63

Clarke and Lexa were waiting in the waiting room of the hospital when Clarke’s phone buzzed

Clarke and Lexa were waiting in the waiting room of the hospital when Clarke’s phone buzzed. Clarke was leaning against Lexa’s shoulder with her head while the brunette comforted her. Raven was still in surgery and they had been waiting for 2 hours now. It hadn’t been long that Clarke stopped with sobbing. She sat up to look at her phone. At first she looked at it emotionless, numb even. But when she realised what she was reading, her eyes became wider and she froze. Lexa noticed the sudden change in Clarke’s body language and looked over her shoulder. She could see the blonde had gotten a message of Costia and immediately took the phone out of her hand to read it more carefully. Lexa could feel the rage building up in her body and she clenched her fists while cursing Costia. “Am I going crazy or did Costia just say she made Raven have this accident. This accident is made on purpose?” Clarke asked after she got up from her chair and paced through the hallways. Lexa looked at her, not knowing what to say. They both knew exactly what this text said but she didn’t know what to say because this was her fault again. She was the reason again Clarke was putted in a mess. It was because she’s gay, her dad started to drink and he crashed the car not only into a tree but Clarke’s dad too. And now she broke up with Costia and fell in love with Clarke what made the girl go crazy and attempt a murder on Clarke’s best friend. “We need to go to the police with this.” Clarke said before Lexa could give an answer and she took the phone out of her hands again. “I can’t leave Raven alone here. I’m calling them so they can come here.” Clarke said and Lexa took her phone while Clarke walked a bit further away from her to avoid noises while being on the phone. Lexa dialed Costia’s number in and waited for her to pick up the phone. “Come on. Pick up.” Lexa said while she waited but she didn’t. “Are you out of your mind?! What the fuck is going on with you. This is something between me and you. Don’t involve Clarke in this and especially not her friends! Are you mental?! Touch one hair on any of Clarke’s friends and family or Clarke herself and I will make sure you won’t be able to do anything at all.” Lexa said in Costia’s voicemail and she had to take a deep breath to calm down. “I know I hurt you. But it was never my intention. We had great memories together but it’s not how it should be. You saw that earlier than me and now I realised that too. Please Costia, I’m begging you, leave Clarke alone. Please.” Lexa said at the end and when Clarke started to come back from her call, she ended hers too. “An inspector will come and look at the situation.” Clarke said and Lexa pulled her into a tight hug. Lexa gave a kiss on top of Clarke’s head. Their embrace got interrupted by a doctor calling Clarke’s name. “Miss Reyes is getting out of anesthesia.” He said. “Can I see her?” Clarke asked and she already walked closer to the door but the doctor held her back. “Before you do that. I want to talk about her condition. Raven has been in critical conditions. We were most scared about her left leg. Bones were shattered and we weren’t sure we could save it. The surgery went good and we think the leg good too. But the chance that she will have complications with the leg are very high. We’ve seen this before and most things we see is partly paralysed and extreme pains. If it is like that your friend will definitely need all support she can because it’s very hard for everyone who had this. And especially at her recovery she will need constant help. Is there any parent I can contact?” The doctor asked and Clarke swallowed the lump down her throat. “No. Raven doesn’t have any family members except for her friends.” Clarke said and the doctor give her a small nod. “Can I go inside now?” Clarke asked and the doctor nodded again. 

Clarke had tried to prepare herself of how she would see her friend laying there

Clarke had tried to prepare herself of how she would see her friend laying there. The normally always excited and on point Raven Reyes laid defeated on the bed. Nothing could prepare her for what she saw now. Her friend’s body full with cuts and bandages, tubes attached to her body. Raven groaned when she saw Clarke and Clarke walked closer to her friend. Leaning over her so she was right in Raven’s vision. Clarke couldn’t help but cry when she saw her best friend in pain and crying too. “That bastard.” Raven sobbed and Clarke didn’t know what she meant with it and looked at her with a confused gaze. Raven just kept on repeating the words. “What bastard?” Clarke asked and Raven groaned of the pain again while she tried to talk. “Murphy.” Raven said finally and it made Clarke even more confused. “What do you mean?” 
“Murphy. Murphy hitted me with the car.” Raven said and Clarke’s heart fell in her chest. “Are you sure about this?” Clarke asked because Costia’s message was still in her mind. “I saw him with my own eyes, Clarke. I looked right in his eyes right before he hit me with the car.” Raven said angry and she groaned of the pain again. Clarke looked behind her, at Lexa who had followed the conversation. Both women looked confused at each other.