64

Clarke hadn’t left Raven’s side ever since she arrived at the hospital and because Clarke didn’t leave, Lexa didn’t leave either. She wanted to be there for Clarke and Raven too. Lexa called Luna to say what happened and her cousin was on her way to the hospital too. Clarke was sitting by Raven’s side, holding her hand tight while Raven tried to hold herself together but the anesthesia left her body more and more and she could feel the pain stronger by the minute. Clarke felt Raven was trying to keep strong of how tight she held Clarke’s hand but the blonde didn’t say anything of it because she knew her friends doesn’t like it when people have pity for her. Still she didn’t succeed in not looking at her friend without pity in her eyes if she saw her suffer like that. Raven knew that and that’s why she avoided eye contact. They all looked up when they heard a knock on the door and saw Lincoln walking in together with Luna. Lexa got up from her chair and hugged them immediately. They hugged her back before Luna went to the other side of the bed and took Raven’s other hand. “I’m fine.” Raven said with unsteady voice, what betrayed her lie. “I know.” Luna said and they looked at each other for some seconds. Their gazes got interrupted by Lincoln’s cough to get their attention back. They all knew Lincoln was here as doctor now instead of visitor by his clothes. “We tried to do everything we could to save that leg but sometimes it’s too broken. Raven, the chance that your leg will be the same as before the accident without any complications is very little. As doctor I would say never say never but as your I don’t want you to give false hope. It’s easier if you look at alternatives immediately and look for someone who can help you with occupational therapy. It’s very important to not slacken that leg if you want to get most out of it that’s possible.” Lincoln said and Raven looked in front of her while letting it sink in. “I’m sorry Raven.” He said and it brought Raven back to attention. “Will I ever be able to walk again?” She asked with dead voice and Clarke’s heart stinged to hear her friend like this. “Your spine is messed up too but with the right medical rehabilitation I think it’s possible. This isn’t the first time we have seen this and honestly you’re lucky you’re paralysed. I know it’s hard to look it from the bright side at the moment but try to. We’ve seen cases like you and most of them can walk. They do have a brace though but they can walk independent. I think now it’s most important that you give the leg rest and don’t try to force it’s healing process. You can’t live alone with an injury like that.” Lincoln explained. “She can come live with me. It’s not a problem.” Clarke immediately said and Raven wanted to protest but Clarke held her back. “Didn’t you hear him?! You can’t live alone. With who are you going to live, Raven? I’m your family.” Clarke said and Raven nodded after a while. “Okay. Thanks.” Raven said and there was another knock on the door. “Hello. A lady named Clarke Griffin called me.” The man said and Clarke got up from the chair to shake his hand. “I’m Clarke Griffin.” Clarke said and the man nodded at her. “I’m inspector Charles Pike. I’m here to interrogate to see what has happened.” He said and he looked Raven’s leg. “I assume you’re the victim here so if it’s okay I will listen to you if you remember something of it.” He said and he sat down in the chair, Clarke had sit in before. “Can you leave us alone for a second?” He asked but Clarke didn’t move. She was frozen to the ground. It wasn’t until Lexa reached for her hand that she could walk out there together with the brunette. The moment they were outside, Clake flew in Lexa’s arms, desperate for her embrace. 

In reality it took like 15 minutes for Pike to listen to everything Raven had to say but for Clarke it looked like an eternity

In reality it took like 15 minutes for Pike to listen to everything Raven had to say but for Clarke it looked like an eternity. So when the door finally opened again, a weight fell off her shoulders. The man nodded quickly before he started to walk away and Clarke looked confused at him. She ran after him and held him back. “Don’t you need to listen to other things?” Clarke asked, thinking of Costia’s message. “Were you a witness?” He asked and Clarke shook her head. “Then why should I listen to you?” 
“Because I might know who is behind this.” Clarke said and she got her phone out of her pocket to show the message of Costia. “According to Miss Reyes she saw the man who caused it. I will interrogate him now and where he was last night at the hour of the facts.” He said and Clarke still didn’t understand how Raven could have seen Murphy but she got a threat message of Costia. “What about this?” Clarke asked and she gave him her phone. “What’s this?” He asked after he read it and handed the phone over to Clarke again. “A girl who tries to get revenge. She might have done it through Raven to hurt me.” Clarke said and Pike looked at her for some seconds. “I know this is a hard situation for all of you and your minds are probably working fully but I can’t arrest someone who was not seen by the victim. Miss Reyes is very sure she saw the man who drove the car. Who should I listen to? The lady who wasn’t represented at the place where it happened and got a message of someone mentioning Raven but not admitting it’s her work or the victim self who identified the subject. I can’t help you with your private problems Miss Griffin. I’m here for Miss Reyes case.” He said and he gave her a small nod before walking away again. Clarke sighed and walked outside too. She needed a fresh breathe. She wasn’t long outside or she saw the brunette walking towards her. “Are you alright?” She asked and Clarke didn’t have the energy to hide her suffer anymore. “He didn’t do anything with Costia’s text. He based himself on what Raven saw.” Clarke said and Lexa didn’t say anything. “It’s her right? Or do you think I’m getting crazy too?” Clarke asked and there was desperation in her voice. “Yeah. It’s her.” Lexa said and Clarke took a sheaky breathe. “She won’t stop  until she gets what she wants and that’s you. And I have you. Where will this end?” Clarke asked and she looked at Lexa with tears in her eyes. “I can’t risk her hurting the ones I love. As long as she is free as a bird and can do whatever she wants, I can’t be with you. I want to. I don’t want to lose you now I have you but I can’t risk my friends and family’s health.” Clarke said and Lexa had seen it coming. Clarke kissed her cheek, longer than other times, scared of letting go but she had too. “I’m sorry.” She whispered while a tear rolled down her cheek and she walked away.