55

Lexa walked to the door when she heard the doorbell ranging

Lexa walked to the door when she heard the doorbell ranging. She opened the door and her eyes widened when she saw Josephine Lightbourne standing on her porch with a big smile. A smile that was too big for the past they have and Lexa knew it wasn’t a genuine smile. “What are you doing here?” Lexa asked and she couldn’t hide the dislike in her voice. “Clarke sended me here.” Josephine said and Lexa was confused at hearing that. She walked outside and closed the door behind her so Costia wouldn’t hear their conversation about Clarke. “What do you mean?” Lexa asked. “Well she didn’t really send me here but she wants me to throw a party for them and I needed to invite you.” Josephine said and Lexa scoffed while she walked back to the door again. “No thank you.” She said and she was about to go inside again. “Why not?” Josephine asked and Lexa turned around again. “I’m not really in a party mood.” Lexa made up. “Well I mean it would be nice to see Costia again at the party. It’s been a long time since I’ve spoken to her. Is she inside?” Josephine asked and she walked closer to the house to look through a window inside. “What  do you want from me Josephine?” Lexa asked in annoyed tone and Josephine turned to her again with a smug face. “I want you to come to the party, together with Costia.” Josephine said and it gave Lexa a nauseous feeling when she thought of Clarke and Costia at the same party. “Why would you want that?” Lexa asked. 
“Because Clarke wants you to come to the party. It was like a condition so I can’t let the girl down.” 
“Just tell her I was busy or something. I can even text her that myself if you want.” Lexa said and she grabbed her phone. “What’s up with you?” Josephine asked and it made Lexa look up from her phone. “First you hate me because I’m too close to Clarke and now you are just pushing her in my hands. I’m competitive. This isn’t fun for me.” 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“You do. You know exactly what I’m talking about. You don’t hate me because of that photoshoot. Even without it you got successful. You hate me because I got too close to Clarke in Paris. I saw you looking at her. But what I don’t understand is that I suddenly see you and Costia back together. I did not see that one coming.” Josephine said while she started to walk around on the porch. “You know why I’m pushing Clarke in your hands? Because she’s all yours! I have Costia now.” Lexa said and Josephine’s smile became even wider. “As romantic as that may sound, it’s not really convincing. I don’t recommend you going for an acting career. It’s not believable at all.” Josephine said and Lexa had to clench her jaw to control herself because this girl was annoying her a lot. “I could just say you couldn’t come and just accidently let it slip about you and Costia.” Josephine said and Lexa looked at her defeated. “Alright. We will come.” Lexa said and Josephine clapped her hands. “Perfect. I’ll text you the details later.” She said with a big smile before she drove away again. Lexa didn’t know how to feel about this. She knew she couldn’t hide it forever but she didn’t know if she could face Clarke and Bellamy together in real life. Neither did she know how Clarke would react on her and Costia being together. 

Clarke had been nervous the whole day because today she would finally see Lexa again and be able to explain what was going on

Clarke had been nervous the whole day because today she would finally see Lexa again and be able to explain what was going on. She didn’t give up her place at the bar where she had perfect view of the enteree. She couldn’t wait to see the brunette appear through it and every minute she stayed away was one minute too much. She had asked multiple times at Josephine if she would really come for confirmation and now all she could do was wait. Luna could see Clarke wait at the bar with her eyes fixed on the enteree and she knew exactly why. Luna approached Clarke but she was too late because at that moment Lexa walked in. She didn’t even have to look at the entry to confirm it was Lexa. She could see it in Clarke’s eyes, how they lit up first and then became watery and the faint smile on her face disappeared when she saw Lexa walking in, hand in hand with Costia. “I’m sorry, Clarke.” Luna said and Clarke looked at Luna for some seconds, letting it all sink in before she got up from the bar and walked away.