91

Clarke woke up in the same position she fell asleep. Her arms still holding Lexa while her front was pressed against the brunette's back. She could smell Lexa's shampoo and it made her press her nose and lips against the back of Lexa's shoulder. She was relieved she didn't had any more nightmares after she went back to bed. "Are you awake?" Lexa whispered and Clarke nodded against her shoulder. Lexa turned her head, looking at Clarke over her shoulder. Clarke lifted her head and leaned in to kiss Lexa. When they pulled away, Lexa slowly turned to her back. Clarke immediately rested her head on Lexa's shoulder and the brunette let her fingers go through the blonde hair. "How did you sleep?" Clarke asked and she lifted the covers up to pull Lexa's shirt up so the bandage that covered the bulletwound came into view. Clarke looked carefully to see if there was any blood even when she could see there wasn't. "I'm fine, Clarke." Lexa said and she had to take Clarke's hands to let the blue eyes find her green ones. She tried to read them but couldn't. The only thing she didn't see was happiness and that's what she did want to see in the blue eyes. "What's wrong? Please talk to me. Why were you awake last night?" Lexa begged without letting go of her hands. "Are you having doubts about us or something?" She asked worried and Clarke immediately shook her head and held Lexa's hands tightly to show her she wasn't letting go. "Of course not. I love you." Clarke said. "Then what's wrong?" Lexa asked and Clarke sighed. "I get nightmares lately. I experience the day of the abduction all over again but with a bad ending. I'm sorry. I didn't want to worry you so I didn't tell anything. But I guess I worried you with that. So I'm sorry. I'm sorry I made you think I was doubting about us. I never did. I've never been so sure about something. I wouldn't want anyone else but you. Never. We're not together for so long but if you would ask me to get married I would 100% say yes. No doubt. Because I love you. So much." Clarke started to blurt out and Lexa took her hand and placed it on her heart. Clarke stopped talking and looked confused at where her hand laid. "Do you feel that, Clarke? That's my heart beating. It's beating for you. I'm right here." Lexa said and Clarke nodded while feeling Lexa's heart beating. Clarke looked up to Lexa's face when she saw Lexa's mouth turning into a huge grin. "What?" Clarke asked confused why the brunette was smiling like that. "You would marry me?" Lexa asked, the grin not weaken a bit. Clarke's face flushed while she scratched the back of her head and opened her mouth to say something but she couldn't. Lexa chuckled while she took Clarke's blushed cheeks in her hands and pulled her in a kiss. "I would too." Lexa said, only pulling away a few inches. Their faces close and them staring into each other’s eyes. “I love you so much.” Lexa whispered and they molded into the kiss. It was only them at that moment and they didn’t care about anything else. It was like their senses were turned off for the rest of the world but for each other. That’s why they didn’t hear Lincoln knocking on the door before coming in. He had to cough a few times for the two to actually notice him and pull away from the kiss. “What are you doing here? Couldn’t you knock?”  Lexa asked after she sighed because a great moment got interrupted. “I did knock actually but you didn’t even hear that.” Lincoln said and he walked further in the room with a first aid kit. “I don’t remember me saying you could come in so why are you here?” 
“Okay stop with the attitude you horny kid. Jesus, you’re like a teenager. I’m here to take care of your bulletwound.” Lincoln said and he sat down beside them on the bed. Lexa’s shirt was still lifted up because of Clarke and Lincoln looked at the two, discouraged. “I bet if I hadn’t interrupted you two, this wound was bleeding. You need to rest, Lexa. That means no physical movements.” He said and he looked from Lexa to Clarke. “I’m serious. This needs to get the chance to heal.” He said to Clarke now and the blonde nodded quickly. “I can’t help it when she talk about getting married.” Lexa said and Lincoln looked shocked at the two while slowly removing the bandage. “You two are getting married?” He asked in shock and even before they could reply, Raven and Octavia walked in the room with wide eyes and excitement all over their faces. Obviously they had heard what had been said and were currently freaking out over it. “No we are not getting married!” Lexa said to calm everyone down and they immediately did. They looked confused at the brunette instead. “Well not yet.” Lexa said and she looked at Clarke while talking. “We kinda already said we would marry if we asked but it’s not official or sure we will get married. I mean we didn’t even had a proper talk about if we want to get married. There is no hurry. We have time.” Lexa said and Clarke smiled at her. They just gazed into each others eyes for some seconds until Lincoln ruined it by disinfecting the wound. Lexa winced at the pain, pinching Clarke’s hand until the pain slowly started to fade away and she glared at Lincoln. “You always ruin our moments.” 
“Maybe if you two stopped staring or licking each other’s faces off every second I wouldn’t have to.” Lincoln snapped back while he put a new bandage on. Clarke couldn’t help herself but look carefully at the wounded flesh. She was wondering if it would leave a scar and she was almost sure it would. Lexa could see Clarke couldn’t take her eyes of the wound that was visible and turned Clarke’s face to hers by her chin. “It’s okay.” Lexa said and she placed a small kiss on the lips. Raven pretended to puke. “Gross.” She said and Clarke turned around. “Go kiss your own girlfriend then.” She said and Octavia and Lincoln looked confused at Raven. “What did you say about me?” Luna asked while entering the bedroom too, walking up to Raven and kissing her on the mouth. Lincoln and Octavia were still looking in shock while Lexa and Clarke looked at each other with a victorious smile. “Okay now get out of our room so we can get dressed. I have a surprise for Clarke.” Lexa said and Clarke looked confused at the brunette. “Surprise?” Clarke asked and Lexa looked at her with excitement. “Yeah and I’m sure you will love it.”