Part 24

The next few days are pretty much the same for arnav and khushi, only thing that was probably changing and getting stronger each day was their feelings towards each other.

Arnav was leaving for office, when he told khushi: khushi aj shaam ko ek party hai so you come with me..i'll pick you up in the evening (there is a party in the evening..so you come with me..i will pick u up)

Khushi: nehi arnavji humey parties achhi nehi lagti..hum ghar pe hi thik hai (I don't like parties...I am comfortable at home)

Arnav: khushi ghar pe koi nehi hai..di aur jijaji mumbai gaye hai, mama, mami aur nani bhi shaadi mein gaye hai nainital..tum akeli kya karogi? Tum mere sath chalo (there is no one at home...di and jijaji are in Mumbai...everyone else have gone to nainital...what will u do alone?)

Khushi: nehi arnavji..hum thik hai..(I am ok)

Arnav: well on second thoughts, you are right...waha jaakey tum kya karogi..I mean parties are not meant for you..you don't drink, dance..its ok..rehene do

Khushi opened her mouth and said: huh!! Hum party ke layek nehi hai? (I am not eligible to go to a party?)

Arnav nodded his head and said no and added: waha pe bohot saari khubsurat larkiya hongi...you will feel out of place (there will be a lot of beautiful girls there...you will feel out of place)

Khushi: matlab ki hum khubsurat nehi hai? (that means I am not beautiful?)

Arnav: can't lie..dont think so.

Khushi was furious. She said: aj shaam ko dekhenge.(we'l see in the evening)

Arnav: aj shaam ko? Lekin tum to..(in the evening? But you..)

Khushi: hum chal rahe hai (I am coming)

She said and walked out of the room leaving a smiling arnav behind. By now he knew very well how things work with khushi.

In the evening, arnav picked up khushi and went for the party. Only his eyes knew how beautiful she looked in her blue saree and open hair. Before entering arnav said: khushi, are you sure you wanna come?

Khushi was getting angrier; she ignored and walked straight. Arnav smirked and followed her.

Khushi looked at the surroundings as she entered; the loud music, the girls who according to her had donated most of their clothes made her feel very uncomfortable. She fidgeted with her dupattaa and looked at arnav. Arnav raised his eyebrow and gave her an 'I knew you would be uncomfortable' look. Khushi immediately faked a smile and showed that she loved it. One lady came up wearing a short black dress and spoke to arnav for some time and then said: come let's have a drink!

Arnav left khushi and went with the lady. Khushi was going mad with anger. She saw arnav and the lady take two glasses. He spoke with her as they had their drinks. Khushi observed the lady for a while and then walked upto the bar and asked for a drink. She looked at arnav and gulped it.

After a while arnav realised khushi was not around. He looked around for a while when he saw khushi speaking to one of the bar tendors. He panicked as even from a distance he could make out that she was not in her senses. As he went close he heard khushi telling the bar tendor how to make jalebis!!

Arnav turned her towards him and said: khushi..you are drunk!!

Khushi put her finger on her lips and said: sshhh!

Arnav: khushi chalo yahan se (khushi come with me)

Khushi: nehi...hum yahaan se nehi ja saktey..hum is bhaisaab ko jalebi banana sikha rahe hai (no..i cant go..i am teaching him how to make jalebis)

Arnav yelled angrily: come with me right now

Khushi: pata hai bhaiya..yeh hamarey pati hai... then pouted her lips and said: hamesha gussa kartey hai. (you know this is my husband... he always scolds me)

Arnav rolled his eyes. She pointed towards arnav's nose and said: dekha dekha kaise gussa inke naak pe baitha hai. She kept swinging as she spoke.(see see how his nose is red with anger)

Arnav said: what the... and dragged her out and made her sit in the car and after a lot of struggle tied her seatbelt and started the car.

Khushi: ar..navji

Arnav looked at her and said: what??

Khushi: laughed and said..what nehi what the..!! Aapko pata hai aap jab what the kehetey hai tab aap.. (you know when u say what the..then...) She again laughed

Arnav rolled his eyes and said: what the...!!

Entire road she continued uttering nonsense. A frustrated arnav pulled up the car infront of shantivan. He carried her to the room and yelled: who asked you to drink damn it!!

Suddenly tears started flowing from her eyes.

Arnav said softly: khushi..kya hua..ro kyun rahi ho?(khushi..what happened...why r u crying?)

Khushi said like a kid with a puppy face: aapne daata isliye (you scolded that's why)

Arnav was amused. She looked so cute that he felt like hugging her. He smiled and said: ok sorry ab nehi daatunga..come..now sleep (ok..i will not scold you..come...now sleep)

He made her lie down and was about to go when she pulled him on the bed and said: nehi!! Hum aapko jaaney nehi denge.(no!! I will not let u go)

Then came forward and kissed him on his right cheek and said: humne kaha tha na hum kar payenge! (I told you na that I can do) She indicated the challenge that arnav threw at her earlier.

Arnav knew she was not in her senses, but what she did made him lose his senses. The touch of her lips on his cheek was maddening. He had not recovered from the first kiss when khushi kissed him on the other cheek and said: ab hum aapse ek kadam agey bhi ho gaye..!! (I am ahead of you)

She laughed like a kid.

The two kisses drove arnav crazy. He felt an extreme urge to kiss her but held his emotions knowing that she was drunk. He said: khushi ab so jao..raat bohot ho gayi (now sleep..its very late)

Khushi again held his hand, pouted her lips and said with a fallen face: aap humey chhor ke chaley jayenge? (will you leave me and go?)

Arnav said: nehi khushi..main to bas...(no..i was just)

Khushi had tears in her eyes as she said: humey chhor ke mat jaiye..sab humey chhor ke chaley gaye..pehele ma babuji ab aap bhi...kya hum itne burey hai? (don't leave me and go...everyone goes away...first mom and dad..now you...am I that bad?)

Arnav felt a sharp pain in his heart. He cupped her face, wiped her tears and said: nehi khushi....khushi main kahin nehi jaunga...main tumhe chhor ke kahin nahin jaunga (no khushi... I will never leave you and go)

Khushi smiled: pakka? (promise?)

Arnav: promise

She kept holding his hand tightly to ensure that he was not leaving her. Arnav smiled at her childishness and slowly lied down beside her on the bed. As arnav lied down, khushi hugged him tightly, hid her face in his chest and dozed off immediately. Arnav on the other hand didn't know what to do. He hesitated at first and then slowly put his arms around her holding her securely near his heart. His mind was going through different kinds of emotion. Every word that khushi said touched his heart, that she had feelings for him was not hidden from him anymore. The way she kissed him and everything they shared that night told him that the feeling was mutual and he had to confess his feelings to khushi at the earliest.