30

Lexa needed answers so she didn’t wait for the next day. There was no way she could sleep anyways so she drove immediately to the house of Luna’s parents. She didn’t care if she ruined their sleep, she needed to know. Not only for herself but for Clarke too. Lexa basically jumped out of the car and ran to the door, pressing the doorbell multiple times because every second that passed was too much. She was relieved when she heard the lock of the door opening. “Lexa, what are you doing here?” Luna asked with sleepy voice and Lexa didn’t expect Luna in front of her. Lexa didn’t answer immediately so Luna said while she looked at the time on her watch, “Didn’t you have a photoshoot in the morning? It’s super late.” Luna said and she rubbed her eyes. “Are your parents home?”
“What’s wrong?” Luna asked when she noticed Lexa wasn’t okay. “What happened to your hands?” Luna asked as she took the hands in her and looked at her knuckles. Lexa didn’t answer and just walked passed her cousin into the house. “Where are they?!” Lexa asked and she was about run up the stairs but Luna had pushed her against the wall before she could. “Let me go!” Lexa screamed while she tried to get out of Luna’s grip. “What’s wrong?” Luna asked but Lexa didn’t listen. Becca came downstairs of the noise and saw how Lexa got free out of Luna’s grip and pushed her daughter against the wall now. “Lexa! Let go of her!” Becca demanded and Lexa slowly did while she turned her attention to Becca now. “What’s going on?” Becca asked while she let her eyes roam over the two girl who she saw as daughters while only Luna was her biological daughter. “Is it true? My parents weren’t the only ones who died in that car accident?” Lexa asked and neither of them said anything. No noises were made by any of them and Lexa waited for them to say anything but nothing came. “Answer me!” Lexa demanded and Becca and Luna shared a gaze. Lexa noticed it and knew what it meant. Her breaths started to shorten, while she thought of it. “Lexa hunny, sit down for a moment.” Becca said while she came closer to Lexa but every time Becca set a step closer to Lexa, Lexa took one away of her. “Give me a clear answer.” Lexa said and Becca nodded before saying, “Yes. There was someone else who died because of it. He was cycling there and when the car started to slip, he got hit by it.” 
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Lexa asked, mouth set in a hard line. “Because you were already hurt by it. You just heard that your parents died. And you already hated your father for it so I didn’t want to make you hate him even more.” 
“You’re wrong in that. I never hated my dad. I hated myself for it.” Lexa said and Becca looked defeated at the ground so Lexa turned to Luna now. “You knew?” She asked and Luna nodded. Lexa laughed bitterly while she shook her head. She couldn’t believe her ears. “You lied to me for years.” 
“We didn’t lie. We just kept something of the story out.” Becca said. 
“Why would you do something like that?! They took another life. I-...” Lexa said but she couldn't finish her sentence. I took another life and I didn’t ever know of it until now. “When are you going to see that none of this is your fault?” Luna asked and Lexa just shook her head again while tears filled her eyes. “It is my fault. If I wasn’t born, this all wouldn’t have happened.” 
“You want to look at it that way? If your parents never had sex, it wouldn’t have happened either. If grandma and grandpa didn’t have children, this all wouldn’t have happened. If they took another road or another restaurant, it all wouldn’t have happened. This isn’t your fault!” Luna said but Lexa ignored it. “Does Lincoln know of it?” Lexa asked to Becca and she shook her head. Lexa was about to leave again because she got the answers she wanted but Luna held her back. “Wait. How did you find out?” Luna asked and a lump formed in Lexa’s throat, thinking of Clarke. “It was Clarke’s dad.” 
“What do you mean? Did he tell you that? How does he know?” Luna asked confused. “No. He is the man that got hit by the car. The other victim.” Lexa said and Luna’s mouth fell open. She wanted to say something but didn’t know what so she let Lexa walk pass her, out of the house.