Part 67

Khushi kept blabbering all the while as she dressed up: humey kuch taaiyar nehi hona hai...bas ek saree nikaal lete hai...laad governor se milne jana hai..koi khushi ka mauka thodi hai..

Unknowingly she wore the red saree, which was arnav's favourite and minimal jewellery...a small earring and her mangalsutra. Her hair was open. As she was about to leave the house, arnav called her again. She picked up and even before she said hello, arnav said: itna time kyun lag raha hai?(why are you taking so much time?)

Khushi: dekhiye hum aapki patni hai aap hamarey sath aisa nehi kar sakte...(look I am your wife..you cant talk to me like that)

Arnav: 10 minutes...

Khushi: ji?

Arnav: nine...

Khushi: aap..(you...)

Arnav: eigh...

Khushi gasped: aa rahe hai...(coming...) she hung up...

She was about to get in the car and then said: nehi..humey laad governor ki gari mein nehi charna...(no..i don't want to take his car)

She ran and got into an auto and reached Golden Cafe Retreat. Arnav was waiting for her near the cafe. She didn't see him and was about to enter the cafe when someone held her hand. Khushi looked up and saw it was arnav. Without a word arnav dragged her to the car. Khushi unable to understand anything said: arey ab kaha jaa rahe hai..aapne to humey yehi bulaya fir...ajeeb baat hai..(where are you going now? You called me here...strange!)

She kept talking. Arnav didn't reply to any. He just opened the car door and said: sit

Khushi looked at him confused.

Arnav: likh ke doon? Baitho (should I write and give it? Sit)

Khushi made a face and sat in the car. Arnav started it.

Khushi muttered: ab poochke bhi koi fayeda nehi ki hum kaha ja rahe hai.. Jawab to milne se raha... pata nehi yeh laad governor ke dimag mein kya chalta reheta hai..dimag hai ki logo ko pareshan karne ki machine..(there is no point asking him where are we going.... I will not get an answer for sure..dont know what goes on in his head...its not a head it is a machine for torturing people)

Arnav was enjoying every bit of it. This is all he wanted in life. His crazy wife with him always. All his stress, his worries vanished like magic. And she looked so cute when she blabbered in anger. Finally when arnav's car pulled up near a sprawling lawn and a bunglow, khushi could recognize their farm house. Her eyes then fell on the area at the middle of the lawn which was circular in shape. It was decorated in white and silver, stars and windchimes were hung from above . A table was placed with two chairs. The candle light added the magical touch. Khushi had her mouth wide open. She covered them up with her palm. She turned back to see arnav standing with his arms crossed, smiling at her reaction. She had no words but ran back to his arms. He opened his arms widely and as soon as she ran into them, he wrapped it around her.

Khushi: arnavji humey to lag raha hai ki hum koi sapna dekh rahe hai...(seems like a dream)

She broke the hug and said excitedly: yeh sab kitna sundar hai..aapne yeh sab kab kiya?(this is so beautiful..when did you do all this)

Arnav smiled and held her hand and then took her near the table, pulled a chair and made her sit. He silently kept admiring his princess in his favourite red saree.Going by her make up and jewellery arnav could make out that she tried her best not to dress up for the ocassion as she was angry with him. But poor soul she looked even more beautiful. He smirked with his thought.

Khushi kept looking around when her eyes fell on the table. What she didn't notice till now was it had all her favourite food. She gave the broadest possible smile looking at them. She smelled them closing her eyes. Arnav laughed and also recalled the way she ate at the dhaba on their way to lucknow.