Part 36

Khushi said while hugging him: arnavji kya hum aj ekbar hamarey puraney ghar mein ja saktey hai? Matlab woh ghar to hamara abhi raha nehi..hum bas ekbar usey dur se dekhna chahtey hai... (can we go to our old house once today..i mean the house is no more ours...but still want to see it once) 

Arnav kissed her on her forehead and said: we will go in the evening..okay? 

Arnav returned back in the afternoon after finishing his work and said: chalo..(lets go) 

He drove through the streets of lucknow. Khushi was very excited. Every two minutes she screamed: arnavji..aapko pata hai hum yahaan se churiyaan kharidte they... yahaan hum aur jiji roz golgappey khaney aatey they.... (you know we used to buy bangles from here..we used to eat here) 

Arnav smiled looking at her. She looked like a little kid who was jumping with joy. After few minutes, she screamed:arnavji rukiye!!!!! (arnavji stop) 

Arnav got scared and quickly applied the brakes and said: kya hua khushi? (what happened) 

Khushi pointed out and said excitedly: sohan halwai ki dukan!! (sweet shop) 

Arnav was shocked: WHAT!!! 

Khushi: lucknow ke sabse mashhoor jalebi banane wala (the famous sweet shop in lucknow)
She didn't wait for his answer but got down from the car and ran towards the shop. 

Arnav: what the.... Unbelievable!! 

He followed her to the shop. 

Khushi told the shopkeeper: namastey chachaji...kaise hai aap? (hello uncle...how r u?) 

Shopkeeper: arey khushi bitiya...kaisi ho tum? Aur lucknow kab aayi?(arey khushi...how r u? and when did you come to lucknow?) 

Khushi: chachaji bas do din pehele... (just two days back) 

Shopkeeper: tumharey amma babuji kaise..(how is your mom dad) 

Khushi interrupted him in between and said: chachaji hum aapko sab kuch batatey hai lekin pehele aap humey jalebi to khaney dijiye (I will tell you everything but first let me have the sweets) 

Shopkeeper smiled and handed her a plate of jalebis. She immeditely jumped onto it. Arnav looked at her amazed. Khushi had her eyes closed while enjoying the sweet. After having the full plate she realised arnav was standing with his arms crossed infront of her. 

Arnav faked an anger and frowned at her. Looking at him she thought he would yell right now. Before arnav could say anything she quickly looked at the shopkeeper and said: chachaji yeh arnavji hai hamarey pati. (this is arnav...my husband) 

Shopkeeper: namastey beta...yeh lijiye aap bhi jalebi khaiye (hello...here... you also have some sweets) 

Khushi: arey nehi nehi..yeh nehi kha saktey..inhe shakkar ki bimari hai...laaiye hum khaatey hai (no no..he cant have ..he has diabetes..give it to me) 

Arnav: what the...khushi tumne abhi abhi to khaya? (what the...you just had) 

Khushi: abhi? Abhi kaha khaye? Woh to purey paanch minute pehele ki baat hai (now? I had that five minutes back) 

Arnav: unbelievable!!...now come 

He dragged her out of the shop. As they reached the car khushi stamped her feet and said: kya arnavji aap humey waha se kyun le aaye...itne dino baad humey mauka mila tha sohan halwai ki dukan ki jalebi khaney ka (arnavji why did you bring me her..after so long I got an opportunity to have sohan halwai's sweets)