Part 41

Khushi couldn't believe that shyaam could have a face like this. Had she not seen everything with her eyes, it would have been impossible to believe. She could well understand why arnav couldn't accept the fact.She looked towards the living area and saw anjali laughing with the others. Her eyes became full of tears as she thought: di kitni khush hai..lekin yeh sab jan ne ke baad unka kya hoga... Lekin sabse pehele humey arnavji ko samjhana hoga..chahey woh humpe kitna bhi gussa karle hum unhe andhere mein nehi rakh saktey... Hum di ka sath itna galat nehi hone de saktey...(di is so happy..but after knowing all this what will happen to her..but first I have to make arnavji understand...he can shout at me as much as he wants but I can't keep him in the dark..i can't let anything wrong happen to di) 

With this thought she headed towards her room. The room was dark but with the little light coming in from the window she could see arnav sitting on the recliner hiding his face in his palm. She thought for a second gathered all strength and walked towards him and sat down beside him. There was absolutely no movement from his side. Khushi's hands trembled as she placed it on arnav's shoulders and said: aa..ar..navji.. Hu..humey aapse kuch...(I have to say...) 

Arnav removed his hand from his face looked up at her for a brief second and said: bardasht nehi kar payegi.(won't be able to bear it) 

Khushi was shocked to the core. She couldn't figure out anything. 

She looked at him confused and said: arnavji... 

Tears were rolling down his eyes as he repeated again: di yeh sab bardasht nehi kar payegi khushi. (di won't be able to bear this). 

Khushi held his hand and he broke down into tears. She didn't know what to say. Seeing him like that even she started crying. She put his arms around him and placed his head on her shoulder as he cried in pain and anger.

Khushi stroked his hair and said: lekin aap kaise...(but how do you....) 

Arnav looked up and said: maine tumhari aur..us shyaam ki.. (Clenching his fist and gritting his teeth as he took his name) baat sunli...(I heard the conversation between you and shyaam)

He stood up and said fuming in anger: maine soch liya hai khushi..I will not let that.... that man stay here...main usey di ki zindagi se bahaar fekunga... Right now...(I have thought...I will not let that man stay here...I will throw him out of di's life right now)

He started walking towards the door, when khushi held his hand: ek minute arnavji...humey aise jaldbazi mein kuch nehi karna chahiye kyunki iska sidha asar di ke zindagi pe parega (one minute arnavji..we shouldn't do anything in a haste because it will affect di's life directly)

He turned towards khushi and said angrily: di ki zindagi ka sawaal hai tabhi to damn it!!...main aur der nehi kar sakta..main us shyaam ko di ke zindagi ke sath aur nehi khelne de sakta (yes it is the question of di's life..thats why damn it...I can't wait any more..i can't let shyaam play with di's life anymore..)

Khushi: aap samajh nehi rahe hai arnavji..aisa karne se hum di ko...(you are not understanding..if we do this then di..) 

Arnav held her by her shoulder with force and screamed in anger: to tum kya chahti ho ki main aise hi baitha rahoon aur aapni di ki zindagi barbaad hotey huye dekhoon?? (so you want me to sit here and watch her life being destroyed)

He didn't even realise himself how forcefully he held her, only when khushi winced in pain did he realise. He quickly left her and saw the red marks on her skin. He felt miserable seeing that..

Arnav tried to apologise by saying: khushi..I am sorry...I am really very sorry...pata nehi main gusse mein...(khushi..i am sorry...I am really sorry..i don't know what I do in anger...)