73

“Where are you going?” Raven asked when she saw Clarke was wearing clothes she wouldn’t wear for home

“Where are you going?” Raven asked when she saw Clarke was wearing clothes she wouldn’t wear for home. “Just… going out.” Clarke shrugged and Raven looked with narrowed eyes at the blonde. “Going out where?” Raven asked and Clarke sighed. “My mom.” Clarke lied and Raven detected her face to see if she was lying or not. “Why didn’t you just tell me right away?” Raven asked and Clarke’s heart was beating fast in her chest. She hates to lie to her but she had to. She couldn’t tell Raven she was going to see Murphy to ask him what happened. Raven would explode. “I didn’t know it was that important.” 
“Why doesn’t Abby just come here?” 
“She was about to but when I told her Luna was here too, she didn’t want to bother you guys.” Clarke said while she looked at Luna who listened to the conversation. “You don’t need to change plans because of me. I can leave.” Luna said while she was about to get up from the couch but Clarke motioned her to sit down. “It’s already done and don’t worry about it. I’ll tell her you said hi and she should swing by tomorrow or something. Okay?” Clarke asked to Raven and her friend nodded, still suspicious about everything. Clarke walked out of the house as fast as she could so there wouldn’t come any more questions. 

Clarke slammed her fists on Murphy’s door

Clarke slammed her fists on Murphy’s door. “Open up! I’m not going to stop until you let me in and give me some answers!” Clarke shouted and she kept her promise when Murphy didn’t answer. She kept on knocking and shouting for 10 minutes long until Murphy opened the door. “I told you to not come here.” Murphy said with annoyance and not even a second later, Clarke threw her first at his face. She hit him hard for everything he had done to Raven. Clarke shook her hand lose when she felt the pain in her hand. Murphy spitted the blood he had in his mouth on the ground. “Well I guess I deserved that.” He said with dead voice and Clarke was tempted to hit him again but her hand hurted too much. “If you got what you deserved you wouldn’t be here but in prison. Why aren’t you in prison?” Clarke asked with mad voice and Murphy sighed without answering. Clarke clenched her fist in the front of his shirt and pushed him against the door with a thud. “Answer me!” She shouted and Murphy raised his hands in the air to show he won’t fight back. “Alright alright. Let’s just talk inside.” Murphy said and Clarke let go of him so he could walk inside and Clarke followed him. He walked to the fridge and grabbed an ice pack out of it. Just when Clarke expected him to lay it on his face, he threw it at her. “For your hand.” He said when Clarke looked confused at him and Clarke scoffed. “Suddenly you care about someone’s welfare?” 
“I always cared.” Murphy spit back and Clarke laughed. “Oh really? You hit Raven with a car on purpose! She could have died or ended up in a wheelchair!” Clarke shouted. “Don’t you think I know that?! I had no choice!” Murphy shouted back. “You always have a choice.” 
“It was this or Emori got killed.” Murphy said and Clarke looked confused at him. “What are you talking about?” 
“Your girlfriend’s ex girlfriend is a psycho. That’s what I’m talking about. She threatened me in my own house. She abducted Emori. Made a video of her pointing a gun at her head and showed it to me. If I didn’t do what she told me to, Emori would’ve died.” 
“Raven could have died to.” 
“But she didn’t.”
“Why are you not in prison? Raven testified against you. She recognized you and reported you to the police.” 
“Didn’t Lexa tell you?” Murphy asked and Clarke was confused. “Tell me what?” 
“Costia’s dad is the inspector. She assured me that if I hit Raven with the car, nothing would happen to me nor Emori. He put a mistake in my file and the judges couldn’t do anything but let me go.” 
“That’s why he wouldn’t take her as suspect.” Clarke said mostly to herself, thinking out loud. “Why did she chose you though? How does she even know you?” 
“She said I had to thank Josephine for giving her information about me and Raven and Raven and you. She talked about some party and you kissing Lexa on the roof or something.” 
“Has she tried to reach you ever since?” Clarke asked and Murphy shook his head. “Okay. Thanks for telling me this.” She said and she was about to leave again. “Are you going to tell Raven?” Murphy asked and Clarke stared at him for some seconds. She could see he felt guilty for what he had done. “I don’t think so. You picked Emori over her again. Not only based on your relationship. You were able to pick Emori’s life over Raven’s. I don’t think it’s good for her to know that.” Clarke said and Murphy nodded. The moment Clarke set a step outside, she was pulled against someone and felt a knife against her throat. “Surpriseee.” Costia said while she pointed a gun to Murphy so he wouldn’t try and do something. Murphy raised his arms in the air while she walked closer to her van. “If you try to do anything I will shoot you.” Costia said and Murphy could only watch how Costia pressed a garment with chloroform against Clarke’s mouth and how Clarke passed out. Costia dragged her in the van and drove away with creaking tires.