Part 88

Days passed and everyone in raizada house was keeping a count of every second. Arnav returned from office one evening and saw khushi sitting on the bed having samosa. He walked upto her and said: khushi yeh kya ulta sidha kha rahi ho tum...maine tumse kitni bar kaha hai ki sirf healthy food khaya karo but you don't even listen to me damn it!! (what are you eating...how many times have I told u to have healthy food.. but you don't even listen to me damn it!!)

Khushi made a face and muttered: aa gaye laad governor..daftar mein logo ko darake shanti nehi milti tabhi to har roz aa jaatey hai humey aur hamarey betey ko darane..arey chain se aapne betey ke sath baith ke samosa bhi nehi kha saktey..(there he is..he doesn't get enough by scaring people at his office so everyday he scares me and my son...I cant even have these 'samosas' in peace with my son)

Arnav said below his breath: what the... Then raised his voice and said: tumne doodh piya? (did u drink milk?)

She gave him nervous smiles and said: ha...an haan piya na...piya...(ye..yes..i drank)

Arnav shot an angry look raising his eyebrow.

Khushi: hamara matlab kal piya na...(I mean drank yesterday)

Arnav looked at her and then went out of the room.

Khushi: yeh laad governor bimar hai kya..purey ghar ko sar pe nehi uthaya.(is he unwell? He didn't shout at me). She giggled to herself and said: lagta hai devi maaiya dheerey dheerey thoda satbuddhi de rahi hai.. (seems God is giving him some brains slowly)She folded her hand and said: aapka lakh lakh shukar rahe devi maaiya jo aapne laad..(thank God that you...)

She stopped midway as she saw arnav entering the room with a glass of milk giving her a deathly glare.

Khushi quickly put her hands down. Arnav handed the glass to her and said: jaldi se peelo..(drink right now)

His phone rang just then. Before picking up arnav said: jaldi se peelo..main yeh call leke aata hoon..(drink fast..i will take the call and come)

Khushi smiled a sigh of relief and said: devi maaiya ne hamari sunli..laad governor ke aane se pehele isey fek ke aatey hai..(devi maaiya heard me... let me go and throw this before he comes)

She took the glass in her hand and took few steps when the baby suddenly kicked her. She held her stomach and said: aah!!

Then made a face and said: hum to bhul hi gaye they woh bara laad governor aapne jaisa ek chhota laad governor hamari peheredari ke liye chhor gaya (I had forgotten that the big laad governor has left a small one like him to keep an eye on me)

Arnav heard khushi's scream from outside and rushed inside and heard her say this and looked at the glass of milk in her hand. He immediately understood what she was upto. He took the glass from her hand and made her sit on the bed.

Arnav: to....tum yeh kya karne jaa rahi thi..(so..what were you upto?)

Khushi:kaun?? ha..hum??? Kuch bhi to nehi...(who?? Me?? Nothing...)

Arnav shrugged his shoulders and said: ohkaay... thik hai..abhi isey pee lo (ohkayy..fine..so drink it now)

Khushi:hum peelenge..aap chinta kyun kar rahe hai.. aap jaaiyena...amanji ko phone kijiyena..becharey amanji aapka intezaar kar rahe honge..(I will drink...don't worry...you go...talk to amanji...poor soul must be waiting for your call)

Arnav raised his eyebrow and said: very smart...

He held the glass infront of her and said: common now..drink...

Khushi: nehi arnavji..humey nehi peena..humey doodh achha nehi lagta...hum nehi peeyenge..arnavji...nehi...(no arnavji...I don't want to drink..i don't like milk...I will not..arnavji...no)