Part 28

Early next morning arnav went to gupta house. Buaji opened the door and before she could say anything arnav said: buaji ab uncle ki tabiyaat kaisi hai? Main soch raha tha ki office jaaney se pehele ekbar...(how is uncle? I thought I'll see him once before I go to office) 

Buaji: ab thik hai babua..aao aao andar aao (he is fine now...you come inside) 

He kept looking here and there, his eyes searching for khushi. Buaji looked at him and suppressed a smile and teased by saying: babua..uu sankadevi andar hai...tum andar jaaike baitho...hum chaye banatey hai (khushi is inside..you go and sit there..i will go and make tea) 

Arnav was a little embarrassed but more desperate to see khushi. He walked in to khushi's room and saw her sleeping peacefully. He sat beside her and looked at her for sometime, then slowly touched her cheeks. 

Khushi smiled in her sleep as she felt the warm touch of his palm on her cheeks and murmured thinking it was all happening in her dreams: arnavji aap sach mein hamarey sapno mein aa gaye..(you really came in my dreams) 

Arnav had a smile on her face and he thought: pagal (mad) 

She continued: waise yeh pehelibar thodi hai..aap to hamesha hamarey khayalon mein aakey humey satatey they (by the way this is not the first time...you were always there) 

Arnav loved the piece of information he was getting from his crazy wife. He waited for more.
Khushi: hum aapse bohooooot pyaar kartey hai (I love you a lot) 

Arnav bent down and kissed her on her cheek. He kept holding on to the kiss for sometime and said: main bhi tumse bohot pyaar karta hoon. (I also love you a lot) 

With his touch, khushi slowly opened her eyes, the sunrays blinded her vision for few seconds; she quickly shut her eyes and then slowly opened her eyes again only to find arnav very close to her. She looked at him blankly at first till he smiled and said: good morning! She got up and looked around like crazy and then told arnav: aap..aap yahaan kaise aaye? (how did you come here?) 

Then she smiled and said: oh haan hum to sapna dekh rahe hai...sapne mein to koi bhi kahin bhi jaa sakta hai (oh yes..i am dreaming...anyone can be anywhere in dreams) 

Arnav smirked and said: what the...ajeeb ho tum..(what the..you are strange) 

Khushi: what the...sapne mein bhi what the...(what the...even in dreams) 

She then touched arnav once and realized may be it was reality. Still unsure she extended her hand and said: humey chuti katiye..(pinch me) 

Arnav laughed: what?? 

Khushi: chuti katiye na (pinch me na) 

He smiled mischievously, pulled her in his arms and kissed her on her right cheek and then on her left cheek and said: ab yakin hua? (you believe it now?) 

Khushi: iska matlab aap..sach mein..(that means..you are..) 

Arnav: yahaan hoon (here) 

Saying this he pulled her closer. 

Khushi looked at the door which was half open and panicked: arnavji kya kar rahe hai aap..(what are you doing?) 

Arnav: kyun..aapni biwi ko hug kar raha hoon...aur... he bent towards her...(hugging my wife and...) 

Khushi pushed him and said: koi aa jayega arnavji..chhoriye humey..(leave me someone will come) 

Arnav tightened his grip and khushi kept on struggling to break free. 

They heard buaji call from outside: arey sankadevi...arnav babua ko laikey bahaar aao..chaye thandi ho rahi hai (come out with arnav..his tea is getting cold) 

Khushi pleaded: arnavji..buaji bula rahi hai...aap..(buaji is calling) 

Arnav teased her: to bulane do (let her call) 

Khushi: arnavji woh aa jayegi...(she will come) 

Arnav: aane do... he smirked and added: waise pehele bhi aisa ho chukka hai... and they both recalled how they hid behind curtains before marriage (let her come... anyways this had happened before) 

Buaji again called: arey parameswari kaa hua...(what happened?) 

Khushi said: aa...ayyi buaji.. and pleaded to arnav again: arnavji chhoriye na..(coming... leave me na) 

Arnav looked deeper into her eyes and slowly removed his hand from her back. She was lost in his eyes so much so that she didn't even realize that arnav had removed his hands. She kept on holding to his shirt 

Khushi said softly: arnavji..yeh kya kar rahe hai aap...(what are you doing?) 

Arnav smiled and said: khushi...maine kuch nehi kiya...jo bhi kar rahi ho woh tum hi kar rahi ho... he smirked.(I am not doing anything...you are doing everything) 

Khushi looked at him confused: matlab? (meaning?) 

Arnav: matlab.... And brushed his finger on her nose raising his eyebrow (meaning...) 

Khushi stepped back realizing she was the one who was holding on to him all this while. Embarrassed by her actions she turned around. 

Arnav smirked: khushi chaley? Buaji bohot der se bula rahi hai (shall we go? Buaji is calling us since long) 

Khushi nodded her head and followed arnav outside. 

As buaji saw khushi, she said: hai rey nandkisore kab se bulaai rahi hoon..arnav babua ki chaye thandi ho gayi..kaa kar rahi thi tum? (I am calling you since a long time..his tea has become cold..what were you doing) 

Before khushi could answer arnav said: buaji khushi so rahi thi..main kabse usey uthane ki koshish kar raha tha..lekin yeh uth hi nehi rahi thi..(she was sleeping...I was trying to wake her up but she was not getting up) 

Khushi put her hand on her waist, shocked at his white lie. She said: huhh!! Jhoot...safed jhoot...hum kaha so rahe they?? (lie..white lie..when was I sleeping?) 

Arnav: haan so rahi thi tabhi to..(yes you were sleeping that's why...) 

Khushi: hum kaha so rahe they..apne hi to humey.....(when was I sleeping..you only..)
She stopped looking at garima and buaji. 

Arnav acted innocent: kya hua khushi? Ruk kyun gayi..(what happened? why did you stop?)
Khushi rolled her eyes at him and said: woh hu..hum so nehi rahe they..sone ka abhyas kar rahe they..haan...abhyas kar rahe they (I was not sleeping...I was practicing how to sleep) 

Buaji walked upto her and said: kaahey sankadevi? Shaadi hoyi gayi abhi bhi tumri sanak kam naa hi hui..(what is it? you are married but you are still as crazy as ever) 

Arnav nodded his head gesturing he agreed to what buaji said. Khushi shot another angry look at him.