Part 82

Khushi recovered in a few days time. They all went back to shantivan after a week. Aakash and arnav ensured that lavanya and rajiv were put behind the bars for fraudulence.

Khushi was very happy to be back in shantivan. After all the trauma they went through, it was a pure bliss to be back home.

After a day of their return the raizadas invited rishab's father in shantivan to finalise the date for anjali and rishab's wedding. Khushi was super excited from morning about the whole affair. She was busy preparing hundreds of dishes. Rishab's father came in the evening. The earliest date that the elders found was just twenty days away. Everyone was eager to see them tie the knot as soon as possible.

Next day was the raizadas had arranged for a 'havan' for anjali and rishab. Now that they had all their problems out of the way khushi was back to her old antics. Arnav was busy with his work when khushi stormed into the room. She headed straight towards the cupboard and started taking out all the sarees she had and kept them on the bed. She was too engrossed in her work to notice arnav.

Arnav looked up from his laptop and said: what the.... Khushi tum yeh kya kar rahi ho? (khuahi what are you doing?)

Khushi: ek bohot bari musibat aa gayi hai arnavji...humey samajh mein nehi aa raha hai ki hum kya karey..(there is a big problem and I can't understand what to do)

Arnav stood up, walked towards her and said: musibat? Kya hua khushi?(problem? What happened khushi)

Khushi: jabse humne shaadi ki baat suni hai soch soch ke hamara dimag kharab ho gaya...(I am very worried eversince I have heard about this wedding)

Arnav looked confused: shaadi ke baarey mein? Aisa kya hogaya khushi?(about the wedding? What happened khushi?)

Khushi: shaadi mein itni saari rasmein hoti hai...jaise mehndi, haldi, shaadi..aur haan jaise kal hai havan.. (it will include many such rituals...like mehndi, haldi, then the marriage and tomorrow's havan)

Arnav gritted his teeth getting frustrated: yeah so...whats the point khushi?

Khushi complained: agar itni saari rasmein hongi to humey us hisab se kapde bhi to chunney honge.havan ke liye..mehndi ke liye, haldi ke liye, shaadi ke liye... bohot bari samasya hai arnavji aap nehi samjhenge.. (so if there are so many functions I need to select clothes accordingly as well... it is a big problem you wont understand)

She started biting her nails looking at the bed which she had messed up by now

Arnav said sarcastically: yeah right...bohot bari problem hai..(yeah right...it is a big problem indeed)

Khushi didn't get the sarcasm and said: aur nehi to kya...hey devi maaiya raksha karna..(what else...help me god)

After a while she realized that she was biting her nails and arnav was standing with his arms crossed throwing an angry look at her. Then she realized it was already late in the night. She quickly put back the sarees in the cupboard looking at arnav several times as she was sure he would yell at her for messing up the bed. Arnav stood their expressionless.

Khushi muttered: khushi kumari gupta singh raizada aapko kab samajh mein ayega ki jab laad governor aas pass ho to aapko yeh sab nehi karni chahiye... (when will you understand that when he is around you shouldn't be doing all this) she looked at him out of the corner of the eye and said: aise gussey se ghur rahe hai jaise abhi kha jayenge..(he is looking at me in a way as if he is going to eat me up)

She said this kept the last saree and turned back but was held from behind. She closed her eyes and said: mar gaye! (I am dead)

Arnav slowly twisted her arm back and closed in without a word.