Part 25

As the sunrays peeped in through the windows khushi opened her eyes, her head felt heavy, she at first couldn't figure out where she was till she realized that she was wrapped by a pair of strong arms. Still in that same position she tried to think; last she what she recalled was she gulping down the drinks at the party. With this thought she looked up and saw she was hugging arnav. She got up with a jolt waking up arnav in the process. She sat on the bed followed by arnav, who smiled his lopsided smile by sitting on the bed and then slowly removed the hair strands from her face and said: good morning! 

She looked at him and saw his cheeks which still carried the lipstick marks of hers. She looked away shyly. Arnav got down from the bed leaving a confused khushi whose brain was not functioning at all. The lip marks on arnav's cheeks, the way they woke up in the morning and the way he was behaving ever since they wokeup..it was all indicating towards.... 'hey devi maaiya yeh kya ho gaya..kahi kal raat ko..ab hum kaise unse poochey ki...'(oh god..what happened last night...how do I ask him?) 

As arnav came out of the washroom khushi looked at him nervously. Arnav knew very well what was going on in her mind, he chose to ignore it and tease her. 

Khushi finally decided to talk to him. 

Khushi: ar..navji 

Arnav acted extra nice; he quickly came forward touched her cheek and said: kya hua khushi?? (what happened khushi?) 

Khushi got even more cautious. She thought: hey devi maaiya yeh arnavji ko kya ho gaya...iska to bas ek hi matlab ho sakta hai ki...(what is wrong with him... this can only mean one thing) 

Arnav asked again: khushi..what happened?? 

Khushi moved back and said: ka...kaal raat..k..kk..ko..(last night..) 

Arnav shrugged his shoulder looked away and said: I know.... 

Khushi looked at him with rounded eyes and said: iska matlab k..kya..(this means that) 

Arnav then again cupped her face and said: khushi..its ok...relax...jo ho gaya.... I mean..tum hosh mein nehi thi...but trust me its ok...(khushi ..its ok...relax..whatever happened...I mean... you were not in your senses...but trust me..its ok)

His half sentences made khushi go crazier. 

Khushi looked at him nervously and said: hu..humey kuch samajh nehi aa raha hai...aap kya kahey rahe hai..(I can't understand what you are saying) 

Arnav looked deeper into her eyes and said: khushi I don't know ki main kya kahoon..honestly mujhe bhi andaza nehi tha ki aisa kuch hoga... But its ok..(I don't know what to say...honestly even I didn't know that this will happen...but it's ok) 

He suppressed a smile as she looked away. The tension was evident on her face. 

Khushi: aap hamarey sawaal ka thik se jawab kyun nehi de rahe hai? (why aren't you answering me properly) 

Arnav: khushi maine tumhe sab kuch to kahey diya...I don't know ki tum kya pooch rahi ho..(I have said everything...don't know what u r asking)

She couldn't keep her patience any more. She cornered arnav to the wall and said in a frustrated tone: arnavji aap samajh kyun nehi rahe hai, hum kabse aapse yeh poochne ki koshish kar rahe hai ki kya kal raat hamarey beech woh sab hua tha!!(why aren't you understanding that I want to ask you if everything happened between us last night) 

She said everything in one breath. Arnav looked at her, his eyes full of mischief. He crossed his arms, raised one eyebrow and said: woh sab matlab? (everything meaning) 

Khushi turned around embarrassed. She fumbled: hamara matlab ki....(I mean..) 

Arnav came infront, lifted her chin and said: khushi....relax! 

Then said slowly: khushi kal raat aisa kuch nehi hua tha...I was kidding! (nothing like that happened...I was kidding) 

Khushi opened her mouth wide and said: huh!! Aap mazak kar rahe they...aap jantey hai ki hum...hum..(you were kidding and i..) 

Arnav held her shoulders and said: khushi kal raat tum hosh mein nehi thi...aur main aisi halat mein tumharey sath... I... can never...(khushi you were not in your senses last night...and I can never do anything like this with u in that condition) 

Khushi didn't know what to say...standing infront of her was a arnav she never knew of..so sensitive, so understanding! 

Arnav slowly left her shoulders, khushi turned around. 

Arnav came from behind and whispered in her ears: lekin haan...kal raat tumne mere sath zarur kuch kiya....jiska hisab mujhe abhi barabar karna hai...(but yes of course you did something with me last night and I have to settle scores with u for that) 

Khushi panicked. 

He kissed her on her cheek from behind. 

Khushi looked at him, blushed and ran out of the room. Arnav ran his fingers through his hair and smiled to himself.