37

Clarke was nervous while she was waiting at the gate where the flight of LA landed

Clarke was nervous while she was waiting at the gate where the flight of LA landed. They hadn’t seen each other in 2 months. Only through facetime, calls and texts they contacted each other daily. Everytime they stood on the stage, the time went by fast and she couldn’t believe they were already 2 months performing but every time they got off that stage, time went by slowly. She ached for being back at her home in Los Angeles, seeing and touching her mom, Octavia and of course Lexa. Getting to see different cultures and countries was of course fun too but after awhile she started to miss her own country and hearing everyone around her speak english. It was good to finally have more people to speak to than just the band members. Clarke’s leg was bouncing up and down while she was waiting in front of the gate. “Jesus, can you stop?” Raven asked while she looked at the bouncing leg and Clarke forced herself to keep it still while sighing. Just when Clarke was about to ask why they weren’t here yet, they saw two familiar faces walking through the gate. Clarke’s breathing stopped for a second and it was like everything around her froze. It were just her and Lexa looking each other in the eyes and smiling. Without thinking, Clarke shot up from her seat and ran to Lexa to jump in her arms. Lexa had to drop all her baggage to free her arms and catch Clarke. The moment their bodies collide, Clarke let out a sigh of relief to finally be able to touch her in real life again. The scent of her shampoo hit her nostrils immediately and Clarke noticed it was still the same shampoo as two months back and Clarke couldn’t be more happy about that. Clarke pulled back to look into the green eyes from close and she touched Lexa’s cheek with her hand to make sure she wasn’t dreaming this. She had counted the days and finally the day had come that they saw each other in person again. “You’re really here.” Clarke whispered and Lexa smiled at her. “Yes. I’m here.” Lexa said and they hugged tightly again. “I missed you.” They both said to each other and when Clarke opened her eyes again she realised they weren’t alone. She saw Octavia in the arms of her brother and Luna in the arms of Raven. “Luna?” Clarke asked and she pulled away out of Lexa’s hug. She looked at Lexa’s face because she knew they were in a fight before. “It’s okay. We are kinda good.” Lexa said and Clarke quirked her eyebrow. “Kinda?” Clarke asks. “Some things are hard to process but I’m sure we will get through it.” Lexa said and Luna and Raven pulled away from the hug. They saw Clarke and Lexa watching them. “I invited her.” Raven said and Clarke walked to Luna to hug her too while Lexa greeted the rest of the band. After Luna, Octavia jumped into Clarke’s arms. “My superstar!” Octavia shouted excited and Clarke had to laugh. She missed her goofy best friend and was glad to finally have her here with her again. “You never know who I texted and is in Paris.” Octavia said while she pulled back to look in Clarke’s eyes. Clarke shrugged because it could literally be anyone. “Niylah and Josephine.” Octavia said excited and Clarke’s eyes widened but her mouth curved in a smile too at hearing those names. “No way!” Clarke said excited and Octavia nodded her head to confirm. “Wait a minute.” Lexa said while she stepped closer to them after hearing their conversation. “Josephine Lightbourne you mean?” Lexa asked and Clarke looked surprised at Lexa to know her. “Yes. How do you know her?” Clarke asked and Octavia answered for her, “In the model world everyone knows everyone kinda.” 
“Have you ever worked with Josephine?” Clarke asked to Lexa now and the brunette swallowed before answering. “Well not really worked with but one time she had to take my place when I couldn’t go to the photoshoot.” Lexa said but she let the part out where Josephine got a big deal because of that photoshoot that was meant to be for her. But she didn’t want to tell that because it seemed like both Octavia and Clarke liked her. “But from where do you know her?” Lexa asked Clarke. “Through Murphy actually. For his birthday he threw a party one time and Josephine was there too. We had so much fun that night that we stayed in touch but because all of our busy lives we don’t see each other that often anymore.” Clarke explained. “A bit like us then?” Lexa said and Clarke laughed. “Yeah exactly.” She said and Lexa felt a sting in her stomach. She couldn’t help the question if this was just normal to Clarke and what they had, that she had that with everyone. “And Niylah is one of my closest friends.” Octavia filled in. “Okay but after your long flight you both must be exhausted so let’s get back to the hotel.” Clarke suggested and they all agreed.