22

Lexa woke up with a headache and her stomach hurting really bad. She heard waves crashing in in the background and the bright light made it more painful for her head. She groaned as she tried to open her eyes. When she finally could, she saw Clarke was sleeping on her again. The same as she did the morning of Octavia her party. Then she looked around and she saw Raven sleeping on Luna too. They were all lying on the sand of the beach. Nothing covered them and Lexa saw it was the next day already. Clarke woke up from Lexa’s movements and looked at the brunette’s face in shock. Their faces were close and Clarke’s eyes automatically roamed over Lexa’s lips. But before any of them could do anything, the sound of someone groaning next to them interrupted them. They looked aside and saw how Raven got up from Luna and looked around her. “Where the hell are we?” Raven asked while she massaged her temples so she would get distracted of the pain in her head. Neither one of them couldn’t say anything because no memories of last night were found. “Last thing I remember is that we left Pacific Park and we walked in the streets.” Clarke said while she got off of Lexa. “We went to a club and you guys got super drunk.” Luna said while she sat up now too. “What do you mean ‘you’?” Clarke asked. “Yes you. I didn’t get that wasted as you guys got.” 
“But what about me? How can’t I remember anything?” Lexa asked. “Hun, is there sand in your ears? You got drunk.” Luna said and Lexa was shocked by it. “But… That’s not possible. I don’t drink alcohol.” 
“That’s what I said last night too but you didn’t listen once Clarkie over there” Luna pointed at Clarke, “suggested to do body shots. No one could hold you back so now you have to face the consequences.” Luna said. Clarke and Lexa shared an uncomfortable gaze. “That explains the hickey.” Raven said while she pointed at Clarke. Clarke looked down her body and saw the purple bruise marking her skin. Lexa let it all sink in and suddenly she felt the urge to puke. She got up and ran to the water. The moment her bare feet hit the cold water of the sea, she started to puke. She could hear Clarke shout her name and not much later she could feel how her hair was getting hold back by the blonde. After a time of both of them thinking it would never end, it finally stopped. “Are you okay?” Clarke asked while she laid her hand on Lexa’s back. Lexa could only nod. “I’ll get you some water, hang on.” Clarke said and she ran away. Not much later she was back again with some water as she told. Lexa took it and thanked her but she couldn’t face Clarke after hearing all of that. Clarke noticed something was wrong. “Are you okay?” She asked as she saw Lexa staring at the sunset the whole time, not facing her a single time. Lexa didn’t reply immediately and it worried Clarke. She saw how the brunette clenched her jaw. “I need to tell you something.” Lexa said softly and it made Clarke scared. Lexa finally looked in the blonde’s eyes. Clarke could see the tears in her eyes and the way the brunette clenched her jaw. Lexa took Clarke’s hand in hers and guided them out of the sea so they could sit on the sand. Lexa pulled Clarke with her as she sat down. Lexa held her knees close to her body with her arms before starting to talk. "I never told you the reason why I don't drink." Lexa said and Clarke just listened. "The reason why Lincoln and I are so close to Luna is because we lived together for some years. Luna's parents raised us until I got noticed by a model scout and moved to LA to make my career happen. Lincoln moved out to go to university. But until then Luna's parents took the role of my parents over because my parents died in a car accident." Lexa said and Clarke's heart fell in her chest hearing it. She knew exactly how it felt to lose a parent because she lost her dad but she could not imagine what it must feel like losing both of them. She wasn't able to react so Lexa just continued. "My dad was an alcoholic. He basically started drinking after I came out as gay. So one evening, Lincoln and I watched them leaving to a restaurant because it was date night. They had those on the first friday night of every month. But we never saw them returning. He got drunk in the restaurant and because my mom didn't have her license and my dad got very bossy when he got drunk, she stepped with him in that car. Later on that night, Lincoln and I got to hear that he crashed the car into a tree. Both died immediately of the hit." Lexa said with cracks in her voice of trying to hold her tears but one escaped and rolled over her cheek. The whole time, Lexa had been looking at the sea while talking but when she felt Clarke's hand on hers, their fingers intertwining. Her head automatically went to Clarke's side, looking in those blue eyes she could drown in. "It's not your fault." Clarke whispered softly and Lexa wasn't able to hold it in anymore. Lexa didn't know how Clarke did it but the blonde let her feel so many things. Things she doesn't want to feel or show while others are present. But she simply can't help it when she's with Clarke. She couldn't hold back the tears and let them all stream over her face. Clarke pulled Lexa into a hug and let the brunette sob against her shoulder. Lexa let it all out, all the sadness she felt. After she calmed down, they pulled away again. Clarke took Lexa's face in her hands and rubbed her her tears away with her thumbs. They stared in each other's eyes for some seconds until Clarke let go of her head. She took Lexa's hand instead and looked at the water and Lexa rested her head on Clarke's shoulder while she stared at the water asswell.