Part 61

Arnav drove like crazy. He was not in a state or to react. He drove for almost an hour with absolutely a blank state of mind. He stopped on an empty road and came out of the car leaning against the door of the car. Lavanya's words buzzed in his ears: ..mujhe nehi pata tha tumhe itni jaldi thi...when you made love to me...(I didn't know you were in such a hurry..)

He screamed: aaaaaa...!!!

Tears rolled down his eyes. For the first time in his life he felt helpless, he was in a situation which he had no control on.

Arnav: maine yeh.... Main khushi ke sath aisa nehi kar sakta..main aisa nehi kar sakta....(i...I can't do this to khushi...I can't do this...)

He tried to recall last night..but no matter how hard he tried last what he could recall was he signing those papers.

He paced infront of the car like crazy, he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and said: mujhe kuch yaad kyun nehi aa raha hai damn it!! Main khushi ko itna bara dhoka nehi de sakta...mujhe usey sab kuch batana hoga... I can't do this to her...lekin main usey kya kahunga jab main khud bhi nehi janta ki....(I can't recall anything damn it...I can't do this to her...I have to tell everything to khushi...but what will I tell her when I myself can't recall...)

He punched on the car saying: damn it!

He then sat infront of the car putting his head down and cried saying: khushi... I...I am sorry... Khushi...how will I face her.... Woh bardasht nehi kar payegi...khushi...(khushi wont be able to bear this)

Just then his phone rang. He looked at and saw khushi's name. He cried clutching the phone tightly in his hand. Khushi on the other hand kept on wondering why he was not picking up. After two three times of calling arnav got up from the ground and received the call. As soon as khushi realised that he had received it, she said: aap hamara phone kyun nehi utha rahe they...hum kab se aapko phone kar rahe hai..aur aap...(why were you not picking up?i was trying your number since long and you...)

Arnav couldn't control his tears hearing her voice. He said with a cracked voice: khushi...main... Sorry!

Khushi was taken aback. Her laad governor was sounding so sad and apologising for such a small reason.

Khushi: arnavji...aap thik to hai na? Hum to bas aise hi...(arnavji..are you fine? I was saying just like that...)

Arnav closed his eyes once gulped and said: khushi I can't...can't live without you..

Khushi was finding it very wierd. All of a sudden arnav was talking like this.

Khushi: hum bhi nehi...lekin arnavji yeh aapko subah subah kya ho gaya hai...aap aisa kyun....sab thik to hai na? (i also cant...but what is wrong with you early in the morning...why are you talking like this..is everything fine?)

Arnav: khushi main nehi jee sakta tumharey bina...agar tum mujhe chhor ke chali gayi to main mar jaunga...(khushi I can't live without you...I will die if you live me and go)

Hearing this khushi's eyes also became filled with tears.

Khushi said with a cracked voice as tried to control her emotions: agar aap aisi baatein karenge to hum aapse kabhi baat nehi karenge.... Aap ko pata nehi kya aapse dur rehena ka khayal bhi humey kitna pareshan karti hai...fir hum aapse dur kaise jaa saktey hai.. Hum hamesha aapke sath rehenge..hamari ankhri saas tak.. Aur shayed zindagi ke baad bhi..?(if you say this then I will not talk to you...you don't know or what that the even the thought of staying away from you unsettles me...then how can I go away from you...I will always be with you...till my last breath...and may be after death as well)

Arnav: lekin khushi agar kabhi main...(if I ever...)

Khushi wiped her tears and said: humne kaha na..humdono hamesha sath rehenge..aur aap hi to kehetey hai.. Arnav aur khushi kabhi alag nehi ho saktey...to fir? (I told you na... we will always be together...and you only say that arnav and khushi can't be separated.... Then?)

Arnav wiped his tears. He didn't know if we should be happy that he had a life partner like this..her words were always magical...or should be sad that he yet again gave her so much pain..and this time he didn't know if she will be able to forgive him.

He was lost in his thoughts when khushi's voice brought him back to reality.

Khushi knew by now that he was upset about something and she had to cheer him up.

Khushi: ab har baat pe rona zaruri hai kya (imitating him) (is it necessary to cry in everything)

Arnav: what the...main..main kaha..(what the....i...when did I...)

Khushi: ab tak to aapki ankhein lal ho gayi hogi aur sath mein aapki naak bhi beh rahi hogi..(your eyes must be red by now...and even your nose is flowing I am sure)

A smile crossed his face.

Khushi: waise hum jaise khush naseeb duniya mein nehi hai..(by the way there is no one as lucky as me)

Arnav: woh kyun? (why is that?)

Khushi smiled and said: woh isliye kyunki sirf hum hi woh khush naseeb hai jisne laad governor ko bachho ki tarah rotey huye dekha hai...(because I am the only one who has seen the laad governor cry like a kid)

Arnav was embarrassed: shut up khushi!!

Both of them laughed.

Khushi: arnavji..aise hi hastey rahiyega..aap hastey huye bohot achhe lagtey hai..(keep smiling like this...you good when you smile)

Arnav: thanks khushi...thanks for being there

Khushi smiled and said: achha abhi hum rakhtey hai...abhi humey jiji ke sath roshni ko nehelana hai...aap nehi jantey woh kitni bari ho gayi hai..(I am hanging up now..we have to give roshni a bath...you know she has grown up a lot)

Arnav smiled at her craziness: khushi mujhe mumbai aye bas ek hi din huye hai (khushi its been just a day that I am in mumbai)

Khushi: haan to...aapko pata hai ek din mein purey chaubis ghantey hotey hai..aur chaubis ghantey bohot hotey hai..achha abhi hum rakhtey hai (yes so...you know there are 24 hrs in a day and 24 hours are a long time)
She hung up.

Arnav chuckled and said: pagal! (mad)

He didn't know what turn their relationship was going to take from here on..but somehow khushi's words made him believe that she will be there with him. He decided that he will take the very next flight to delhi and confess everything infront of her.