53

Clarke hadn’t seen Bellamy since the kiss

Clarke hadn’t seen Bellamy since the kiss. He hadn’t showed up for breakfast and at the airport was the first time she saw him again. He didn’t even look at her and avoided Clarke’s gazes. First Clarke left it like that but when she saw there was a free spot next to Bellamy on the plane, she sit down on it. He finally looked at her and Clarke couldn’t read his face. Was it sadness, disappointment or what? “Hey.” Clarke said quietly and he plastered a small smile on his face. “Hi.” He said quiet and Clarke had never seen him like this before. “I think we should talk about what happened.” Clarke said and Bellamy just nodded while he looked down at his hands. Clarke followed his eyes and saw he was pulling the loose pieces of the skin around his nails. “I didn’t know why I kissed you. My head was full and I guess I did something impulsive.” 
“Do you always kiss someone when your head is full?” Bellamy asked without looking Clarke in the eyes. “No. This is the first time.” Clarke said and she looked confused at Bellamy because she didn’t know why he asked that question. “Maybe it meant something then?” He asked and he finally looked her in the eyes again. Clarke didn’t say anything for a second and just looked back at him. She didn’t know what to say because she wasn’t sure what he meant with that so Bellamy just continued, “You keep on saying ‘I kissed you’ or ‘I shouldn’t have kissed you’, but for a kiss you’re with two. I didn’t push you away, I even answered the kiss and it didn’t feel wrong. Or is that just me?” He asked and Clarke could see some sadness in his eyes and something else. Hope? “What are you trying to say here?” Clarke asked to get some clearance. “You don’t have to be sorry for kissing me. It fitted in the moment and it didn’t feel wrong at all so why apologize?” Bellamy said and Clarke found it confusing why he was smiling at her. “Bellamy… I- I didn’t want to kiss you.” Clarke said softly and the boy his smile faded away. “But you did, right? It must mean something.” 
“It means that I was very confused and I didn’t know what to do anymore.” 
“But why me then?” 
“Because you were there for me in that moment and it happened in a moment of weakness. I’m sorry if I gave you a wrong signal.” Clarke said and Bellamy plastered a smile on his face. “No hard feelings, right? It’s not like I’m in love with you.” Bellamy said and Clarke nodded. “Good.” 

” 

Clarke had looked forward to their last concert abroad and couldn’t wait to get back to Los Angeles. Finally being able to talk to Lexa again and explain things that went through her head. So now she stood full with enthusiasm and energy on the stage, ready for their last song. 

I might not be the same but that’s not important
No freedom til we’re equal
Damn right I support it
I don’t know
And I can’t change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to
And I can’t change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to
(Same love- Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert)

Clarke looked around in the crowd, taking the audience in. She could never get used to the feeling they gave her. While her eyes were roaming over the crowd she saw different posters. Some said they loved Arkadia, others were a love confession to one of the band members. These weren’t new to Clarke. At every concert those were there but now she noticed other posters too. Posters she hadn’t noticed before and now there were many. ‘We love Bellarke’. Clarke knew it was a ship name between her and Bellamy. She had heard it before and fans had speculated about a possible relationship between singer and pianist but it wasn’t strange. There were also speculations between Raven and Bellamy. But now it were too many posters saying the same thing and Clarke knew it was because of the photo. Of course it was and of course they thought it was real now. Clarke looked over at Bellamy who looked at her with a grin. She knew he noticed the same and he came closer to her. He laid his arm on her shoulders and pulled her closer to her body while placing a kiss on top of her head. The whole crowd started to scream and Clarke knew he was doing this on purpose. She didn’t want to make a scene there so she played along with it until they went backstage and she pushed him off of her. “What the hell do you think you were doing?!” Clarke asked mad but Bellamy was only laughing and smiling. “Giving them what they want. You saw the posters too. They want Bellarke.” 
“Don’t be ridiculous!” Clarke said and she wanted to storm off but Bellamy held her back. “What’s so ridiculous, Clarke? They saw the picture and they are happy now. We make people happy. Imagine how big this could become. People love these kind of couples.” 
“I’m not going to lie in front of the whole world. We are not together and we won’t ever be! Got it?!” Clarke said and she looked at Bellamy for a few seconds but the boy only clenched his jaw. The whole band had listened to their fight but didn’t say anything. They just looked how Clarke stormed off.