1

Lexa groaned in her pillow as she heard her phone buzzing on her nightstand

Lexa groaned in her pillow as she heard her phone buzzing on her nightstand. Since everyone now knows that she and Costia have broken up, her phone hasn't stopped buzzing. Lexa turned her head to the side and looked at her phone with one eye. Although it was afternoon already, Lexa was still laying bed with bags under her eyes. Last night she had barely slept. Ever since the breakup she hadn't left the house even. She saw the missed messages and calls of Octavia but she didn't want to respond because she knew it would be her asking to hang out or come over or something. She appreciated that people cared about her but right now she just wasn't in the mood to get out of bed. Lexa laid the phone away again and turned to her other side. She closed her eyes again for some seconds but felt she couldn't sleep any time soon. When she opened them again she saw the empty space next to her. The pillow that's not being used. The space that normally was filled but now it was empty. Lexa thought it was impossible to cry even more but tears filled her eyes again at the realisation it was over. A memory crossed her mind of Costia laying next to her, sleeping peacefully while she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Lexa didn't want to see it in front of her anymore so she turned on her back and stared at the ceiling while tears rolled down her temples. Lucky for her she didn’t get a lot of time to get lost in the thoughts because the sound of her doorbell stopped that. Lexa wiped her tears away but didn't get out of bed. She didn’t want to see anyone so she didn’t open the door. “Lexa I know u are in there and if you don’t open this door I will break it.” She heard a very familiar voice shout but still she didn't move. It wasn't until she not only heard but felt a hard push against the door, she got up from the bed. "Alright alright! Stop breaking in!" She groaned while she wrapped the blanket around her to open the door. She saw her brother looking at her, one eyebrow raised and his arms crossed. "What do you want?" Lexa asked annoyed. "I want my sister to be okay. You've locked yourself in here for a week now. This isn't healthy anymore." Lincoln said while he looked at his sister with worry in his eyes. Lexa hated it every time he did that. She didn't need his concern or him feeling sorry for her. She hated it when people looked at her like that and now almost everyone does. "Break ups in general aren't healthy." Lexa said while she rolled her eyes and got back inside because the light outside was too bright for her. Letting the door open was an unspoken message from her to Lincoln  he could come in and he did. "It isn't. I know that. Don't you think i've never had my heart broken?" He asked and Lexa looked at him with confusion. Lincoln had never mentioned any lover to her so this was new for her. "I never let you meet them but I did have some relationships. You were just so busy with your model career and you were barely home that I never let you met them. And when you were home it was too late already because then it didn't last long enough." Lincoln explained and Lexa had to let that sink in for a second. She never realised she had missed all of these things because of her career. "I'm sorry." She said genuinely because she genuinely was. She felt guilty for not being there for her brother and not asking if there were girls in his past. Every time she got home, all they talked about was her. "It's okay. It didn't matter anymore." 
"I should've known better and asked about these things. What was I thinking?" She asked and tears filled her eyes again. Lincoln saw it and he hugged her. "Hey it's okay. Really." 
"I'm a mess Lincoln." Tears wetting his shirt and Lincoln let her. He just held her while he waited for her to calm down again. "This is normal. The last few days you've been through a lot." 
"I hate it." She said and Lincoln chuckled. "I know you do." Their hug got interrupted by the doorbell ringing again and Lexa let out a huge sigh. "I'll open it." Lincoln said and Lexa agreed while she let herself fall on the couch. Lincoln opened the door and the girl in front of him definitely didn't expect him to open the door. "Can I help you?" Lincoln asked as the girl hadn't said anything yet. "Did I make a mistake or does Lexa live here?" The girl asked and Lincoln looked suspicious  at her. His sister was a famous person so he couldn't just let anyone in. "It's alright, Lincoln. Let her in." Lexa said as she recognized Octavia her voice. Lincoln made some room so she could enter and Octavia did while her eyes didn't leave the body of the handsome man in front of her. "Girl, I thought you were dead or something." Octavia said to Lexa while she pulled her into a hug. "You're not the only one." Lincoln commented and Lexa glared at him while Octavia smiled at him. When Lincoln left to the bathroom, Octavia looked at Lexa with open mouth. "What?" Lexa asked because she didn't know what that face meant. "You move fast." Octavia said with a smile but Lexa still didn't understand what she meant. It wasn't until Octavia motioned to the bathroom, she knew what Octavia was thinking. "Mister handsome." Octavia said with a grin and Lexa groaned out of disgust. "Octavia. That's my brother." She said while she hid her face in her hands. "Is he single?" She asked and Lexa softly hit her. "Can you stop? This is weird and disgusting. By the way, you know I am a lesbian right?" 
"I mean yes you told me but you never know you turn out to be bisexual or something but you just didn't know before." 
"I'm sure." 
"Okay okay. More men for me then." Octavia said and Lincoln came back from the bathroom again. "Aren't you going to introduce your friend to me?" Lincoln asked and Octavia didn't wait for Lexa but just sticked her hand out to shake Lincoln's. "Octavia Blake. Model so yes colleague but also friend of your sister of course." 
"You know that I am her brother?" 
"Yeah of course. I mean I can see the handsomeness is in the Woods family their genes. For me all the pretty genes went to me. You'll understand if you ever meet my brother. So are you a model too?" 
"No I'm not. I'm a doctor." 
"Not only handsome but smart too. Wow I'm impressed." Octavia said and Lexa cringe of the corniness but she was surprised to see it seemed to work with her brother. Because Lincoln was grinning. "Okay while you talk about whatever you want to talk, I'm going to shower." Lexa said and she left the two alone.