80

Clarke hadn’t left Lexa’s side since she got from surgery

Clarke hadn’t left Lexa’s side since she got from surgery. The brunette was mostly sleeping but Clarke didn’t care. Hearing her heartbeat through the heart monitor and seeing her chest go up and down was the most satisfying feeling for Clarke right now. She knew that it could’ve ended different too and that thought made her heart sting. But right now she was very much alive and by her side, and for Clarke that was all that mattered. She rubbed circles with her thumb on Lexa’s hand while holding it. Clarke’s head was resting on Lexa’s leg but when they heard the door opening with a thud, both Clarke and Lexa looked up. Clarke was ready to curse whoever dared to wake up Lexa like that but she could hold back her swearing when she saw the police, including the inspector who investigated Raven before. Clarke held her breath when she saw the man in front of her. Did he know? Did he know his daughter died because Lexa stabbed her. Clarke knew he knew by the look in his eyes. They were red and puffy what pointed out he had been crying. They could hear Lexa’s heartbeat fasten up by the heart monitor and Clarke wanted to calm her down but she couldn’t. She was frozen to the ground.  “Clarke Griffin, you’re under arrest for murder on Costia Winters.” He said and his voice cracked while saying her name. 
““You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.” He said while Clarke was still progressing all of it. The officers approached her and handcuffed her. “I’m innocent. It was out of self defense. You’re daughter abducted me and shot Lexa!” Clarke shouted but the man ignored it while he took her arm to drag her away. Lexa was fighting on the bed, ready to pull the needles out of her body to go after Clarke. She wanted to pull the oxygen mask of her face so she could tell it was her and not Clarke that killed Costia but Clarke looked at Lexa. “It’s okay. I love you.” Clarke said before she got dragged out of the room and Lincoln ran inside, pushing Lexa back on the mattress. “Lexa, calm down. I need you to breathe.” He said but Lexa was still fighting against him. She had to go after her. She had too. “Stop fighting and breathe! Please!” Lincoln shouted but Lexa couldn’t. She’s not safe. What is he going to do with her? Lincoln had no other choice than injecting sedative to calm Lexa down and to let her stop fighting. Slowly her body slumped against the mattress again and the last thing she saw was Lincoln removing the bandages fully drenched in blood on her bulletwound that had opened again because of her movements.

 Slowly her body slumped against the mattress again and the last thing she saw was Lincoln removing the bandages fully drenched in blood on her bulletwound that had opened again because of her movements

Clarke was more worried about Lexa than herself at the moment. She had seen how her girlfriend panicked and moved too frantically while she couldn’t move too much to let the wound heal. The officers dragged her through the halls of the hospital, on their way to go outside. They passed the waiting room where all her friends sat. They got up from their chairs when they saw Clarke getting dragged away by the officers. “Clarke! Hey what are you doing with her?!” Bellamy shouted while running after her. An officer had to hold him back. “What are you doing with her?” Bellamy asked mad. “Miss Griffin is under arrest for the murder on Costia Winters.” The officer said with plain voice and Bellamy looked confused at Clarke. Raven followed a few moments later, her leg slowing her down. “Costia abducted Clarke and Emori. She let someone else hit me with a car. She threatened Murphy with a gun and shot Lexa. You guys studied to be a cop and still you’re too blind to see that you’re accusing a victim of murder here? I didn’t need to study to see it so does that make me like super intelligent or are y’all just stupid? Or is it because Costia gets privileged because her daddy works for the police?” Raven asked while she looked straight into the inspector’s eyes. His grip on Clarke’s arm became tighter while he clenched his jaw. Raven’s words had certainly affected him and Clarke was scared for the consequences. “Are you sure you want to say that to a cop?” He asked to Raven and they way he said it, it was clearly a threat. But it didn’t scare Raven off. Instead she came a bit closer and looked at him with a smug look. “I don’t consider you as a cop. You’re just a selfish prick with a daughter who’s a psychopath. Oh no excuse me, who was a psychopath.”
“Okay that’s enough Raven.” Clarke said before he would arrest her too. “Handcuff her.” He said with gritted teeth. “No wait!” Clarke said. “I’ll stop fighting and just come with you. Just let her go. She didn’t do anything.” Clarke begged. “She insulted a cop.” He said. “Do you blame her? Because of your daughter, she’s walking with a brace.” Clarke said and the man didn’t say anything for a while. “Okay let’s go.” He said while he nodded at the other agents to follow him outside. “We will get you out, Clarke.” Bellamy promised. “Take care of Lexa for me. Promise me!” Clarke shouted at everyone and they all nodded before they looked how Clarke got dragged in a police car and how it drove away.