Part 78

Arnav rushed towards the cabin and saw khushi from the glass doors....the monitors, the oxygen mask, the channels...it was a terrible sight! He came to reality with a jolt...his khushi was not joking with him...she was actually not in her senses. He tried to extend his hand to touch khushi but the glass door came in between. He turned his back towards the glass door and closed his eyes in pain and clenched his fist. He then slowly went and sat on the bench again staring blankly on the floor and everything flashed infront of his eyes. First time when he saw her... they fought...she cried...met again in the hospital when she saved anjali's life and he made her cry again by insulting her....then at shantivan when he accused her of being after their money...she cried....they met in lucknow and again he was the reason for her tears when inorder to hide his feelings he told he would have saved anyone from the goons...she was not special....he refused to marry her.... Then he forcefully married her...she cried....

Arnav's tears didn't stop. He covered his face with his palm and wept saying: maine tumhe itna rulaya...isliye tum mujhe punish kar rahi ho na...but why don't you understand ...jitni nafraat maine tumse ki ussey kahi zyada ....kahin zyada pyaar main tumse karta hoon... why khushi...why are you doing this to me?(I made you cry so much..thats why you are punishing me...but why don't you understand..that I love you much much more than hated you... why khushi...why are you doing this to me?)

The raizadas watched him from a distance with tears in their eyes. They had never seen arnav broken down like this. He was their pillar of strength always. Nani slowly went and sat beside him and put his head on her lap. He kept his head while nani stroked his hair saying: aap fikar naahi kijiye chhotey...khushi bitiya ko kuch nehi hoga...itni pyaari bacchi ke sath bhagwan kuch bhi bura naahi kar sakat hai... arey devi maaiya janat hai is ladki maa hum sabki jaan basat rahe...(you don't worry chhotey...nothing will happen to her...God can't be so cruel with such a nice girl...God also knows she is our lifeline)

Her tears were also flowing thick and fast. Arnav kept slient resting his head on nani's lap. With first rays of sunlight arnav flung open his eyes and first thing he said was: khushi...

The guptas arrived early in the morning and so did Rishab. Then again it was an eternal wait for everyone. Khushi was still unconscious. A team of doctors were constantly monitoring her. Everytime someone came out of the cabin arnav crazily ran towards that person with a hope. But everytime it was turned down. The sunset in its normal course and it was darkness again...the darkest evening of arnav's life. Sitting in the hospital, he realized how helpless he was...his money, his power despite everything he was so helpless. Khushi's words kept buzzing in his ears..she used to tell him always that money can't buy everything and today he realized that with money he can buy everything, strike any deal but not a deal which could save khushi's life.

He recalled how khushi ran to his arms everytime she was scared. Even yesterday when rajiv attached her she ran to him and asked for help...but he could do nothing. She ended up saving his life instead.

Arnav said to himself: woh mujhse madat mang rahi thi...kitna bharosa tha usko mujh pe.... Lekin main kuch nehi kar paya. (she asked for help from me...how much she trusted m...but I couldn't do anything).He was extremely angry with himself. It was almost 8pm...no one had a single bite of food ever since this incident took place. Rishab and Aakash coordinated with the doctors, while the others prayed to God for khushi's life. Suddenly the nurse came out and said: aap mein se arnav kaun hai? (who is arnav among you?)

Arnav jumped up from his seat and said: main hoon arnav...what happened...khushi...(I am arnav...what happened...khushi...)

Nurse: dekhiye patient ko kuch der ke liye hosh aaya tha aur unhone bas aapka naam liya...aur firse behosh ho gayi...aap andar chaliye...shayed aapki aawaz sunne pe kuch asar ho...(she came back to her senses for a while and just took your name and became unconscious again...you come inside...may be there is some effect on her hearing your voice)

Arnav walked in. He somehow dragged his legs towards the bed. She looked so pale, lifeless...he is not used to see her like this. Where was that never say die attitude, where was that million dollar smile and where were those endless talks.... This just can't be...just can't be his khushi....

He looked at her for few seconds and said in a cracked voice: khushi!!!!

He sat down on a chair beside her and kissed her forehead. Tears started flowing down from his eyes as his lips touched her skin after so long. The touch told him it was khushi...his khushi. He held her hand and looked at her recalling khushi saying: koi bhi humey juda nehi kar sakta..agar devi maaiya bhi humey lene aaye to hum unse kahey denge ki hum nehi aa saktey kyunki..hamarey arnavji hamarey bina nehi rahe saktey ...(no one can separate us...If God also comes to take me I will not go...i will tell God that my arnavji cant stay without me)

With great difficulty he spoke: tumne kaha tha ki hum kabhi alag nehi honge...tumne kaha tha ki tumhe pata hai main tumharey bina nehi jee sakta.....(you said we can never be separated...you said you knew I cant live without you)

He added after a pause: then why khushi...why are you doing this to me? Tumne mujhe pyaar karna sikhaya...firse hasna sikhaya fir kyun ...kyun woh sab..woh sab mujhse chhin na chahti ho...( then why khushi...why are you doing this to me? You taught me how to lovw...how to smile...then why...why do you want to snatch it away from me)

He broke into tears with head hung and said: you know I love you damn it....you know...

When he didn't see any response from her end he got very angry as usual. He gritted his teeth and said: answer me damn it...when I am talking to you!!!

Main achhi tarah se janta hoon ki tum yeh sab kyun kar rahi ho...(I know very well why you are doing this)

He looked up with anger in his red eyes and said: you want to take revenge...isn't it...tum mujhse badla lena chahti ho....( you want to take revenge...isn't it...you want to take revenge)

But let me tell you khushi kumari gupta singh raizada...tum kabhi kamiyaab nehi hogi...never...you can't win....

He kept quiet and waited for a reaction but she didn't respond.

He again held her hand tightly and said: tum to har kadam pe mujhe challenge karti thi...to ab kya hua... You are scared damn it!!! Do u understand..u r scared...tum arnav singh raizada se darti ho...(you used to challenge me at every step...then what happened now... You are scared damn it!!! Do u understand..u r scared...scared of arnav singh raizada)

His tears rolled down his cheek again.

He looked at his hand which was holding khushi's hand tightly and said: khushi main tumse akhri bar kahey raha hoon...isbar agar tumne baat nehi ki to fir...main yeh hath chhor dunga...aur ekbar maine yeh hath chhor diya to fir kabhi nehi pakrunga..(I am telling you for the last time...and this time if you don't talk...I will leave your hand and if I leave it once then I will never hold it again)

He waited for a brief second and then slowly started to loosen his grip. His heart was breaking every second into million pieces. When he had almost removed his hands off, he suddenly felt a movement of her fingers. He turned back and saw khushi's breathing becoming fast and through the oxygen mask she was trying to say something.

Arnav quickly came to her side and said: khushi...khushi...main yahaan hoon...tumharey pass...(khushi...khushi...I am right here...with you)

He kept his hand on her forehead and called out for the doctor. The doctor came and asked him to wait outside. The raizadas along with arnav went outside absolutely restless. After a while, the doctor came out and said: patient ko hosh aa gaya hai...she is out of danger... Aap log unse mil saktey hai...lekin dhyaan rahe unhe bilkul stress nehi honi chahiye.(she has come to her senses..you all can meet her...but take care that she is not stressed)

Everyone along with arnav rushed towards khushi's cabin. The others went in, arnav was about to enter when a thought crossed his mind and he stepped back.