Part 45

Arnav broke the hug and then planted soft kisses on each every bruise and cut khushi had on her hands and face. 

Khushi couldn't stop her tears seeing his love and care. Arnav wiped off the tears that rolled down her cheeks. Khushi hugged him again. Arnav lifted khushi in his arms and made her lie down on the bed. As he got up khushi caught his hand.

Arnav: khushi tum so jao..mujhe abhi neend nehi aa rahi hai..I will sleep later..(you sleep...I will sleep later)

Khushi sat up and looked at him. Then silently held his head and placed it on her shoulders for a while and said: humne aapse kaha na ki hum hamesha aapke sath hai..fir aapne kaise soch liya ki aap humse itni asaani se aapna dard chhupa lenge...(I told you na that I will be with you...then how did you even think that you will hide all your pain from me)

Arnav looked at her with wet eyes. Khushi wiped his tears and said: hum jantey hai aap di ko leke pareshan hai...(I know you are worried about di)

Arnav: khushi tumne dekha na di kaise...kaise toot gayi hai...unke sath itna kuch ho gaya aur main...main kuch nehi kar paya...hamarey sabke samne woh shyaam itna kuch kar gaya and..and we didn't even...(khushi have you seen how shattered di is..so much happened with her and i..i couldn't do anything... infront of our eyes shyaam did so much...)

Khushi held his hand and said: arnavji di ke sath jo bhi hua woh bohot galat tha...lekin hum aapse waada kartey hai ki hum unhe is gham se nikalenge..aap dekhna woh firse pehele ki tarah muskurayegi..

Arnav: but khushi...(whatever happened with di was very wrong...but I promise you that I will help her out of the pain..she will smile again)

Khushi: lekin ussey pehele aapko aapne aapko sambhalna parega..di tabhi is haal se bahaar aa payegi jab woh aapne aaspass aise udaas mahol nehi dekhegi...(but before that you have to control yourself...she will only be happy when there will be no gloomy atmosphere around)

Then smiled and added: aur fir dekhna...aapko aapki peheliwali di mil jayegi.(and then you will get your old di back)

Arnav hugged her. Her words always did the magic for him.

Next morning onwards khushi was on her mission to cheer up anjali. She told everyone in the house to behave normally with anjali and not to cry infront of her.

Anjali was gradually trying to cope with the situation. One evening arnav and aakash returned from office they saw a sight which made them really happy. Sitting in the living area were payal, khushi and anjali and anjali was actually laughing. As they got closer, they heard khushi say: aapko pata hai di, bachpan mein jiji ka ek deewana hua karta tha..(you know di, jiji had a lover in her childhood)

Payal looked embarassed: khushi chup kar..(khushi shut up)

Khushi giggled and said: haw jiji..tum to abhi bhi sharma rahi ho..di pata hai bachpan mein hamarey school mein ek mota sa ladka hua karta tha jo jiji ko bohot pasand karta tha...woh har roz jiji ko ek gulab deta tha...ekdin humne uske bag mein ek mendak daal diya tha..jaise hi woh bag khola gulab nikalne ke liye woh mendak sidha uske upar kuda...darr ke maarey uska chehra dekhne layek tha...us din ke baad se woh jiji ke aas pass bhi nehi dikhai diya..(di you are blushing...you know di there used to be a fat guy in school who loved jiji a lot..everyday he used to get a rose for her... one day I had put a frog in his bag..and the moment he opened to it to take out the rose it jumped on him..and that was a sight to watch...and after that day he never came infront of jiji)

A voice from behind said: aisa sirf tum kar sakti ho..(only you can do this)

Khushi turned to see arnav.