Part 21

In the evening when arnav came back from office and entered his room he was greeted by 10-12 sneezes by khushi at one go. He walked upto khushi and said: kya hua? (what happened?)

Khushi replied with 5-6 more sneezes and said: humey zukham ho gaya (I have caught a cold)

Arnav: what! But..how?

Khushi: woh humey bina rajai ki sone ki aadat nehi hai na..(Sneezing several times in between) ..(actually I cant sleep without a blanket)

Arnav held her by her shoulders and said: are you okay?? Aur tum bina rajai ke kab soyi thi? (when did you sleep without a blanket)

Khushi: kal raat ko hum rajai nikaalna bhul gaye they..tabhi to..and sneezed again (I forgot to take it out last night)

Arnav was very worried and said: what the!! Kal raat ko maine khud tumhe blanket ora tha aur...(what the...I put the blanket on you last night)

He stopped seeing the mischievous smile on khushi's face. She sneezed again, smiled and rubbed her nose and went out of the room humming softly: aj mausam hai suhana, jhoot pakarne ka hai bahana.. What the what the what the!!

Arnav couldn't do anything apart from standing in the room like a fool; this girl had managed to fool arnav singh raizada!

After a while, arnav went to the kitchen. He saw anjali doing some work there. Anjali saw arnav and said: kuch chahiye chhotey? (you want something?)

Arnav said: di woh..khushi ki tabiyat thik nehi hai..(di actually khushi is not well)

Anjali panicked: hai ram! Kya hua khushiji ko? (oh god! What happened to her?)

Arnav: di usko bohot zukham ho gaya..bohot chhik rahi hai..I don't know ki kya karu..(she has caught a bad cold...she's sneezing constantly)

Anjali: koi baat nehi chhotey...hum yeh kara bana detey hai..tum jaakey unhe peela do (don't worry..i am making this syrup for her..ask her to have this..she will be fine)

Arnav: thanks di..but khushi meri baat manegi nehi agar aap bhi sath chaltey to.. (thanks di..but she will not listen to me.if you come with me then..)

Anjali smiled and said: thik hai chalo. (ok come)

Anjali followed arnav to their room. Arnav entered first; seeing him khushi sneezed, but got shocked to see anjali behind him.

Anjali: arey arey khushiji..aapko to bohot zukham ho gaya..aap jaldi se yeh karah pee lijiye..thik ho jayega (oh no...you have caught such a bad cold...drink this and you shall be fine)

Khushi freaked out seeing the syrup in anjali's hand.

Khushi: nehi nehi di....hum bilkul thik hai (no no I am fine)

Arnav: no khushi..you are not well..di dekhiye kaise iska naak lal ho gaya (no khushi you are not well..see your nose is all red)

Khushi looked at arnav angrily and said: nehi di hum thik hai..hum..(no no I am fine)

Arnav: khushi zid mat karo aur jaldi se yeh pee lo (don't be stubborn..drink this)

Anjali: haan khushiji common

They forced the glass in khushi's hand. She pressed her nose and somehow gulped down the liquid and then kept the glass down.

Anjali smiled and left the room.

Khushi had a bitter mouth.

Arnav walked upto her and said innocently: khushi..are you..okay??chhikey ruki? (khushi are you okay? Did the sneezing stop?)

Khushi said angrily: yeh sab aapne jaanbujh ke kiya na? (you did this intentionally na?)

Arnav acted innocen againt: maine? No khushi..I just wanted you to get well..that's why.. (me?)

Khushi angrily walked upto him, looked into his eyes and said: zyada baniye mat..aap achhi tarah se jantey they ki humey koi zukham nehi hua..fir bhi aap...(don't act smart...you know very well that I have not caught a cold but you still...)

She stopped as the lopsided smile and the mischievous look in those chocolate brown eyes told her that she was caught red handed.

Arnav started walking upto her and she started moving back.

Arnav: to tumne mujhse jhoot bola (so you lied to me)

Khushi: haan to? Aapne bhi to bola..(yes so? Even you lied )

Arnav: iska matlab main jo bhi karunga tum woh karogi? (that means you will do whatever I'll do)

Khushi: haan (yes)

Arnav: achha?(ohkay?)

Khushi's back hit the wall.

Arnav closed in and said softly: nehi kar paogi (you cant)

Khushi: hum kar payenge (I can)

Arnav looked at her, she looked extremely pretty as her face became red blushing, he could hear her heavy breathing as well.

Arnav whispered again: are you sure?

Khushi closed her eyes and nodded her head. Arnav planted a brief kiss on her cheek. Khushi opened her eyes in shock and looked at him. He smirked.

Khushi ran out of the room; her heart throbbing like crazy still unable to comprehend what just happened between them.