47

After Clarke had left everyone on the beach, none of them had seen her again. She never checked in at her hotel room that night and now everyone was waiting for her on the rehearsals before their performance of this night. “Where is she? I swear if something happened to her I will never forgive myself. I shouldn’t have left her alone in a city she has never been before.” Raven said while she walked back and forth. “I should’ve never left her side.” Lexa said while she bit her nails. “Can you all stop blaming yourself, please? Is it like a contest or something? Clarke chose to leave and I’m sure she can take care of herself.” Bellamy said to quieten everyone down. Lexa walked over to her cousin. “Raven told me you went after her. Did you see her?” Lexa asked and just when she was about to answer her cousin, tell her what happened, Clarke walked inside. “Where the hell were you? I was worried sick about you?!” Raven shouted and she pulled her friend into an embrace. Clarke had bags under her eyes and looked pale. Raven had the feeling that if she would held her friend even tighter, she would break. “What happened to you?” Raven asked when she pulled back and looked into the exhausted eyes. “I’m fine.” Clarke said with croaky voice and Lexa questioned if the blonde had slept at all. “Did you even sleep?” Raven asked what Lexa doubted. Clarke didn’t answer and pushed Raven away. “We should rehearse.” Clarke said and while she walked to the microphone she staggered. If Lexa wasn’t there to catch her she would have fallen down on the ground. “Are you alright?” Lexa asked worried and the blonde pushed her away from her. “I’m fine!” Clarke said more mad now and Lexa let go of her immediately. “Clarke, there is no chance that you’re going to rehearse. You need to catch up sleep before we need to perform tonight. You’re voice is all croaky. How can you perform with that voice? My hands are all healed now and if they weren’t, we still had Lexa. But now? We don’t have anyone here who can replace you so you go to sleep now and your voice better be back.” Bellamy ordered and Clarke knew he was right. Without saying anything, she started to walk away again. “I’ll go check on her.” Octavia said and she followed Clarke. The rest of the band started to rehearse without Clarke while Luna and Lexa watched it. Lexa was more starring in front of her than paying attention to the band and Luna noticed it. “Are you alright?” She asked and Lexa turned to her cousin. “I don’t know what I’ve done wrong but I’m obviously ruining things for Clarke here. I need to leave. I need to go back to LA and let Clarke do her thing here.” Lexa said and she  pushed herself of the wall that she was leaning against, like she was going to leave immediately. “Lexa, hold on a second. Just talk about it with her before leaving.” 
“She doesn’t want to talk. It’s clear enough then that I’m the problem here. And yes I would just confront her if it was just me and her but this affects the whole band. I don’t want to be responsible for a bad career of not only Clarke but these people too.” Lexa said while she turned her head to the band. “Discuss it with Clarke first.” Luna insisted but her cousin shook her head immediately. “I already know she won’t admit that it has something to do with me. She will just deny it and everything stays the same then. I have no other option than to leave and to give her the time she needs for whatever the hell her problem is. I’m going to pack my bags before saying goodbye to everyone.” Lexa said and Luna was debating if she should tell Lexa of her conversation with Clarke before or not. What difference would it make? Luna knew there was more behind the just protecting Lexa of Costia thing that was bothering Clarke. And Lexa was right it had to something with her so maybe it would help the blonde to be apart for some days again. So Luna just let her cousin go back her bags. 

When Clarke woke up, Octavia was sitting on the bed playing with some enveloppe

When Clarke woke up, Octavia was sitting on the bed playing with some enveloppe. “What’s the time?” Clarke asked while she searched for a clock in the hotel room but there wasn’t any. “You go up in four hours.” Octavia simply said and Clarke noticed something was off. “What’s that?” Clarke asked while she pointed at the enveloppe. “It’s for you.” Octavia said and she handed it over to Clarke.

Dear Clarke, 
I don’t know what I’ve done wrong or done to upset you. It was never my intention to do so. I know you’ll probably going to deny that the reason of your off behaviour is me. But we both know that it is me. I didn’t want to cause any more problems for your tour so I decided to leave earlier. I know how much this tour means to you and how much music means to you and I didn’t want to ruin that.  You’re a great artist and I’m proud of you. Not only for being a great singer but for being who you are. You’re an amazing, sweet and caring person and I’m so thankful that I met you in my life. I hope this isn’t the end of us and whatever is going on, we will fix it. I just think it’s smarter to give you the space you need and I hope one day you will be able to explain what is going on in your head. But for now, do not worry about that. You have thousands of people counting on you. It takes as long as it takes. 

Only love x
Lexa