Part 66

It was morning and everyone including lavanya gathered at the breakfast table. Arnav's blood boiled seeing lavanya.

Mami looked at lavanya from head to toe and whispered in anjali's ears: humka to yeh samjah mein nehi awat hai ki ee kaa peheni hai....ya fir kaa naahi peheli hai..helo hi bye bye..lagat hai bohot zyada garmi lagat hai isiliye air condisoned kapde pehen rahi.... (I can't understand what is wearing or actually not wearing...I think she must be feeling very hot so she is wearing air conditioned clothes)

Anjali giggled.

Khushi saw arnav giving deathly glares to lavanya. She immediately gestured him not to make it so obvious.

Khushi then turned to lavanya and served her the food saying: yeh lijiye lavanyaji...(take this lavanyaji)

Lavanya made a face and said: no thanks...

Khushi smiled and sai even more sweetly: lavanyaji yeh hamarey hath ke banaye huye parathey hai..ek kha key dekhiye aapko zarur achha lagega..(I have made these parathas...you will surely like them)

Lavanya: no thanks main itna oily khana nehi khati. She sounded rude. (I don't have such oily food)

But khushi knew her way out. She took a quick glance at arnav and said: aapko pata hai arnavji ko bhi pasand nehi tha... lekin jab se unhone hamarey hath ke parathe khaye unhe aur kuch nehi achha lagta...(you know even he didn't like eating these..but when he had the ones I made he loved them)

Arnav was not liking the fact that khushi was behaving so sweetly with lavanya. He rolled her eyes at her.
Lavanya on the other hand took this as a cue to throw herself at arnav. She looked at him with a smile and said: agar asr ko pasand hai..then I don't mind..(if asr loves it..then I don't mind)

No one was liking lavanya and her ways. Nani made a face at the statement she made.

After breakfast, lavanya said: come asr..lets go.

She tried to hold his hand but arnav jerked away and said rudely: lavanya I am going for a client meeting now....you go ..main baad mein aa jaunga..(lavanya I am going for a client meeting now..i will come later)

Lavanya stormed out angrily. Arnav turned and saw khushi cleaning up the breakfast table. Rest of the family members were busy in their own work. He was fuming with anger. He walked upto her and pulled her to the guest room.

Khushi was taken aback: arnavji...yeh aap kya kar rahe hai...k..koi..(what are you doing..someone will..)

Arnav's eyes were red with anger: tum kya kar rahi thi? Sab kuch jantey huye bhi tum us lavanya ke sath..... aur tumne dekha nehi woh tumse kitna rudely baat kar rahi thi... what's wrong with you damn it koi tumse aise baat karey main bardasht nehi kar sakta....(what were you doing? Inspite of knowing everything you...and didn't you see how rudely she was behaving with you... what's wrong with you damn it...I can't take it when people misbehave with you)

Khushi smiled looking at him which irked him even more.

Arnav screamed: what's so funny damn it! Muskura kyun rahi ho...(whats so funny? Why are you smiling?)

Khushi didn't say anything but hugged him as she knew that was the only way to cool him down. Arnav was fuming with anger and shouting but as soon as she hugged him all of a sudden his anger disappeared like magic and he melted wrapping his arms around her.

While in the hug khushi said: hum jantey hai ki koi humse buri tarah se baat karey aapko bilkul pasand nehi hai...lekin arnavji..aap jantey hai na ki hum aisa kuch nehi kar saktey jissey lavanyaji aur ghar mein kisiko zara sa bhi shaq ho. (I know you can't take people misbehaving with me but you know na that we cant do anything which will create a doubt in lavanya or anyone else's mind)