Part 50

That night both anjali and rishab couldn't sleep for a minute.

Kyun rishab kyun woh saarey ehsaas ko firse zinda kar rahe ho jisey hum maar chukey hai...thought anjali (why are you bringing back those feelings which I have killed already)
Main nehi janta anjali ki tumharey past mein kaunsa dard chhupa hai lekin main itna janta hoon ki ab mere liye mere ehsaaso ko jhootlana mumkin nehi hai..said rishab to himself (I don't know what painful past you have had..but I know that I cant hide my feelings anymore from you)

It was the day of the fashion show. Anjali and arnav were very busy from the morning. Rishab also came to shantivan in the morning. Anjali came down and her eyes met rishab's. Last night was very fresh in their memory. But they quickly composed themselves and chose to ignore it for the time being as they had a greater job at hand. All three of them headed to the venue along with khushi.

It was a mega event with the name of 'Bandhan' a joint collaboration of AR Industries and RK Group. Khushi met anjali at the back stage who looked extremely nervous.

Anjali: khushiji humey bohot darr lag raha hai..(I am really scared)

Khushi: di darne ki zarurat aapko nehi baki duniya ko hai...kyunki aapke designs ke samne baki sab bilkul bina shakkar ke jalebi lagegi.. She giggled.(everyone else should be scared but not you...your designs are way better than others)

Anjali laughed too. Khushi went and joined arnav. Rishab came and stood beside anjali. The show started. The models walked the ramp adorned with jewellery designed by anjali and bridal dresses by AR Designs. Rishab kept staring at anjali. She looked so beautiful with the smile she had on her face. At the end show Rishab, Anjali and Arnav were called on the stage. Anjali was about to trip and fall as she took one step. But arnav and rishab held her from either sides at the same time. Anjali looked once at arnav and then at rishab. Arnav held one hand of hers and rishab the other and they walked the ramp with defeaning applause from the audience. The loudest was ofcourse khushi. The show was a grand success. Khushi came and hugged anjali tightly.

Khushi: diiiiiii... Mubarak ho (diii...congrats)

Arnav congratulated her. Anjali couldn't speak. She had tears in her eyes. Rishab kept looking at her.

Khushi: ab to kal ki holi ka rang hi kuch aur hoga... She turned to rishab and said: rishabji aapko bhi aana parega kal hamarey ghar holi pe..(now holi will be very special...please come to our house tomorrow for holi)

Rishab hesitated a bit.

Arnav: yes rishab..please come over tomorrow.

Rishab: yeah..well...i'll try..

Arnav said to anjali: di main gari nikaalta hoon..aap aaiye.. Khushi tum di ke sath aa jana.(I am taking the car out...you come...khushi you come with di)

Arnav left and just then khushi's phone rang. She picked up and started talking.

Rishab looked at anjali. Anjali: agar tum aaogey to hum sabko bohot achha lagega.(if you come tomorrow we all will be happy)

Rishab smiled and nodded in agreement. Rishab walked towards the door, turned back once and looked at anjali, gave a faint smile and walked away. Anjali kept staring at the door even after he went away. Khushi finished talking after a while. She came and saw anjali standing like a statue looking at the door.

Khushi: di chaley? (di lets go)

Anjali didn't hear at first. She was lost in her own world. Khushi touched her shoulder and said: di?

Anjali came back to reality: huh..huh..khushiji..

Khushi smiled and said: di chaley? Agar us laad governor ko zyada der intezar karna para to abhi pura raasta bas what the what the kartey rehenge...(ahall we go? If laad governor has to wait for any longer he will keep on doing what the what the throughout the journey)

Anjali giggled and said: aap bhi na khushiji..chaliye.(lets go..)

The next day was holi..khushi's favourite festival and arnav hated it the most. He always felt it was absolutely useless to unnecessarily put colours on each other and run around and waste time, khushi woke up very early in the morning. She looked at arnav sleeping beside her.

Arnavji dekhiye aj hum aapki subah kaise rangeen banatey hai... khushi smiled as she thought this. She quickly got a tray of colours and looked at arnav's face. (see how I make your morning colourful today)

Waise aise sotey huye laad governor kitne pyaarey laagtey hai...muttered khushi. She then took the colour in her hand and slowly spread it in his cheeks, on his forehead. Arnav could feel her soft touches even as he was asleep. He mumbled in his sleep : mm..khushi..please...sone do na...(mm...khushi...let me sleep)

Khushi controlled her laughter and continued with it.

Arnav: mm..khushi...if you don't stop... I will kiss you right now... He was saying everything sleepily with his eyes closed while khushi painted his face red. Knowing that arnav would wake up any moment khushi kept the tray away quickly. Arnav opened his eyes and first thing he did is to hold khushi's hand and pull her on his chest.

Arnav smiled and said: to kya kar rahi thi tum? (so what were you doing?)

Khushi was having a tough time controlling her laughter, more so because arnav was being romantic but he looked very funny with the colours on his face. Arnav pulled her face closer and tried to kiss her on her lips, when she finally gave up and bursted out laughing.

Arnav was taken aback. 

Arnav: what the... has kyun rahi ho?(what the....why are you laughing?)

Khushi laughed hard for a few minutes and said: agar aap hamari jagah hotey to aapki bhi aisi halat hoti.. (if you were in my place then even you would have done the same) and laughed more

Arnav: what?? Pagal ho tum? (what?? Are you mad??)

Khushi nodded her head in agreement still laughing. Just then anjali enetered their room and said: khushiji..chhotey..woh... and she also bursted out looking at arnav sitting on the bed.

Arnav was confused even more. He questioned: what??

Anjali: chhotey tumhe pata hai is waqt tum hamari jagah hotey to tum bhi aise hi hastey... arnav was shocked to hear her say the same thing like khushi. He was sure something was wrong. (you know if you were in my place you would have also laughed like this)

Arnav got up from the bed and walked towards the mirror saying: aj sabko ho kya gaya hai..whats wrong with everyone right in the morning.

He looked at the mirror and got a shock looking at his face. He yelled: what the.... And looked at khushi. Khushi ran out of the room saying: holi hai!!!

Arnav tried to chase her by takinhg two three steps forward saying: khu..khushi....but she was gone by then.

Anjali was still standing and giggling. Arnav rolled his eyes at her and she quickly controlled her laughter and walked out of the room.

Arnav muttered: khushi kumari gupta singh raizada...you are dead!