Part 40

Arnav entered their room and saw khushi sleeping on the recliner. Seeing her he could make out that she has been crying all night. He felt bad because of the way he behaved with her. He walked upto her and then placed his hand on her cheek and kissed her on her forehead. 

Khushi immediately woke up at the touch. Seeing arnav near her, she sat up and said: arnavji..
Her vision became hazy once again due to her tears. 

Arnav felt very bad seeing her like this. He bent down infront of her and wiped the tears from her cheek. Khushi held his hand. Arnav said: khushi I am sorry..mujhe tumse kal raat is tarah se baat nehi karni chahiye thi....(I am sorry I shouldn't have behaved like that last night..) 

He pulled her in a hug. Then he said: khushi I know tumhe koi galat faimi hui hai...(I know there is some misunderstanding somewhere) 

Khushi wanted to say no but arnav cupped her face and said: lekin khushi agar yeh baat di ko pata chalti to unhe kitna bura lagta...(but khushi what of di came to know about this..she would have felt so bad) 

Khushi tried to tell him that he was actually misunderstanding. She said: par arnavji... Hum... 

Arnav kissed her on her forehead and said: its ok khushi.. 

And hugged her again. 

After a while he went to the washroom. Though khushi wanted to talk to arnav but she couldn't. She sat on the bed and wondered. 

Arnavji to yeh baat maan ne ke liye bhi taaiyar nehi hai...lekin shayed unki soch bhi sahi hai..shayed hum hi kuch bhi soch rahe hai...khushi thought.(he is not ready to accept this...but may be he is right...may be my assumption is wrong) 

Later in the day, after aakash and arnav had left for office, khushi was sitting in the living area when she saw shyaam going somewhere in a hurry and was talking over the phone. She could hear the last bit: haan tum naraaz mat ho..hum abhi aa rahe hai..(please don't be angry..i am coming)

Khushi got up and then muttered: humey unka peecha karna chahiye..shayed devi maaiya ki yehi marzi hai tabhi to woh humey barbar yeh sab sanket de rahi hai... Humey sach ka pata lagana hi hoga..akhir yeh di ke zindagi ka sawaal hai..(I should follow him..may be even god wants this...that's why God is giving me hints...I have to find out the truth..after all this is the question of di's life) 

She followed shyaam in an auto. After traveling some distance she saw shyaam knocking at a door. A girl opened the door with a smile and khushi made no mistake in identifying the girl. She was the same girl she saw with shyaam in the shopping mall. 

After getting over the initial shock she closed in towards the house and peeped in through an open window. Shyaam was sitting with the girl. 

Shyaam: arey tum to aise hi naraaz ho gayi...tum janti ho na hum yeh sab sirf tumharey liye kar rahe hai...taki us arnav singh raizada ke daulat se hum aapni zindagi sawaar saakey...(why
are you angry...you know na whatever I am doing is for you...so that we can live our life on arnav singh raizada's wealth)

The girl: dekhiye aap humey aise chhor ke mat jaya kijiye..humey achha nehi lagta..humey paise nehi chahiye..bas aapka sath chahiye(please don't go like this...I don't like it..i don't want money...I want you) 

Shyaam hugged her and said: arey rashmi hum kaha ja rahe hai..hum to hamesha yehi hai tumharey pass..(rashmi, I am not going anywhere...I am here with you) 

Khushi couldn't believe her eyes. She was shocked to the core. She didn't know what to do. She dialed arnav's number several times but his phone was busy. She went back to shantivan extremely disturbed by the whole incidence.

No one was at home when she reached there. 

She was sitting quietly on the sofa in the living area still unable to believe what she saw.

She looked up at the sound of footsteps and saw shyaam walking in. Her blood boiled seeing him. She was about to ask him directly, when anjali came back from the temple and said: arey aa gaye aap?(you came?) 

