76

Clarke slowly opened her eyes while she groaned. She wanted to rub her eyes but when she tried to she simply couldn’t. Her mind was still fuzzy but when she felt her hands were tied up behind the chair she was sitting on, she realised what had happened. Her eyes shot open at the realisation and she wanted to scream but tape on her mouth muffled it. She looked around her, trying to orient of where she is but she had no idea. It was dark around her what meant it must’ve be night or evening. She didn’t know how long she had been unconscious. Clarke started move on the chair, trying to pull the ropes that held her hands tied loose while screaming. “Alright enough.” She heard a voice say with a sigh from behind and Clarke could hear she was annoyed. She could hear footsteps coming closer on the wooden floor and not much later she saw Costia slowly making her way in front of her. “Look at you.” She said while she looked at Clarke with a pouty mouth. She moved her hand to Clarke’s hair to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear but Clarke turned her head away. Costia stared at her for a few more seconds before she pulled the tape of Clarke’s mouth with a steady pull. Clarke had to clench her teeth to not make a sound of the burning feeling. Costia looked at her with a smug smile while she threw the tape on the ground. “What do you want from me?” Clarke asked and she was impressed that her voice wasn’t shaking. She wouldn’t show her weak side to Costia. “Oh God. Did Lexa really drop me for such a stupid girl? It’s not hard to know what I want from you, Clarke.” 
“You can’t force someone to love you. What are you even trying to achieve here? Now Lexa won’t ever love you again. She now sees what for psycho you are. You really think she would love you after you abduct me and threaten me? What’s your plan Costia? How do you see this work?” Clarke asked and the smile on Costia’s face creeped her out. “You don’t have to worry about that Clarke. It will all become very clear when Lexa shows up. If she shows up though. I mean it’s been a few hours already and she’s still not here. Maybe you’re just not worth it.” Costia said and Clarke didn’t answer. She knew Lexa would come after her. She had no doubt in that but she didn’t know if that’s what she wanted to happen. How is this going to end? “Wow already lost your tongue? I didn’t even have to cut it out yet.” Costia said with a wicked grin. “Lexa would be truly hurt if you did that. It’s her favourite part of my body.” Clarke said with a grin and Costia’s smile slowly faded away. “Don’t test my patience Clarke. Don’t. And it’s not a threat. It’s a warning.” 
“I don’t see what I did wrong here. I just told you some facts since we are waiting for Lexa’s arrival.” Clarke said and she immediately got hit in the face by Costia. She could feel her cheek burn. “Is that all you got?” Clarke asked and it got rewarded with three more punched of Costia. Clarke spitted the blood out that had poured in her mouth of her bleeding lip. “That’s better.” Clarke said and Costia scoffed. “I really don’t see what Lexa sees in you. What is it? What do you have that I don’t?” 
“A heart maybe.” Clarke said and Costia shook her head again. “I have a heart. And it’s filled with love for Lexa.” 
“Is it?” Clarke asked and Costia looked confused at the blonde. “If you loved her, wouldn’t you want her to be happy?” 
“I want to make her happy. I’m doing this for her.” 
“For her?! Out of love?! You need help. You need serious help. How would this make her happy? Are you out of your mind?” Clarke asked and Costia pointed a gun at her forehead. “I was going to make her happy. But you ruined it.” Costia said without moving the gun. “Costia… Let go of the gun.” Lexa said while she came more in the light with both her hands in the air to show she wasn’t a threat. She quickly shifted her eyes to Clarke and saw the bleeding lip. She looked at Clarke confused and Clarke shook her head to show she shouldn’t make it worse in front of Costia. “Why would I?” Costia asked and Lexa turned her attention to Costia again. “Because you can still walk out of this. It’s not too late. No one is hurt yet.” Lexa said while she took small steps forward to Costia and Clarke. “No one is hurt?” Costia scoffed. “What about me? I am hurt. You ditched me for what, Lexa? I thought we were good again.” 
“Sometimes good isn’t enough.” Lexa said and Costia didn’t say anything for a while. “What does she have that I don’t have?” She asked eventually with a croaky voice and Lexa started to feel sorry for her. She did this to her. She turned her into a monster. “I don’t know.” Lexa said and Costia slowly nodded. “You never looked at me the way you look at her.”
“I’m sorry.” Lexa said and Costia lowered the gun while walking a few steps away from Clarke. While Costia stood with her back towards them, Lexa walked closer to Clarke. “You’ll never love me as long as she’s here.” Costia whispered and she turned around. Everything played in slow motion in front of Lexa’s eyes. She could see how Costia pointed the gun at Clarke and pulled the trigger. And without thinking she set a few steps to block the way between the gun and Clarke. 
(Video ig @modernau_the100)