97

Clarke was holding Lexa’s hand while the brunette was driving back home from the interview

Clarke was holding Lexa’s hand while the brunette was driving back home from the interview. Clarke glanced at her, looking at her girlfriend with a smile. At first Lexa kept on concentrating on the road but when she felt Clarke’s eyes on her, she looked at Clarke. “What?” Lexa asked while she chuckled. Clarke kissed the back of Lexa’s hand. “I love you.” She said and it made Lexa’s smile wider. “I love you too. Today was fun don’t you think?” Lexa asked while she fixed her eyes on the road again. “Yeah it was. It felt good to tell our perspective and just showing you’re mine and mine only to the whole world.” Clarke said with a smile while she held Lexa’s hand tighter now. “Oh is that so?” Lexa asked amused. “Bet your ass it is.” Clarke said and she looked out of the window to the city lights lighting up the darkness in the distance. “What do you think of taking a bath when we get home and head to bed after?” Lexa asked, not letting go of Clarke’s hand. Clarke turned her head to the brunette again, looking at her with a smile. “That sounds lovely.” 
“I have a surprise for you tomorrow by the way. That’s why we can’t go to sleep too late.” Lexa said and Clarke looked at her with a surprised face. “What now? You already gave me a surprise. And I didn’t give you anything back yet.” Clarke said and she felt guilty. Lexa held her hand tighter. “Stop Clarke. That’s not true. You’ve been giving me lots of love and you saved my life.” Lexa scoffed and she saw Clarke was going to protest but she didn’t let her. “No you did Clarke. Without you I wouldn’t be here holding your hand and driving this car.” 
“Okay let’s not talk about that.” Clarke said and she looked outside her window her, facing away of Lexa. Everytime they would bring that up she feels an empty hole inside her because there had been a big possibility it did end like that. “Okay I think I made my point but it’s true Clarke. Don’t you ever say you don’t give me anything back because you give me everything. You give me love, life and happiness. The least I can do is give something bad. And I like surprising you, you’re face is cute when you’re surprised.” Lexa said with a smile and Clarke faced her again with narrowed eyes and a smile on her face. “Besides.” Lexa started again. “I don’t expect anything back when i give you a surprise. I give you a surprise because I love you, not because I want to give you something back. You don’t owe me anything either because of this. It’s just what people do when they love someone.” Lexa said and Clarke kissed the back of her hand again. “I love you too.” Clarke said and Lexa focussed on the road again with smile on her face. 

Clarke woke up but didn’t open her eyes

Clarke woke up but didn’t open her eyes. She blindly searched for Lexa beside her but when her hand never touched a body, she opened her eyes to see the spot next to her was empty. She sat up more and rubbed her eyes. “Lexa?” She called with croaky voice. “I’m here.” She heard Lexa shout and Clarke got up from the bed to go look. “What are you doing?” Clarke asked while she saw bags with food and drinks in the hallway. “I’m preparing for the surprise. Did I make to much sound that it woke you?” Lexa asked and she laid her things down to walk to Clarke and pull her by the waist to pull her in a kiss. “No. I’m just got so used of feeling you beside me that it’s weird when you’re not.” 
“What is all of this? You packed food and drinks for like a week or something.” Clarke said while she looked at the food and drinks. “We would be doing a week with that yes. But it’s more than us today.” Lexa said with a mischievous smile and right at that moment the doorbell rang. “Go look.” Lexa said and Clarke looked at her with narrowed eyes before walking to the door and opening it. Her eyes widened when she saw a bus on the driveway and all her closest friends around and in the bus. Meanwhile Lexa had followed Clarke and stood behind her now with a big smile, proud of her surprise. “What’s all of this?” Clarke asked. Lincoln reached out his hand for Clarke to take it. “Can I guide you to the bus princess?” Bellamy asked and Clarke laughed while she took his hand and let her guide to the bus while Lexa, Lincoln and Anya took the bags and placed them on the bus too.