (I have something for both of you)

Payal and anjali exchanged looks.

Anjali: kya khushiji? (what khushiji?)

She came back with two sarees in her hand and handed a red one to payal and blue one to anjali.

Payal: khushi yeh sab..(Khushi all this...)

Khushi went and sat between anjali and payal and said: jiji tumhe pasand ayi? Di aapko? (jiji did you like it?di you?)

Anjali: haan khushiji yeh to bohot khubsurat hai..lekin iski kya zarurat thi..hum logone pehele hi itni shopping ki..(this is very pretty..but what was the need of this..we have already done so much shopping)

Khushi: zarurat hai... Hum chahtey ki aap dono kal yehi saree pehene..kal hamarey liye bohot khushi ka din hai...(it was needed...I want both of you to wear this saree tomorrow..tomorrow is a very big day for us)

She hugged payal and anjali together: aisa lag raha hai khushi ke maarey hum pagal ho jayenge (seems like I will do crazy with happiness)

Arnav said sarcastically: ho jayenge? Abhi bhi kuch baki hai? (you will go mad? Is there something still left?)

Khushi's eyes grew wider. She said angrily: dekha di..hamesha aisa kartey hai..(look di...he always does this)

Anjali scolded arnav by rolling her eyes: chhotey!

Arnav chuckled. Khushi made a face.

Anjali and payal exchanged looks and kissed khushi on her cheeks together and said: bohot bohot shukriya (thanks a lot)

Arnav looked at khushi. Every single day when he saw her he only felt proud of her. Ever since she stepped into the house she only brought smiles to everyone's face even if that was at the cost of her tears. He himself was the reason of her tears so many times but she only took away his pain. Khushi was busy laughing when her eyes fell on arnav. She knew the look very well. She was sure he was getting emotional.

To divert his mind, she suddenly looked at nani and said: waise naniji aapne sabse kahey diya na ki kal ke godbharai ke function mein ladkon ka aana mana hai...woh koi laad governor hi kyun na ho...(by the way nani have you informed everyone that guys are not allowed for the baby shower function..no matter even if he is a laad governor)

Arnav came out of his thoughts and said: what the..!

Khushi: what the nehi kal aaplogo ka aana mana hai (no what the..you can't come)

Nani and anjali exchanged looks and giggled.

Mami: ee lo..firse world warzz starting hui gawa..lagat hai dono hamesha border pe standingzz karat hai..jab dekho fightingzz.(the world war has started again..seems like both of them are standing on the border..always ready to fight)

Everyone apart from arnav and khushi laughed. They were busy rolling eyes at each other.

Arnav stood up and said: main apne hi ghar mein apne hi di ke engagement mein nehi aa sakta (I can't attend my di's engagement that also in my own house)

Khushi: humne kab kaha aap sagaai mein nehi aa saktey..aap logoka godbharai mein aana mana hai(I never said you can't attend the engagement, I said you can't attend the baby shower)

Before arnav could open his mouth, khushi imitated him and said: what the...

Arnav shot an angry look and started going but stopped hearing khushi sing: aj mausam hai suhana...laad governor ko bhagane ka hai bahana...what the what the what the...

Arnav turned around and before he could yell khushi ran away from the place. He looked around to see others rolling on the floor with laughter.

After a while in arnav and khushi's room: 

Arnav came out from the washroom after changing into his tracks and t-shirt. Khushi entered the room humming the tune just then. Arnav looked at her. She quickly tried heading towards the washroom to change her clothes when arnav caught her hand. She closed her eyes anticipating arnav to get back at her for her prank.

Khushi said while keeping her eyes closed: dekhiye godbharai mein ladke nehi aa saktey aisa rasam hai..hum bas naniji ko yaad dila rahey they aur woh gaana ha..hamarey muh se aise hi nikal gaya..hum woh gaana nehi chahtey they...(look it is a ritual that guys can't be a part of baby shower..i was just reminding nani of it....and that song it just came out of my mouth..i didn't want to sing)

She said everything in one breath with eyes closed amusing arnav.

Arnav: khushi ankhein kholo (khushi open your eyes)

Khushi: ne..nehi (n..no) 

Arnav: what the...open your eyes..NOW!! He yelled

Khushi opened one eye and saw arnav standing with a chain and a pendant in his hand. She slowly opened both her eyes and gave him a confused look.

Khushi: yeh..yeh kya hai? (what..what is this?)

Arnav went behind her and put the heart shaped pendant round her neck.

She opened the heart shaped pendant and saw that it had her and arnav's pictures.

Khushi was very happy. She said: yeh to bohot sundar hai (this is so beautiful)

Arnav held her by her shoulder and made her sit on the bed and said by cupping her face: khushi isey hamesha aapne pass rakhna..agar kal ko main na rahoon to yeh tumhe hamesha mere pass hone ka ehsaas dilayega.. main hamesha..(khushi keep it with you always..if I am not there tomorrow this will make you feel my presence..i will always)

Khushi didn't like what he said. She jerked his hands off and said in a sad tone: aap aisa kyun kahey rahe hai..(why are you saying like this)

Arnav: khushi main bas.. (khushi I was ..)

He tried to hold her but she moved away saying: aapne aisa kyun kaha ki agar aap na rahe...( why did you say that if you are not there...)

Arnav: khushi I was just...maine aise hi kaha tha..didn't mean to...ohkay I am sorry... Sorry..(khushi I was just...I said just like that...ohkay I am sorry...sorry,...)

He placed her head on his chest and stroked her hair to calm her down.

Khushi said while hugging him: hum aapko kabhi aapne aap se dur nehi jaaney denge..hum aapke bina nehi rahe saktey..(I will not let you go away..i can't live without you..)

Arnav: main bhi nehi.. I can't live without you.

Khushi: arnavji... 

Arnav: hmm..

Khushi: I love you

Arnav: I love you too khushi