90

Clarke shot up, sweaty and heavily breathing. She immediately looked to her right to see if Lexa was still there and when she saw the brunette peacefully sleeping, it calmed her a bit. She was glad Lexa didn’t notice her waking up from a nightmare and tried to calm her breathing to not wake her girlfriend up. She kept on repeating Lexa was fine in her head to let herself calm down. She carefully slipped out of the bed, putting the covers diligent over Lexa’s sleeping body again before walking out of the bedroom. She walked to the kitchen and made herself some tea before sitting around the table, holding the damping cup with both her hands to warm up a bit. She was shivering, her shirt still drenched of the sweat. She looked at the clock hanging on her wall and saw it was 4am but she didn’t feel like that at all. She was wide awake and didn’t feel like sleeping anymore. Not only because she wasn’t sleepy but because she didn’t want to close her eyes again, seeing what she saw before. Clarke was staring in front of her until she heard movement on the stairs. She turned her head to see Raven coming down the stairs, looking at her like she just got busted sneaking out of the house. “Clarke.” Raven startled before walking the few last steps of the stairs. “What are you doing here?” Raven asked out of breathe and Clarke didn’t know if it was because of the stairs or because she was nervous.  “I couldn’t sleep.” Clarke said with croaky voice and Raven came closer. “Are you alright?” 
“Yeah just a nightmare.” Clarke said and she sipped of her mug of tea while Raven sat down next to her. “That bad that you can’t sleep of it anymore?” Raven asked and Clarke didn’t say anything for a while. She had to swallow the lump down her throat before starting to speak and looking at Raven. “Lately I… I go back to the day I got abducted and Lexa got shot. Only she never makes it in my dreams. I’ve seen her die in my arms so many times and it always brings the hurt again of that moment she passed out and I saw the darkness around me.” Clarke explains and Raven rubs circles on her back to sooth her. “I’m sorry you had to go through that Clarke.” 
“It’s okay, Raven. I’m fine. Lexa is safe and I am too. That’s all that matters. And Costia is gone too right.” Clarke said while she tried to fight the tears but Raven knew her best friend. She could read her like a map and knew Clarke’s was having a hard time. Without saying anything about it, she pulled Clarke into a hug. What made it harder for Clarke to keep it in. “You reek like sex.” Clarke said and she pulled away, using it as excuse to not make it harder on herself. Raven didn’t know what to say, she opened her mouth multiple times but nothing came out of it. “I know about you and Luna. Don’t worry.” Clarke said and Raven’s face turned into a confused one. “How?” 
“Lexa and I were watching you guys. She made a bet that Luna would kiss you so I guess I need to thank you for the 10 dollars she owes me.” 
“Excuse me?! You were spying on us?” Raven asked with raised eyebrows and crossed arms. “Yes we did. And you left us shook with your dominance, I must say. Miss I’m straight.” Clarke said with a grin and Raven hitted her arm what made Clarke’s grin go even wider. “You’re the one to talk. Before Lexa you were Miss I’m straight too.” Raven said and Clarke didn’t say anything because she knew she was right. “So you guys went all the way already?” Clarke asked and a huge smile appeared on Raven’s face. “Okay yes that face just screams ‘I just had sex’.” Clarke said and Raven had to laugh. “Why are you here even? Shouldn’t you be upstairs with your lover?” Clarke teased and Raven rolled her eyes. “I was just getting some water.”  Raven said and Clarke looked at her with a questionable gaze. “Why didn’t Luna come get some? She shouldn’t let you walk too much at night with your leg.” Clarke said and Raven rolled her eyes. “As you can see I’m perfectly capable of doing it. Besides I think Luna would be the one now who would have a funny walk.” Raven said with a grin and she winked at Clarke with a smug face. Clarke was just shook and had to laugh. “I’m happy to see you happy.” Clarke said to Raven and they shortly hugged again. “What about you and Lexa though? How far are you two standing on that? Went all the way yet?” Raven asked while wiggling her eyebrows and Clarke had to scoff. “Kinda…” The blonde replied and she looked down her mug again. “What do you mean kinda? It’s yes or no. Was it bad?” Raven asked and Clarke choked on her tea. “It was everything but bad.” Clarke clarified seriously. “Then what is causing the maybe.” 
“Well she did all the way with me but I haven’t yet.” Clarke said and Raven was in shock. “Girl what? Why not? I’ve seen that body of hers, I’ve seen the abs. How can you keep your hands off of that?” 
“Because I need to. Our first time was the night before got your accident. Then you were on my mind and then I got abducted and got in jail. And now Lexa is injured so I don’t want to hurt her.” Clarke said and Raven nodded that she understood but she couldn’t say anything because Lexa opened the door of the bedroom. With sleepy eyes and messy hair, Lexa stood in the doorway. “Clarke, it’s 4:30am. Why aren’t you sleeping?” Lexa asked with croaky voice and eyes half open. “I couldn’t sleep but I’ll come to bed now.” Clarke said and both Raven and Clarke got up from the kitchen table. They said good night to Raven before walking in the bedroom again. Clarke lifted the covers so Lexa could get in bed easier and Clarke joined her soon after. “Can you hold me?” Lexa asked with a little voice, eyes already closed. Clarke smiled while she carefully positioned behind Lexa to hold her. And both drifted back to sleep pretty soon, Clarke’s mind set to peace now she was holding Lexa.

 And both drifted back to sleep pretty soon, Clarke’s mind set to peace now she was holding Lexa