Shyaam smiled and said: rani saheba humey aapse zyada der tak dur rehena achha nehi lagta (I cant stay away from you for long) 

Anjali blushed: aap bhi na... 

Khushi asked: waise aap kaha gaye they jijaji? (by the way where were you jijaji?)

Shyaam was a little startled at the question. He avoided eye contact with khushi and said: kaam se gaye they aur kya khushiji and then turned to anjali and said: rani saheba hamarey sar mein na bohot dard hai..kya aap hamarey liye chaye bana dengi please..(gone for some work.... ) (can you make tea for me..i am having headache) 

Anjali: ji zarur..hum abhi hariprakashji ke hathon aap ke liye chaye bhejtey hai (I am sending tea for you right now) 

Khushi felt like slapping shyaam right there..how could he do something like this...

Anjali was about to handover the tea to hariprakash when khushi said: laaiye di hum le jaatey hai.. (give it to me di) 

Anjali: achha thik hai..thank you khushiji 

Khushi: koi baat nehi di (no problem) 

Khushi thought while taking the tea to shyaam's room: aj hum unse poochke hi rehenge ki unki himmat kaise hui di ke sath itna bara dhoka karne ki (I will ask him how dare he do something like this with di)

She took one step inside the room and heard shyaam talking over the phone. It didn't take much for her to guess whom he was talking to. 

Shyaam said: tum janti ho na hum tumse kitna pyaar kartey hai..achha chalo ab hum raakhtey hai..(you know na how much I love you..i am hanging up ..ok) 

He turned around and saw khushi standing with fire in her eyes. 

Shyaam gave a nervous smile and said: khushiji..aa..aap..aap kab aayi? (when did you come?)
Khushi fumed with anger: jab aap ek doosri aurat se ishq farma rahe they...aapko sharam nehi aati aisi harkat kartey huye..aapki himmat kaise hui di ke sath itna bara dhoka karne ka..(when you were romancing with some other lady...don't you feel ashamed doing such things...how dare you cheat on di) 

Shyaam: khushiji yeh aap kya kahey rahi hai..hum..(what are you saying..i was just..)
Khushi: baniye mat.. hum achhi tarah se jantey hai ki aj aap kaha gaye they...hum yeh bhi jantey hai ki aap kabhi bangalore gaye hi nehi..aap hamesha se hi yahaan they...us aurat ke pass (don't try to fake..i know where you went..i also know you were never in bangalore...you were with that lady)

Shyaam gave an evil smile and said: khushiji to ab jab aap sab kuch jaan hi chuki hai tab aapse chhupake kya fayeda...haan hamara kisi aur ke sath rishta hai...arey rani saheba se to humne isliye shaadi ki taaki unke paison se hum aur rashmi ek aaram ki zindagi beeta paye...haan to...kya karlengi aap? Kuch nehi kar sakti...kuch bhi nehi... (since you have come to know everything there is no point hiding it from you...I have a relationship with someone else and I married anjali for arnav's money...so what....ehat will you do...you cant do anything)
Khushi: humey ghirna aati hai aap pe aur aapki soch pe...arey di to aapko bhagwan manti hai...lekin ab aur nehi..bohot ho gaya aapka khel..hum arnavji aur di ko sab kuch bata denge..(I feel disgusted about you and your thoughts...di considers you as God..but no more...I will tell everything to di and arnavji today) 

There was someone who heard the entire thing from outside. It was none other than arnav. He clenched his fist in anger and was about to storm in the room but he stopped hearing this from shyaam.

Shyaam broke into an evil laughter and said: khushiji afsos ki baat yeh hai ki koi aapsa yakin nehi karega..aur rani saheba to bilkul bhi nehi... Yeh maan ne se pehele woh aapna jaan dena pasand karengi...(sad that no one will believe you...and anjali will never believe all these..she will give up her life rather than believing these) 

Arnav stopped in his tracks hearing this statement about anjali..what if she really..!!! He somehow dragged himself to his room; absolutely shaken by the reality.