59

Lexa did what Clarke had asked from her and she went back to Costia

Lexa did what Clarke had asked from her and she went back to Costia. She was already sleeping when Lexa got back and Lexa went the guest room as quiet as she could to not wake her up. The next morning Costia was surprised when she saw Lexa coming down the stairs. “What are you doing here? You were at Luna’s.” Costia said and she got up from her chair and walked closer to Lexa. “No. I didn’t go to Luna. I met up with Clarke.” Lexa said and she saw the hurt in Costia’s eyes. “Nothing happened. We just talked.” Lexa said and Costia nodded slowly. “I didn’t sleep last night. My mind kept me awake but I achieved some clarity in my head.” 
“Clarity about what?” 
“About us and me.” Lexa said and Costia swallowed the lump down her throat, scared of what is going to happen. “I love you Costia. I really do.” Lexa said and Cosita let out a breath of relief while going closer to cup Lexa’s face. “And I love you too.” Costia said face full of joy but it didn’t take long for it to fade away when Lexa’s face didn’t show joy at all. It showed guilt. And before Costia could lean in to kiss her, Lexa pushed Costia’s arms down, her face gliding out of Costia’s hands. And it was then that Costia realised it wasn’t only her face slipping out of her hands. It was all of Lexa that slipped out of her hands. “Hear me out.” Lexa said with cracky voice and tears in her eyes. “I love you. I always loved you and I’ll always love you. We had 4 amazing years together and I don’t regret a single moment of them but it’s not the same anymore. We’re not the same anymore. You were everything I needed. Everything I wanted but that was because I hadn’t seen the world without you. And now I have. And I met new people… Like Clarke. I’m in love with her. At first I didn’t allow myself to feel anything. Don’t fall in love with a straight girl right? But I’m not so convinced anymore that she is a straight girl. And I need to try and I need to make sure I don’t let this opportunity go. And the fact that I want her says enough about us. I didn’t mean for this to happen or to hurt you but I did. But I can’t pretend I don’t want Clarke.” Lexa said and a tear rolled over Costia’s cheek. “Please don’t do this.” Costia begged and she tried to grab Lexa’s hands but Lexa pulled away. “I have to. I can’t hold this back. I want to but I can’t. I’m sorry.” Lexa said and Costia nodded while she swallowed the lump down her throat. “I’ll get my stuff then.” Costia said with a dead voice and she walked to the room to get her stuff and Lexa didn’t held her back.